ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement: A heartfelt sendoff and a look ahead to the future

Play on, playa.

Thanks for your good work.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by atex720:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by TCUHorns:
Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Ketch good luck with the search!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.
Gruden?!?
I am looking towards the NFL.

Congratulations Chip! I'm sorry to see you leave and you will be missed. I enjoyed your contributions to this site. Good luck to you.

Originally posted by UTshirtfanSWT:
Ketch...I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be part of the search committee...even if it's a S. Patterson style committee that is never consulted.
Me too. We can split the $100k

Originally posted by cjk194:
So sorry to see you go, Chip! I really enjoy your articles. I joined OB just to get recruiting news, but your stories are one of the things that made the site my go-to website for all longhorn analysis and news.

I know Ketch will do his best to replace you, but it's going to be tough.
My sentiments exactly. Always enjoyed your articles. Congratulations on the new job.

Congrats, Chip! You are an excellent reporter and deserve all the success. Bummed you won't be on OBs anymore, however.

Being from Dallas I remember this very talented mainly college sports young, very gifted and funny Dallas Morning News sports writer. Then there was the middle age Orangebloods era with great investigative articles with such up to the minute and even before breaking news that was unrivaled on the college sports scene. Now in the twilight of a brilliant career and life, Chip seems to have a few moves left and we all wish him luck.

Originally posted by atex720:

Originally posted by TCUHorns:
Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Ketch good luck with the search!

I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.
Gruden?!?
I am looking towards the NFL.
Belichick come on down. His glowing personality would do wonders for this site.

aw man.... you will be missed, chip! best of luck to you, sir.

Originally posted by DustinMcComas:

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
Big loss for OB.
Chip will be missed, but he's one of the reasons why we're in a position to go out and get an outstanding person to fill the void. It's an opportunity for Chip to explore and try to reach new, different heights in the industry, and his impact here allows us to have the attention of some very attractive options.
Yep. OB has the power, resources and commitment to make a great hire. That should not be a concern for anyone.

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by hilltophorn:
Come on down Coach Walker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT