ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Fall Camp Thread

I’m onboard with those predictions. Though I was never sold on Rattler. Dude always seemed like a massive douche and just didn’t seem like he had the instincts some of the other guys had. Williams will probably end up being pretty solid at USC if he’s not running for his life for the next two years. USC’s line is going to be a shell of what ours was last season.
Rattler not panning out is an indictment on the qb whisperer, not me. Riley botched up his 5 star qb that he’d groomed since he was a freshman in high school. Not sure why nobody talks about Riley’s choke job there?

I’ve never heard that quote from Stoops kid? Are you sure about that? I doubt he would publicly say that.

Stogner was pissed like other receivers about the offense. Why do you think he wanted no part of going to USC?

Clayton Smith has to put on weight, will probably get some snaps but is not on the 2 deep, maybe next year
So he was upset playing in an offensive scheme that consistently puts TEs and WRs in the NFL? I read he wanted to go play with Coach Beamer and him and Rattler were close as well. Never heard anything about the offense.

I’ve never heard that quote from Stoops kid? Are you sure about that? I doubt he would publicly say that.

Stogner was pissed like other receivers about the offense. Why do you think he wanted no part of going to USC?

Clayton Smith has to put on weight, will probably get some snaps but is not on the 2 deep, maybe next year
It was YouTube clip. I seriously doubt you know anything about any OK player. Let the OK fans on here who really follow their team answer.

So he was upset playing in an offensive scheme that consistently puts TEs and WRs in the NFL? I read he wanted to go play with Coach Beamer and him and Rattler were close as well. Never heard anything about the offense.
What were Stogner's stats last year? There's your answer and the reason I am predicting Lebby's offense in year 1 to be statistically better than Riley's in his 5th year. Mims was going to transfer if Riley stayed.

It was YouTube clip. I seriously doubt you know anything about any OK player. Let the OK fans on here who really follow their team answer.
I've answered every question you've presented about OU players in detail, what else do you need to know? Are you saying Smith is on the 2 deep? You're mistaken if that's the case. He'll get some snaps but right now he's still too skinny. I'd like to see that clip of Stoops kid saying that. Not saying it didn't happen but I am skeptical.

Now, anyone else want to give me their scenarios for Texas, before the season starts not 3 games in, I'll be glad to note that as well.
Hard to gauge really. Considering last years record, true fish on the o-line, starting QB hasn't played since highschool Jr yr and season ending injuries in scrimmage.... I'd say 6-7 wins isn't good but it seems about right. Really depends on Ewers development.
We have the RB room to keep us in most games against teams not named Alabama but we also have young starters that will likely cost us a game or 2 we should win.

I'll say.....7-5.
As for Heisman, an uninjured Bijan probably won't win it but will at least be in NY. He has his own brand of mustard because he's going to get fed a ton this year.

Reactions: freeper
Stogner's stats last year 14 catches, 166 yards LOL. Stats from 2020 26 catches, 422 yards. Yeah he wanted away from Riley and got away. Now Stogner had gotten sick in the offseason but he was ready to go and the offense went away from him.

What were Stogner's stats last year? There's your answer and the reason I am predicting Lebby's offense in year 1 to be statistically better than Riley's in his 5th year. Mims was going to transfer if Riley stayed.
So just because his numbers were down (even though he had the same amount of tds as the previous year) it’s automatically the coaches fault? You’re just butthurt over Riley leaving and going out of you way to discredit him.

So just because his numbers were down (even though he had the same amount of tds as the previous year) it’s automatically the coaches fault? You’re just butthurt over Riley leaving and going out of you way to discredit him.
Stogner didn't follow Riley, what's hard to understand there? Do you think Riley didn't want him? LOL No. Did Haselwood follow Riley? Another 5 star? Nope LOL. Players described Riley as toxic. Look at the D players comments who graduated. Perhaps you should follow USC since you're personally affected by my comments about the now USC coach LOL. I still contend you're devastated that I'm not devastated LOL

Stogner didn't follow Riley, what's hard to understand there? Do you think Riley didn't want him? LOL No. Did Haselwood follow Riley? Another 5 star? Nope LOL. Players described Riley as toxic. Look at the D players comments who graduate
What do all those kids have to do with Stogner’s production declining last year?

They were pissed off at him for leaving so of course they didn’t follow him. Has nothing to with his ability to coach offense. I just love getting you all in your feelings about him LOL. You’re too easy.

What do all those kids have to do with Stogner’s production declining last year?

They were pissed off at him for leaving so of course they didn’t follow him. Has nothing to with his ability to coach offense. I just love getting you all in your feelings about him LOL. You’re too easy.
So let me get this straight, Stogner and others were mad because he left, so they didn't follow him, had nothing to do with the offense being shutdown repeatedly and play calling being questioned by the players? Got it LOL.

So let me get this straight, Stogner and others were mad because he left, so they didn't follow him, had nothing to do with the offense being shutdown repeatedly and play calling being questioned by the players? Got it LOL.
They didn’t trust him after that. If your wife leaves you for another man are you still going to trust her?

The proof is in the numbers with his offense. You can argue it all you want. 3 Heisman finalists and 2 winners in 5 years. But ya his offense was terrible LOL.

I would love to know how you get repeatably shut down and win 10+ games every year…

They didn’t trust him after that. If your wife leaves you for another man are you still going to trust her?

The proof is in the numbers with his offense. You can argue it all you want. 3 Heisman finalists and 2 winners in 5 years. But ya his offense was terrible LOL.
Totally agree and his offense was on the decline. Last year it was a joke. Lebby will do better in his 1st year than Riley last year which should have been his most productive. Pathetic.

I would love to know how you get repeatably shut down and win 10+ games every year…
Oh I don’t know, maybe look at the competition he played. A bunch of powerhouses in the big 12 right? But we did lose to the 2 teams who had a defense and easily could have lost to 5 more teams with very crappy defenses. It’s over thank goodness

You should stop crying over spilled milk, you have a guy who believes in defense in the saddle now.
Crying? I’m just here to rub it in that the coach you sucked off for 5 years just up and left the program like a thief in the night.

I understand being upset and pissed off the way he left. But to say he wasn’t a good coach is just blasphemy.

On top of that, clamoring for a guy who has already been run out of town before to be the programs savior is just comical to me. We will find out soon enough though

Reactions: LonghornMM
Crying? I’m just here to rub it in that the coach you sucked off for 5 years just up and left the program like a thief in the night.

I understand being upset and pissed off the way he left. But to say he wasn’t a good coach is just blasphemy.

On top of that, clamoring for a guy who has already been run out of town before to be the programs savior is just comical to me. We will find out soon enough though
Dude, just go post on the USC board if you’re that upset about it LOL. Nobody said he wasn’t a good OC, he was but then really struggled last year. It was obvious most teams had figured him out. Good luck to him at USC but not missed

Dude, just go post on the USC board if you’re that upset about it LOL. Nobody said he wasn’t a good OC, he was but then really struggled last year. It was obvious most teams had figured him out. Good luck to him at USC but not missed

Now that shite's funny.

Bell, Riley could win a NC at USC and you would find something to criticize him about. He left OU for greener pastures. Nothing wrong with that. Sports is a business. He didn't owe OU a lifetime commitment. Your nonstop criticism of Riley makes you look like a butthurt fan, but for some reason you don't see that. Others have pointed this out to you as well. It seems like you would want nothing more than to see Riley not succeed at USC because he hurt your feelings by leaving Oklahoma.

Reactions: Hoookem722
O man the irony LOL

O man the irony LOL

Bell, Riley could win a NC at USC and you would find something to criticize him about. He left OU for greener pastures. Nothing wrong with that. Sports is a business. He didn't owe OU a lifetime commitment. Your nonstop criticism of Riley makes you look like a butthurt fan, but for some reason you don't see that. Others have pointed this out to you as well. It seems like you would want nothing more than to see Riley not succeed at USC because he hurt your feelings by leaving Oklahoma.
LOL. And how on earth does my criticism of Riley effect you or anyone else? Good grief he’s the coach at USC. I hate to break it to you I don’t share your enthusiasm for Riley. I’m very happy with the Venables hire and I’m sorry if that pisses a few of you off LOL but I think I’m going to stick with that. I’m not really concerned if you or anyone else thinks I’m a butthurt fan Riley was just not the guy to take OU to another championship and really that’s what OU is after.

LOL. And how on earth does my criticism of Riley effect you or anyone else? Good grief he’s the coach at USC. I hate to break it to you I don’t share your enthusiasm for Riley. I’m very happy with the Venables hire and I’m sorry if that pisses a few of you off LOL but I think I’m going to stick with that. I’m not really concerned if you or anyone else thinks I’m a butthurt fan Riley was just not the guy to take OU to another championship and really that’s what OU is after.

Ok, dude. Just thought I'd try to give you some perspective. You opinion does not affect me in any way. I hope that Riley does well there, and I have no doubt that he will be very successful. He's a damn good coach regardless of what you think.

Ok, dude. Just thought I'd try to give you some perspective. You opinion does not affect me in any way. I hope that Riley does well there, and I have no doubt that he will be very successful. He's a damn good coach regardless of what you think.
Uh thanks I guess lol.

You didn't just call every poster here "simpletons" did you?
Only in a brotherly way. A term of endearment amongst me and and my buds. I'm outnumbered down here in south texas. We get along just fine though. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't appreciate each and every one of ya. I don't take posting on a message board personal or seriously. We're all fans and aint one guru on any board anywhere. We'll agree on some things and disagree on others. We're all fans of cfb and I know I'm on a horn board. My posts should never be taken personal from anyone on this board. Includes you cali. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT