ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement: A heartfelt sendoff and a look ahead to the future

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
Big loss for OB.
I'd rather look at it as an exciting opportunity for Chip.

Chip has helped put us in a position where we can hire an elite option to help fill the void. Let's see what I can put together.

Like Ketch said, today's a sad day on one hand, but I can't help but be excited for a guy for whom I have an enormous amount of respect.

I'm out of the country right now, but made sure I could be around the computer when this announcement was made so I could show the type of support that Chip deserves. He'll be missed greatly. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Chip both personally and professionally, I'm glad to call him a friend and I'm proud of what he's helped us build here at Orangebloods.

I feel like he and I had a terrific working chemistry, but I'm excited for him as he takes on new challenges. I have no doubts that he'll be terrific in any and all endeavors.

As much as I'll miss having Chip here, after having lengthy talks with Ketch, I'm excited about the direction we're heading and the future of OB. When we hired Chip, it was a risky move for him to leave the print industry to come over to Rivals. That's not the case anymore, in large part thanks to his work. The fact that working at OB is job that is coveted by others is a credit to Chip. Ketch has always been all-in on making OB the best place it can be, and I have no doubts that we'll make a terrific hire to fill the void.

Good luck to my man Chip Brown on his new endeavor. Much love to you for all the hard work you've put in over the years to make OB a special place!

Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Ketch good luck with the search!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Congrats Chip! Your contributions and sense of humor will be missed, hopefully you'll check in on us every once in a while! Godspeed.

Originally posted by TCUHorns:
Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.

So sorry to see you go, Chip! I really enjoy your articles. I joined OB just to get recruiting news, but your stories are one of the things that made the site my go-to website for all longhorn analysis and news.

I know Ketch will do his best to replace you, but it's going to be tough.

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
Big loss for OB.
Chip will be missed, but he's one of the reasons why we're in a position to go out and get an outstanding person to fill the void. It's an opportunity for Chip to explore and try to reach new, different heights in the industry, and his impact here allows us to have the attention of some very attractive options.

Yeah, so this is bullsh.

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

let the couches start burning on the streets of OB... good luck chip!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by TCUHorns:

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.
Gruden?!?

Ketch...I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be part of the search committee...even if it's a S. Patterson style committee that is never consulted.

I honestly didn't know Scout still existed. Good luck Chip.

Wow. Hate to see you go, Chip, but very proud and happy for you, brother. Congrats - and don't be a stranger!

Originally posted by ChipBrown:

I leave OB with nothing but love and laughter in my heart.
This, along with the work ethic and courage you've displayed here, will take you anywhere you want to go. Hook'em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT