ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Fall Camp Thread

Look at this gem I found,

[IMG alt="Belldozer1"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/texas/data/avatars/m/27/27872.jpg?1484254345[/IMG]

Belldozer1

Well-Known Member​

Riley is doing what Stoops probably never could do: Out coach Meyer
Damn that thread is gold. Look at this Gem that I posted in the same thread:

"I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: I've read all the analysis, listened to the talking heads, OU by 14 and Mayfield stakes an early claim on the Heisman."

Gotta say I come on here on occasion to see if I can grab a gem of news on the team. Or one of Clob’s infamous rants or opinions on life in general. I might even drop a post or response every now and then. But all I’m seeing these days is OU fans crashing the threads with a bunch of drama. It’s gotten very old and may be time to move on to another board.

QB question for @diadevic. So Bohannon, who is a redshirt Jr 4* had a pretty darn good season last year gets beat out by a smaller 3* true sophomore in Blake Shapen. Gerry Bohannon threw for over 2000 yards and only had 6 int. What is the scoop on how this panned out?

Reactions: freeper
Gotta say I come on here on occasion to see if I can grab a gem of news on the team. Or one of Clob’s infamous rants or opinions on life in general. I might even drop a post or response every now and then. But all I’m seeing these days is OU fans crashing the threads with a bunch of drama. It’s gotten very old and may be time to move on to another board.
Oh hey @WRLHookem I wondered where you've been, seems like I haven't seen you around much since the RRS shootout dialogue you had with me and then I remembered why but you never came back to congratulate me on the win. Your Page 4 bold prediction lol. It's ok though, it's a new year
https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/red-river-shootout-week-is-here.539317/page-4

It's very old, and it won't continue.

Bell, I've asked you to let stuff go, but you won't. You've gotten real mouthy with most everyone on here. It's old. Knock it off. Last warning.

Bell, I've asked you to let stuff go, but you won't. You've gotten real mouthy with most everyone on here. It's old. Knock it off. Last warning.
? You asked me to let my opinion of Riley go because some of the folks on here are upset and don't agree with it. Now I'm being real mouthy with most everyone on here? Last warning? LOL ok

Oh hey @WRLHookem I wondered where you've been, seems like I haven't seen you around much since the RRS shootout dialogue you had with me and then I remembered why but you never came back to congratulate me on the win. Your Page 4 bold prediction lol. It's ok though, it's a new year
https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/red-river-shootout-week-is-here.539317/page-4
Bell I recall. Forgot about that one. Ill take my lumps. We’ll kick your ass this year and maybe I’ll be right this year. Either way I don’t plan to run back here and make a big deal out of it. Something tells me though that you have some insecurity issues. To rifle back through some old threads like a silly girl is funny.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Bell I recall. Forgot about that one. Ill take my lumps. We’ll kick your ass this year and maybe I’ll be right this year. Either way I don’t plan to run back here and make a big deal out of it. Something tells me though that you have some insecurity issues. To rifle back through some old threads like a silly girl is funny.
Agree. read this thread and it'll make sense

Reactions: DHHorn
Hey I respect your response lol

Dumbest shit I’ve seen posted in a while. With your logic how do coaches ever get fired? Good grief. And it looks like there weren’t enough good recruits to put Riley over the top? Lol. Did you predict Mack Brown’s demise? I don’t recall that? How about Sark? How about Ewers? Lay it all out since you think you’re all knowing? The thing is you’re like a couple of others on here who don’t say a peep until after the fact and then come out as know it all’s

You're the one that called him the "Real Deal", not me.

I get it. You spent the better part of 5 years talking about how great Lincoln Riley is and then he left you for another job. Now you want everyone to think he sucks, because your mad at him.

I agree with you. I don't think he's as good a coach as his record indicates. I think Brent Venables is a very good hire and will be extremely successful.

However, any comparison between LR and BV is laughable. BV has never won a game as a HC.

As far as being a no it all. I have opinions just like everyone else.

I thought CS and TH were going to be good hires and defended both constantly. I never thought MB could win a NC. I hate the fact that we would never consider coaches like Aranda, Bob Stoops, BV, Kirby Smart, or LR because they have never been HCs somewhere else.

I'll tell you what I don't do. I don't backtrack on my opinions after the fact.

You're the one that called him the "Real Deal", not me.

I get it. You spent the better part of 5 years talking about how great Lincoln Riley is and then he left you for another job. Now you want everyone to think he sucks, because your mad at him.

I agree with you. I don't think he's as good a coach as his record indicates. I think Brent Venables is a very good hire and will be extremely successful.

However, any comparison between LR and BV is laughable. BV has never won a game as a HC.

As far as being a no it all. I have opinions just like everyone else.

I thought CS and TH were going to be good hires and defended both constantly. I never thought MB could win a NC. I hate the fact that we would never consider coaches like Aranda, Bob Stoops, BV, Kirby Smart, or LR because they have never been HCs somewhere else.

I'll tell you what I don't do. I don't backtrack on my opinions after the fact.
So your opinion of them changed at some point right? Do you still think they are good coaches? Everyone thought Riley was a good coach when hired on and won some games. He's still considered a good OC. I came to the realization after several opportunities that Riley was not going to win it all at OU, plain and simple? We've been chasing a NC for over 20 years, we don't need a guy that just wins conference games anymore. That's my opinion.

? You asked me to let my opinion of Riley go because some of the folks on here are upset and don't agree with it. Now I'm being real mouthy with most everyone on here? Last warning? LOL ok

Your response tells me that you don't have the self awareness to consider what I'm saying. SMH. You don't always have to have the last word in every conversation. You have beaten the Riley thing like a dead horse for months. Let it go and be respectful of others and remember that you're posting on a TEXAS board.

Go ahead and lay out your predictions in depth for Sark, Ewers and Arch since you claim to be a know it all or stfu with your holier than thou bs. You didn’t come on here and tell anyone what Riley would or wouldn’t do at OU, your comments come after the fact. At least I make predictions and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it.
I can’t copy paste the meme, but “That escalated quickly”….

I haven’t read through all these posts since I don’t have time. All I’ll say is whoever was coaching OU or UT in the past is ancient history to me. My only focus is on what’s going on now. Both UT and OU are in a similar place where both teams have a lot to prove. My honest assessment right now is that OU is a better team right now until we prove it otherwise on the field in the RRS and Big 12 CG. I love the direction we’re headed with Sark and I’m convinced we’re going to be in the conversation for CFP contention in a couple years.

So your opinion of them changed at some point right? Do you still think they are good coaches? Everyone thought Riley was a good coach when hired on and won some games. He's still considered a good OC. I came to the realization after several opportunities that Riley was not going to win it all at OU, plain and simple? We've been chasing a NC for over 20 years, we don't need a guy that just wins conference games anymore. That's my opinion.

And you will notice that our opinions don't differ dramatically, except....

Your opinion of LR's coaching ability took a nosedive from 30K feet in late November and you seem to get defensive whenever anyone makes that observation. That's why I keep bringing it up.

And you will notice that our opinions don't differ dramatically, except....

Your opinion of LR's coaching ability took a nosedive from 30K feet in late November and you seem to get defensive whenever anyone makes that observation. That's why I keep bringing it up.
I understand your points as an OU fan expecting last year to be THE YEAR and by the 4th game of the season your coach and qb are getting booed out of the stadium and by the 2nd weekend in October your starting qb is getting benched for a true freshman you start to realize, it’s another year and you’re no closer to the big prize, you’re actually getting farther away and then you have the November loses

QB question for @diadevic. So Bohannon, who is a redshirt Jr 4* had a pretty darn good season last year gets beat out by a smaller 3* true sophomore in Blake Shapen. Gerry Bohannon threw for over 2000 yards and only had 6 int. What is the scoop on how this panned out?
Bohannon just doesn't have it. He was inaccurate and struggled against good defenses. When he got hurt, Shapen came into the KSU game and lit it up. He followed up in the remaining games - including the championship game against OSU - we scored virtually every time we had the ball in the first half, and then he hurt his shoulder. He stayed in but struggled after that - but earned respect for sticking it out. That kept him out of the Sugar Bowl. Bohannon came back for the Sugar Bowl and was horrid.

Everybody loved Bohannon - he was a leader of men. But no one in Waco is crying over this change -- Shapen is just better. By a lot.

Reactions: westx
I understand your points as an OU fan expecting last year to be THE YEAR and by the 4th game of the season your coach and qb are getting booed out of the stadium and by the 2nd weekend in October your starting qb is getting benched for a true freshman you start to realize, it’s another year and you’re no closer to the big prize, you’re actually getting farther away and then you have the November loses

How the f*ck do you think we feel. It's another year and we can't block or tackle the school fir the blind.

Bell, let it go, man. Remember, this is a Texas forum, not an OU forum. Your passion and obsession about Lincoln Riley leaving OU for a better job is affecting your mood and causing you to attack Longhorn posters here who don't agree with your stance, which isn't going to be allowed to continue. You're taking this and making this too personal.
Lol, better job?

Damn that thread is gold. Look at this Gem that I posted in the same thread:

"I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: I've read all the analysis, listened to the talking heads, OU by 14 and Mayfield stakes an early claim on the Heisman."
For those that want to archive, I called the Kyler for heisman. Way early at that. I still can't win 2 dollars on the lotto though. 👍

My take?

Lincoln Riley woke up on 3rd base thinking he hit a triple. Stoops left the cupboard fully stocked.

Lincoln Riley is a typical Air Raid coach. All they want to do is recruit QBs and WRs. They put 90% of their energy into coaching offense and act as though the other 2 phases of the game are a burden. Go look at your recruiting for the last 5 years and tell me you think that they recruited defense well.

Some posters on this board love to sing the praises of the Air Raid offense, but last I checked, it still hasn't won shit. It's a gimmick that is used to hide the fact that you have talent deficiencies by using spacing.

I tried to explain this when Riley was hired and "someone" vehemently defended Riley. He was the QB whisper and the offensive version of Nick Saban. I said that one day you guys would wake up a realize that Riley was not what you thought he was. Since November, "someone" has tried to walk back all of the positive things he said about Riley and pretend like he never posted them.

I'm a d*ckhead, so I've been searching through old posts just to refresh everyone's memory.
I agree with everything you just stated my man. You've parroted everything I've ever suggested about Riley. I got lambasted for this from many a Sooner fan also. Him running from the sec says alot. Brent's been there and done that. I'm comfortable right now. 👍

Dumbest shit I’ve seen posted in a while. With your logic how do coaches ever get fired? Good grief. And it looks like there weren’t enough good recruits to put Riley over the top? Lol. Did you predict Mack Brown’s demise? I don’t recall that? How about Sark? How about Ewers? Lay it all out since you think you’re all knowing? The thing is you’re like a couple of others on here who don’t say a peep until after the fact and then come out as know it all’s
In all things hindsight brother.

Who was destined for Texas until Ewers signed on is reunited with Jeff Lebby at OU yes Art Briles son in law. Those 2 at UCF averaged 540 ypg in Dillon’s freshman year. I fully expect their offense to be pretty salty with those two. Let’s see how this plays out . Hookem !

Who was destined for Texas until Ewers signed on is reunited with Jeff Lebby at OU yes Art Briles son in law. Those 2 at UCF averaged 540 ypg in Dillon’s freshman year. I fully expect their offense to be pretty salty with those two. Let’s see how this plays out . Hookem !
Will the OK offense get called for at least 2 personal fouls a game like his father in laws teams did?

Will his receivers go for the knees like his father in laws teams did?

Will his offense get penalized at least 5x a game like his father in laws teams did?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Will the OK offense get called for at least 2 personal fouls a game like his father in laws teams did?

Will his receivers go for the knees like his father in laws teams did?

Will his offense get penalized at least 5x a game like his father in laws teams did?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Smh, only you brother.

Reactions: diadevic
C'mon MM. Bell about the only OU fan on this site on a regular basis. Maybe two or 3 of us check in from time to time seeing what the Horns are up too. Bell, like almost all OU fans, over the Riley drama and into BV and the new staff. Done a good job salvaging the recruiting class. Only commented on OU's fall practice in responding to Cali's questions. No harm, no foul. 8 days to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT