ADVERTISEMENT

Best Brisket I’ve had

Good thing I only do seafood when I'm on the coastline. 😆

I'd be willing to give it a taste but man, it sure sounds like jerky to me.

The mesquite wood give it a flavor that awesome, all the BBQ in town do that, thats how I learned, give it a natural mesquite flavor that you cant beat smoke for 4 hrs then build ya fire up to 300 and let it go at the far end of the pit, its not jerky Sailor Boy!...lol

I was gonna go fishing this morn but, we got 5 inches of rain in a hr and half , everything was flooded all over the Coastal bend

Went to HEB hoping Prime went down. Nope!
$66 for a 13lb prime........

59gaue.jpg

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
FB, I don't know where you get your brisket from, but where I get mine, it doesn't come seasoned, lol. You can't go wrong with kosher salt, course ground black pepper and garlic powder. Zach's brisket rub and Lawry's seasoned salt are pretty good as well.
I use Kinders and it does a pretty good job.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Finally got my Workhorse Pit in after 6+ months of waiting. Pricey especially now but it will stay in my family forever. Built very well, no leaks, keeps trucking like a locomotive. Definitely better than my Pitts and Spitts. Splits last a lot longer and temp just stays put no fluctuations.
So far I have smoked beef, pork ribs and steaks (4 cuts). I got a brisket waiting just need the time.

I've had a Lyfe Tyme smoker (made in Uvalde) for about 28 years. Paid $400 for it back then. Now the same smoker is going for a little over $1K. All of their smokers are 1/4" thick pipe. I had it sandblasted about 10 years ago and painted it myself. The key is the high temp paint. I keep it covered with a BBQ grill cover in my backyard. t still looks great and cooks great. If anyone is contemplating getting a smoker, don't get anything thinner than 1/4" thick wall. It'll last you forever.

I've had a Lyfe Tyme smoker (made in Uvalde) for about 28 years. Paid $400 for it back then. Now the same smoker is going for a little over $1K. All of their smokers are 1/4" thick pipe. I had it sandblasted about 10 years ago and painted it myself. The key is the high temp paint. I keep it covered with a BBQ grill cover in my backyard. t still looks great and cooks great. If anyone is contemplating getting a smoker, don't get anything thinner than 1/4" thick wall. It'll last you forever.
Agree! This one is 3/8 and heavy as hell!

I’ll be honest I’ve cooked 1 brisket on my Green Egg and honestly it came out like a damn roast. I don’t know if it’s because it’s like a convention oven but it wasn’t worth a damn imo.

I’ll be honest I’ve cooked 1 brisket on my Green Egg and honestly it came out like a damn roast. I don’t know if it’s because it’s like a convention oven but it wasn’t worth a damn imo.
Never used an egg but you have to develope a bark on it and use some wood smoke to give it the BBQ taste. Don't wrap it until the bark is formed.

That's hilarious. One interesting fact I heard about Lincoln Riley that I never knew before was that both his parents are UT grads. Can you confirm that?
Could be I haven’t heard that, come to think of it, I’ve never heard anything about his parents.

Never used an egg but you have to develope a bark on it and use some wood smoke to give it the BBQ taste. Don't wrap it until the bark is formed.
Yeah what he said. Can’t wrap it too long or it will become a roast. You’re just steaming it. If you’re gonna wrap early use butcher paper instead of foil or the foil boat method.

That's hilarious. One interesting fact I heard about Lincoln Riley that I never knew before was that both his parents are UT grads. Can you confirm that?
Yes, both of Riley's parents went to THE University of Texas. Also, his grandfather was a Muleshoe QB, so was his dad, so was his brother and so was Lincoln.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Zoom in and you can see there is moisture on the board. Pretty sure he separated the brisket and did it old school traditional. Probably didn't let it rest long enough before carving it wrong.

I’m not on Twitter but if you’re going to post something you better be able to handle what comes with it. Heck Riley probably just posted this in the festive Easter spirit proud of what he cooked but the fallout was brutal. Pretty much became a meme for how not to cook a brisket.

Zoom in and you can see there is moisture on the board. Pretty sure he separated the brisket and did it old school traditional. Probably didn't let it rest long enough before carving it wrong.
I see those claws sitting there and I don’t see any pulled pork so he may have tried to claw that thing lol

I’m not on Twitter but if you’re going to post something you better be able to handle what comes with it. Heck Riley probably just posted this in the festive Easter spirit proud of what he cooked but the fallout was brutal. Pretty much became a meme for how not to cook a brisket.
He got absolutely roasted on social media haha!

Yeah what he said. Can’t wrap it too long or it will become a roast. You’re just steaming it. If you’re gonna wrap early use butcher paper instead of foil or the foil boat method.
If I wrap in butcher paper and finish it in the oven do I just put it on a rack with a drip pan underneath?

I have a confession to make. I ate brisket etc. today from HEB True Texas Barbecue and I have to say that was some damn good brisket. I’d heard about that place for a while but I was impressed and their sides were damn good as well.
I usually get equal portions of regular brisket and the juicy brisket. Serve them together. Pretty damn good.

Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT