ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Fall Camp Thread

@weevilcatch @Oldmanastro

I've got no idea. So here's my story:

When I first joined this board back in the Jurassic Era, I would have rather watched yachting than soccer. However, upon my return to the Lone Star State 4 years ago, it slowly dawned on me that soccer had gained considerable traction among sports enthusiasts here. Still I tried to hold out. I was amused by the exchanges on this board between the believers such as yourself, and the non-believer heathen like our humble board admin.

Anyways, this deficiency on my part was easy to cover at first. I could talk football with my students, both male and female and we all spoke a common language. Over time though, as I attended school games, it was becoming more and more difficult to excuse my absence from soccer games. In many classes I noted students excitedly discussing Premier League or Bundesliga games and I had no frame of reference. Most of my students I noted, were fans of Man U.

So anyways, I decided to lend my support and attend a soccer game, which led to students begging me to attend more. I did, then they started asking me about what teams I liked and besides Chiva, which my mother had rooted for when I was younger, I had no frame of reference. Knowing that my students were Man U fans, I decided on an oppositional approach, did some checking and saw that Chelsea was a rival, so overnight I became a Chelsea fan. It was January-February, a time of desolation in sports viewing. I found myself watching soccer and cricket on TV.....and enjoying Premier League matches. This was short-lived. Russia invaded Ukraine and Chelsea was owned by a Russki. I had to dump them sooooo....

Then I decided to really research Premier League teams. I needed a new squad to root for and there they were. Intimidating name, proud history but not so much that they were a pop-culture phenom. Classic imperial colors and a logo with a freaking cannon. What was not to like? Especially for an unrepentant imperialist and certified Anglophile such as myself? I adopted Arsenal and have been watching them ever since last March and yes, I agonized over their late season collapse. Been driving my Man-U students crazy this year by displaying standings and opppsss....playing highlights on YouTube.

To answer your question though, I have no idea if this is the real deal. I know even less about soccer than I do about football. So far, it looks like Arteta is making all the right moves and the team chemistry is working. Let's see what happens when they hit a rough patch......
Man, this was certainly looked over by all the soccer lovers on here. They act like football is upon us!
I have to admit I also pay attention to Arsenal more than anyone else. No reason other than I knew some folks from Ireland who rooted for them, so I tagged along.
Austin FC has my full attention now, bad game last weekend. Can’t WAIT until WC. I hope we stick it to England.

Reactions: freeper
Stogner didn't follow Riley, what's hard to understand there? Do you think Riley didn't want him? LOL No. Did Haselwood follow Riley? Another 5 star? Nope LOL. Players described Riley as toxic. Look at the D players comments who graduated. Perhaps you should follow USC since you're personally affected by my comments about the now USC coach LOL. I still contend you're devastated that I'm not devastated LOL
Belldozer I imagine most of us know you don't really follow OK fb. It's fb season and now you go to a few web sites and pass yourself off as knowledgeable.

Let's not forget vb season is here too. We got to the title game last year can we finish the job this year? Longhorn fans want to know.

Belldozer I imagine most of us know you don't really follow OK fb. It's fb season and now you go to a few web sites and pass yourself off as knowledgeable.
Practice report today said Clayton Smith was getting some snaps with the 2’s today. Not sure if it’ll be like that going forward. Coaches have said he needs to put on weight

Practice report today said Clayton Smith was getting some snaps with the 2’s today. Not sure if it’ll be like that going forward. Coaches have said he needs to put on weight
We only care about 5* and upside around here. Ou needs to start Clayton and put the two time transfer upperclassman as the #2. There is really nothing to it, the way we do it.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I’m onboard with those predictions. Though I was never sold on Rattler. Dude always seemed like a massive douche and just didn’t seem like he had the instincts some of the other guys had. Williams will probably end up being pretty solid at USC if he’s not running for his life for the next two years. USC’s line is going to be a shell of what ours was last season.
The tbow rattler connection was a disaster.

What's yer take. Lay it out there big boy. 😁

My take?

Lincoln Riley woke up on 3rd base thinking he hit a triple. Stoops left the cupboard fully stocked.

Lincoln Riley is a typical Air Raid coach. All they want to do is recruit QBs and WRs. They put 90% of their energy into coaching offense and act as though the other 2 phases of the game are a burden. Go look at your recruiting for the last 5 years and tell me you think that they recruited defense well.

Some posters on this board love to sing the praises of the Air Raid offense, but last I checked, it still hasn't won shit. It's a gimmick that is used to hide the fact that you have talent deficiencies by using spacing.

I tried to explain this when Riley was hired and "someone" vehemently defended Riley. He was the QB whisper and the offensive version of Nick Saban. I said that one day you guys would wake up a realize that Riley was not what you thought he was. Since November, "someone" has tried to walk back all of the positive things he said about Riley and pretend like he never posted them.

I'm a d*ckhead, so I've been searching through old posts just to refresh everyone's memory.

that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

My take?

Lincoln Riley woke up on 3rd base thinking he hit a triple. Stoops left the cupboard fully stocked.

Lincoln Riley is a typical Air Raid coach. All they want to do is recruit QBs and WRs. They put 90% of their energy into coaching offense and act as though the other 2 phases of the game are a burden. Go look at your recruiting for the last 5 years and tell me you think that they recruited defense well.

Some posters on this board love to sing the praises of the Air Raid offense, but last I checked, it still hasn't won shit. It's a gimmick that is used to hide the fact that you have talent deficiencies by using spacing.

I tried to explain this when Riley was hired and "someone" vehemently defended Riley. He was the QB whisper and the offensive version of Nick Saban. I said that one day you guys would wake up a realize that Riley was not what you thought he was. Since November, "someone" has tried to walk back all of the positive things he said about Riley and pretend like he never posted them.

I'm a d*ckhead, so I've been searching through old posts just to refresh everyone's memory.
So when Riley was hired he was known as the qb whisperer? I don’t recall him being called that at ECU? I’m not really sure what’s hard to understand here about Riley? When he gets to OU his offense looks good and is rolling along, fast forward to Georgia game, looks good for a half and then through horrible HC decisions and playcallingRiley gets totally shutdown in the 2nd half and loses. So, OU fans, myself included think/hope it’s just an anamoly. The next couple years go by and a current theme starts to manifest. Riley’s offense looks great for the most part in Big 12 conference play but as soon as OU steps out of that conference play, Riley’s offense gets stopped. Then last year we started getting shutdown in conference play. As a fan you could clearly see Riley was going to win conference games for the foreseeable future and that’s pretty much it. Not really hard to figure out. Is Riley a good OC? Sure is he a NC type HC/OC? Remains to be seen.

Btw get off your high horse. I’m sure you weren’t calling for Mack Brown’s head from the day he got hired or when he won a NC I’m pretty sure that came when things went south. Yeah people are allowed to have other opinions as the situations dictate.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
🤔 Is Riley the "real deal" or not? He was, but now he isn't?
Dumbest shit I’ve seen posted in a while. With your logic how do coaches ever get fired? Good grief. And it looks like there weren’t enough good recruits to put Riley over the top? Lol. Did you predict Mack Brown’s demise? I don’t recall that? How about Sark? How about Ewers? Lay it all out since you think you’re all knowing? The thing is you’re like a couple of others on here who don’t say a peep until after the fact and then come out as know it all’s

Last edited:
Look at this gem I found,

[IMG alt="Belldozer1"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/texas/data/avatars/m/27/27872.jpg?1484254345[/IMG]

Belldozer1

Well-Known Member​

Riley is doing what Stoops probably never could do: Out coach Meyer
Breaking news Stoops lost to Meyer in the 2008 NCG. I’m sure that was long before you were watching CFB. Riley beat Meyer early in his time at OU. Good game by Riley. Does not negate the fact that he could only win conference games the rest of his tenure. Some f you are really struggling with Riley leaving. I think you know what’s coming lol. Venables and Lebby’s aren’t an air raid system

Breaking news Stoops lost to Meyer in the 2008 NCG. I’m sure that was long before you were watching CFB. Riley beat Meyer early in his time at OU. Good game by Riley. Does not negate the fact that he could only win conference games the rest of his tenure. Some f you are really struggling with Riley leaving. I think you know what’s coming lol. Venables and Lebby’s aren’t an air raid system
Lighten up man. It's all in good fun.

Now if vegetables was Aranda I would have some issues, but not worried about either blowu coaches. Time will only tell how this hire turns out. Bell can come and eat crow if he is wrong and some on here can eat crow as well. Until then we will have Bell for 5 more years

Now if vegetables was Aranda I would have some issues, but not worried about either blowu coaches. Time will only tell how this hire turns out. Bell can come and eat crow if he is wrong and some on here can eat crow as well. Until then we will have Bell for 5 more years
Quit avoiding my last post, lol since you are a know it all go ahead and lay out Sark’s remaining time at UT, Ewers time at UT, Arch’s time at Ut. Tell us all up front how it’s going to be since you’re claiming that’s what you did with Riley….I’m waiting lol. You do realize you’ve opened a Pandora’s box right lol

Reactions: Okie70
I'll go. I think our Dline will not be very good. Our Oline will be young and thus not very good. Bijan will impress early in the season but if the season gets out of hand he will start preserving his body for the draft. Ewers will make some good plays more often than not but then throw a horrible interception on a critical drive that will determine the outcome of the game. I predict the fan base will blame it all on Sark. Sark will stay unless Manning leaves.

Quit avoiding my last post, lol since you are a know it all go ahead and lay out Sark’s remaining time at UT, Ewers time at UT, Arch’s time at Ut. Tell us all up front how it’s going to be since you’re claiming that’s what you did with Riley….I’m waiting lol. You do realize you’ve opened a Pandora’s box right lol
Foo what are you talking about? Nobody is avoiding sh!+ and I'm not afraid to respond back to you. All I have said on this damn thread is Riley will lock up the pac 12 if he can replicate what he did at blowu. And one other thing so get your sh!+ right

Foo what are you talking about? Nobody is avoiding sh!+ and I'm not afraid to respond back to you. All I have said on this damn thread is Riley will lock up the pac 12 if he can replicate what he did at blowu. And one other thing so get your sh!+ right
Go ahead and lay out your predictions in depth for Sark, Ewers and Arch since you claim to be a know it all or stfu with your holier than thou bs. You didn’t come on here and tell anyone what Riley would or wouldn’t do at OU, your comments come after the fact. At least I make predictions and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it.

Go ahead and lay out your predictions in depth for Sark, Ewers and Arch since you claim to be a know it all or stfu with your holier than thou bs. You didn’t come on here and tell anyone what Riley would or wouldn’t do at OU, your comments come after the fact. At least I make predictions and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it.
I think you're taking this a little to personal man....

Bell, let it go, man. Remember, this is a Texas forum, not an OU forum. Your passion and obsession about Lincoln Riley leaving OU for a better job is affecting your mood and causing you to attack Longhorn posters here who don't agree with your stance, which isn't going to be allowed to continue. You're taking this and making this too personal.

I think you're taking this a little to personal man....
You do? Lol. Unlike you I’ve actually been posting here for years so if you want to go scour the archives for my posts as some sort of “gotcha” feel free to post stuff from when you’ve actually been a posting member here. I’ll be more than happy to back up any post I’ve made.

Bell, let it go, man. Remember, this is a Texas forum, not an OU forum. Your passion and obsession about Lincoln Riley leaving OU for a better job is affecting your mood and causing you to attack Longhorn posters here who don't agree with your stance, which isn't going to be allowed to continue. You're taking this and making this too personal.
I’m not a Lincoln Riley fan and disagree with the opinion of a few posters so it would affect my posting privileges? Ok

You do? Lol. Unlike you I’ve actually been posting here for years so if you want to go scour the archives for my posts as some sort of “gotcha” feel free to post stuff from when you’ve actually been a posting member here. I’ll be more than happy to back up any post I’ve made.
It's funny how you can dish it out but you sure can't take it... Maybe it's time to change that tampon.

Reactions: LonghornMM
You're correct, my bad lol My response was meant for @dj701919 who I'm sure won't be a man about it. I quoted the wrong post

Reactions: RoboCocks21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT