ADVERTISEMENT

Belldozer

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Say bro - I know you live close to Austin.... also know you got the family thing to do normally, but I was gonna say tha you need to make it out to Manor for the RRR game in October to bbq, etc with me and a few buddies - lmao and btw im the ONLY Texas fan out of the group. If you can make it we will have to set it up- just lemme know man.

Reactions: hookem3434
Say bro - I know you live close to Austin.... also know you got the family thing to do normally, but I was gonna say tha you need to make it out to Manor for the RRR game in October to bbq, etc with me and a few buddies - lmao and btw im the ONLY Texas fan out of the group. If you can make it we will have to set it up- just lemme know man.
LS I just saw this thread and I certainly appreciate the shout out and I'll definitely know my schedule the closer to game day we get. Who knows, by then I'll be in full football trash talking mode and you may want to kill me by then LOL.

LS I just saw this thread and I certainly appreciate the shout out and I'll definitely know my schedule the closer to game day we get. Who knows, by then I'll be in full football trash talking mode and you may want to kill me by then LOL.

LMAo naw bro - I know you too well by now man.... good fun and sports shit talking is alll god.. you would fit in well with my buddies that hate Texas too.. it will be cool. Just lemme know. Either way it is time we kicked it and had a beer... then I can vouch 100% for you on here, lmfao. I know youre a good dude, even if you are a sooner. ;) We will play it by ear till we know whats up and go from there. BTW- first beer is on me.

Reactions: Belldozer1

Its called 2 fans of opposing teams realizing that online personas do not dictate how ppl are in real life - and I know Bell seems like typical okie trash sometimes on here.... hell I got into it BAD with him back in the day, but events etc have shown me that deep down under that ugly sooner gear he wears that Belldozer is a good dude. ;)

I used to like to argue on here but I never convinced anyone to change their mind about what we were arguing about so I quit. Plus most of the guys that liked to argue are gone. This is by far the mildest I've seen this board in years. I guess I should add that I'm mid 40's with 3 kids that have mentally broke me so I don't have the stamina to argue with them at home, and then argue on here, anymore LOL, they exhaust me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldmanastro
Its called 2 fans of opposing teams realizing that online personas do not dictate how ppl are in real life - and I know Bell seems like typical okie trash sometimes on here.... hell I got into it BAD with him back in the day, but events etc have shown me that deep down under that ugly sooner gear he wears that Belldozer is a good dude. ;)
Prudence Macintosh said never disparage an institution of higher learning. You never know if your child may be attending it later.

You can't just invite the dude and not expect him to bring anything. Make sure he brings the following:
6 lbs of brisket and 4 lbs of sausage from Coopers in New Braunfels.
5 dozen tortillas from Los Gallos across the street from Coopers.
Home made salsa from the same place and chop sauce from Coopers.
Brisket tacos and sausage wraps are the $hit!

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
You can't just invite the dude and not expect him to bring anything. Make sure he brings the following:
6 lbs of brisket and 4 lbs of sausage from Coopers in New Braunfels.
5 dozen tortillas from Los Gallos across the street from Coopers.
Home made salsa from the same place and chop sauce from Coopers.
Brisket tacos and sausage wraps are the $hit!
Clob, have you tried Hays county bbq or Kent Black's in San Marcos? I go to Cooper's because it's close, but San Marcos has us beat.

Clob, have you tried Hays county bbq or Kent Black's in San Marcos? I go to Cooper's because it's close, but San Marcos has us beat.
If it's bbq and within 150 miles of new braunfels, I promise, I've had it at some point.

Blacks is good, but I'm not a fan of their sausage. Coopers brisket is bested by Franklin's only. Their pork ribs were voted by usa today as the 2nd best in America behind that place in KC, author Frank's or whatever. Personally, only Luling city market has better full cut pork ribs. Now, German town commissary in Memphis has the BEST baby back ribs ever. As far as pork chops go, I will put Coopers up against anyone. Their sausage is also awesome.

If it's bbq and within 150 miles of new braunfels, I promise, I've had it at some point.

Blacks is good, but I'm not a fan of their sausage. Coopers brisket is bested by Franklin's only. Their pork ribs were voted by usa today as the 2nd best in America behind that place in KC, author Frank's or whatever. Personally, only Luling city market has better full cut pork ribs. Now, German town commissary in Memphis has the BEST baby back ribs ever. As far as pork chops go, I will put Coopers up against anyone. Their sausage is also awesome.
I'll agree on Cooper's pork chop. I make my own sausage. Not going to Memphis again. I usually do brisket/ribs. I thought Black's was really good.

You may know this already but in case you don't, Rudys inNew Braunfels is moving in December to their new location just down the loop past New Braunfels Feed Store and Black's BBQ will be in Rudys current location.

You may know this already but in case you don't, Rudys inNew Braunfels is moving in December to their new location just down the loop past New Braunfels Feed Store and Black's BBQ will be in Rudys current location.
Yes, I am aware. Rudy's is bouncing because their rent got raised (from what i was told) by an astronomical amount. They called the bluff and walked. So Blacks came in and offered a tiny amount more than what rudy's was currently paying and the property owner jumped on it. What this means is, the already high prices that Blacks charges will be even higher at the NB location.

I'm sure I am the last to hear about this but .... I had a friend in Austin Friday that lined up at 6:30 a.m. at some place down there for BBQ that didn't open until 10:00, and they serve until they run out of meat??? He said there were 50 people in line with coolers at 7:00 a.m., on east side of I-35 close to the Capitol. He said it was like a football tailgate. What is this? Is it worth it? Or is this just fiction? He said it was about $120 for 3 people, but worth it.

Yes, I am aware. Rudy's is bouncing because their rent got raised (from what i was told) by an astronomical amount. They called the bluff and walked. So Blacks came in and offered a tiny amount more than what rudy's was currently paying and the property owner jumped on it. What this means is, the already high prices that Blacks charges will be even higher at the NB location.
Exactly. Rudys got smart and bought their new lot location but that corner lot location sure is a good location.

Damn Clob....The WORST baby back ribs I ever had were in Memphis. I have no idea where, but everyone around there said they had the best "dry rub" ribs ( supposed to be Memphis style? in the world. I couldnt even finish them. Maybe it was a different place, but if what you were talking about was dry rub, I'll pass.

Fr
I'm sure I am the last to hear about this but .... I had a friend in Austin Friday that lined up at 6:30 a.m. at some place down there for BBQ that didn't open until 10:00, and they serve until they run out of meat??? He said there were 50 people in line with coolers at 7:00 a.m., on east side of I-35 close to the Capitol. He said it was like a football tailgate. What is this? Is it worth it? Or is this just fiction? He said it was about $120 for 3 people, but worth it.
Franklins. Some folks used to charge folks to wait in line for them, but that was taken away. Obama cut in line once and that was heavily frowned upon.

Fr

Franklins. Some folks used to charge folks to wait in line for them, but that was taken away. Obama cut in line once and that was heavily frowned upon.
Was it Obama or did he have Secret Service do it for him?

Damn Clob....The WORST baby back ribs I ever had were in Memphis. I have no idea where, but everyone around there said they had the best "dry rub" ribs ( supposed to be Memphis style? in the world. I couldnt even finish them. Maybe it was a different place, but if what you were talking about was dry rub, I'll pass.
You ate at corky's. It's trash. Germantown commissary is the tits. When they have the St. Judes classic golf tourney, it actually closes because the pga dudes take up a collection to have them serve only bbq to the tour players, their caddies and family. It's legit.

The dry ribs are a surprise for sure. I guess it's an acquired taste. The places I tried from Little Rock to Nashville had wet ribs also. I'll sand sure eat the dry ribs though.

In my opiniom, Blacks is overrated. But go to anywhere else in Lockhart or The Salt Lick

After getting married in Hawaii by ourselves, we held our reception at the reception hall at Salt Lick. It was awesome.
Every place that everyone has mentioned has great brisket, each place has their own unique flavor. We (as in most of us on this board) are lucky and spoiled to live fortunately close to most of them.

Hmmmm...I might have to hit up my cousin for his thoughts about these places. He works as a BBQ taster. Goes around all over the country and tries out their BBQ and writes about it. Pretty well known in those circles.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
ADVERTISEMENT