ADVERTISEMENT

Big brother approval post for Aggy here

I'm just glad that my degree is from THE University of Texas and not from that college near Bryan, TX.

I can handle the insults about my Longhorns having a tough time, but, by golly, I wouldn't be able to survive the laughter that would regularly come from the public if they thought I was an aggy.

Reactions: LonghornMM
You know who else is back aggy? Syracuse...they actually beat Clemson last year.....so i believe they will win 10 games this year....aggy logic

Reactions: q1w2e3
Let me break it down for you Bob.....

If tonight, the roles were reversed and you beat the little sisters of the poor by 7 and we lost to a natty contender by 2, we would be just as pissed as we are now. Why? Because we expect to win, and win convincingly------ every time we take the field. You see close losses to talented teams as moral victories. We see wins by less than 3 tds as poor performances.

We play to not only win, but dominate--- you play for "the good old college try".
Not true right now for your team. You have been bad for 10 years now. You do look for growth..you do look for grit. Texas has been soft and I know you guys just want to see your team play with heart because ONLY then can you expect to see growth. This Texas team in its current state can’t grow. They don’t have a pulse. I hate that we lost but honestly I wanted to SEE what Jimbo has been preaching. This team showed a pulse and a ton of grit that will serve them well. When the talent matches that it could be great. Texas should have come out with fire after they laid an egg last week. They didn’t. They played just like they did and that falls on coaching and the heart of the players.
I know some bad things went against us tonight..more than Clemson had against them and the team just kept fighting. Sucks, but I’m proud of the effort.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
Texas AD was also watching the A&M game on a flat screen with Chris something or other. I guess he cared about aggy. I’m sure no Longhorn fans were monitoring that game. Texas looked as lethargic Bevo.

Lesson was better team. Frustrating that 4 plays beat us. Yes a couple of calls hurt but good teams overcome. We aren’t there yet but I’m happy with the effort. Stat board was in favor of A&M and just a few plays short. Look forward to future. More than 60 recruits tonight and I’m sure they didn’t leave disappointed.

It's Clemson not lesson you aggie dunce.

Texas AD was also watching the A&M game on a flat screen with Chris something or other. I guess he cared about aggy. I’m sure no Longhorn fans were monitoring that game. Texas looked as lethargic Bevo.

I was flipping back and forth and the difference was night and day. College Station was hoppin’ , the fans were really into it. Meanwhile in Austin, our fans are in the stands eating pretzels and playing on their phones. The problems reach much further than the shitty product we’re putting on the field.

I was flipping back and forth and the difference was night and day. College Station was hoppin’ , the fans were really into it. Meanwhile in Austin, our fans are in the stands eating pretzels and playing on their phones. The problems reach much further than the shitty product we’re putting on the field.

Did you expect it to be lively against Tulsa? After last week everyone’s hope for the season got stomped on. All the boards, Twitter, and media have been melting down for a solid week about how bad they are. Some are calling for Herman to get fired already. Do you really think the players don’t see all that? It makes their give a shit meter gown way down when all you read is how bad you are. The team needs some kind of positive momentum to pull themselves out of the funk but I don’t know where that will come from.

Did you expect it to be lively against Tulsa? After last week everyone’s hope for the season got stomped on. All the boards, Twitter, and media have been melting down for a solid week about how bad they are. Some are calling for Herman to get fired already. Do you really think the players don’t see all that? It makes their give a shit meter gown way down when all you read is how bad you are. The team needs some kind of positive momentum to pull themselves out of the funk but I don’t know where that will come from.

Then be better. One thing I picked up on was Herman trying to take blame for the shitty play in the 3rd. He said something along the lines of “I was hard on them at the half, telling them things they need to fix, so they came out tight”. If these kids crawl in a shell and play like crap because the coach criticized them, then we’re in bigger trouble than most think.

Reactions: weevilcatch
That’s my point they can’t seem to handle criticism very well. I think that’s been part of the problem for years.

You have been bad for 10 years now.
Not true. We’ve been bad for 9 years. We were in the national title game the 2009 season (something you’ll never do btw). 2009 + 9 = 2018.

On a related note, you’ve been an also ran for 79 years now. Wake us up when you have more to offer than grit, almost wins and crying about the refs.

Reactions: q1w2e3
I agree 100% on that. They’re a little thin skinned
A little thin skinned? Kids crying in the locker room at half time is a little thin skinned?

I'm starting to really believe that the social atmosphere currently in Austin, an atmosphere that we used to use to our advantage, has now become a monster that our coaches have no control over. And it has officially permeated our locker room.

Clob,

When I look at your record over the last 40 years, your team was great during the 2000's and you did dominate (other than OU still being better). Other than that, you have been just like A&M and the other programs in the state. This decade your slightly above .500 and behind TCU, Baylor, A&M, maybe even Tech. The days of dominating appear to be over. This is not the days when you had a huge resource advantage and scholarship advantage over everyone else. You don't get 2/3 of the PUF fund anymore. TCU, Baylor, A&M, Tech, etc. all have good facilities and can recruit well.

Texas is the only school from the state of Texas to win a National title since 1960, Texas is the only school in the state of Texas to play for a national title since 1960. What you might do and what you will do, are often two separate things. Right now Texas still has more money and resources than any public school in the world. If Texas wants to break the bank and hire a coach for 10 years 100 million they will do it.

We are much better and 10X more physical than you guys right now. We just have bigger plans for the future. If you think recruiting is boring and not important....

You might be right now, but lets see who the season goes on. I'm still feeling pretty good about my prediction of you being 2-2 to end September. I still feel pretty good you will end your season with 5 losses.

One team was playing Tulsa, the other was playing the #2 team in the country. A better comparison would be the fan involvement comparison between the Tulsa game and the Northwestern state game.

A little thin skinned? Kids crying in the locker room at half time is a little thin skinned?

I'm starting to really believe that the social atmosphere currently in Austin, an atmosphere that we used to use to our advantage, has now become a monster that our coaches have no control over. And it has officially permeated our locker room.

Wow haha I wasn’t aware of the crying in the locker room but yes, that’s my point. I said something in a post last week about the atmosphere and culture around Austin that goes right along with what you’re saying.

Do you know why they were crying? Are you saying they were crying because the coaches talked mean to them (basically because they coached them)? I have a hard time believing a D1 player has never been coached hard before.

Do you know why they were crying? Are you saying they were crying because the coaches talked mean to them (basically because they coached them)? I have a hard time believing a D1 player has never been coached hard before.
The coaches yell at these kids and they crawl into their shell. It's a well known fact. Herman has eluded to the kids getting tight...... and that's the nice way of saying that the kids are soft.

Regardless, there’s no excuse for crying in the locker room at halftime. Whether you’re getting your ass chewed or mad at yourself for poor play, crying is a form of weakness in that moment. Get pissed and rip someone’s f#%*ing head off, don’t cry in the locker room. No wonder the product on the field is so pathetic.

The Captain and his Asst coaches will fix the team!

Hook'em

Reactions: freeper
I didn't realize you were a sooner. We aren't better than you guys, thought I was talking to a horn.
How do you know? You won’t play.

I mean I know you’re all giddy for not getting blown out. And I understand your 1-1 record is way better than ours. And I know your loss yesterday was better than our win.

But still.

Last edited:
How do you know? You won’t play.

I mean I know you’re all giddy for not getting blown out. And I understand your 1-1 record is way better than ours. And I know your loss yesterday was better than our win.

But still.
I have eyes. Every win is not the same, neither is every loss. I still think we both win around 7. But our schedules are looking less and less similar.

Yeah, your win against NW High School for the blind was impressive.

And Yeah, we lost a close one at USC last year too. Teams can get up for big games. Big deal.

Good for you. That will help you cope with year 79 in a row without a title.

Exactly, is anyone else sick of the schedule talk? I kind of lost interest after the first twenty times they brought it up. You play in the SEC, good for you, who cares. I know Texas is aggy’s measuring stick and as long as whatever is is better than Texas they’re happy but they’re like a damn annoying little sister who won’t shut up.

You guys are Nebraska South. USED to be good, USED to be elite, but now just a MIDDLE of the pack team in your own league with not much sign of getting better (thank goodness for you guys that Tulsa does not have a kicker). The landscape has changed. On the other hand, there is a lot of buzz about the SEC program in the state among elite high school recruits. Might be time to pop in that tape of Vince and relive the good old days when today's prayers were playing tee ball. You can talk about the one title you have won in the modern era.
Yeah I know that’s your narrative and fervent hope that we’re has beens and your team will actually accomplish something in your lifetime (which they haven’t btw). Wake me up when you do. I remember the excitement when you ran this state and beat Bama that one time. Lulz.

Exactly, is anyone else sick of the schedule talk? I kind of lost interest after the first twenty times they brought it up. You play in the SEC, good for you, who cares. I know Texas is aggy’s measuring stick and as long as whatever is is better than Texas they’re happy but they’re like a damn annoying little sister who won’t shut up.
They have to brag about something. It certainly isn’t anything they do. Hence the coattail riding.

ADVERTISEMENT