ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII bowl prospects not looking good

Michigan beat themselves. TCU did enough to not lose the game.
2 pick 6's
2 self-inflicted failures inside the 5.
That is a 28 point difference right there.
Michigan defense did enough to win the game. Their offense, while they scored a lot, also messed up a little too much.

If they played again, Michigan would rightfully be heavily favored again.

I did not see enough from TCU to say that they can beat Georgia. Only Georgia can beat Georgia in that matchup.
Michigan's defense did enough to win the game?

Are you on dope?

If they played again? Look this ain't the world series.

They were outplayed they trailed the entire game.

They didn't take TCU seriously.

They deserved to lose.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Michigan's defense did enough to win the game?

Are you on dope?

If they played again? Look this ain't the world series.

They were outplayed they trailed the entire game.

They didn't take TCU seriously.

They deserved to lose.

I stand by my statements.
They did deserve to lose because their offense made too many mistakes.
I am not saying the Michigan defense played well. I just said that they did enough.
162 of the 488 yards TCU had were on 2 plays.

You have to look at the whole game. Michigan, overall, played well enough to outscore TCU. They did not play well enough to outscore TCU and cover for their own mistakes.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I stand by my statements.
They did deserve to lose because their offense made too many mistakes.
I am not saying the Michigan defense played well. I just said that they did enough.
162 of the 488 yards TCU had were on 2 plays.

You have to look at the whole game. Michigan, overall, played well enough to outscore TCU. They did not play well enough to outscore TCU and cover for their own mistakes.
Welcome back STRANGER

So the bs call with the no TD with Michigan was their fault too huh?
TCU also have 2 turnovers which led to 11 of Michigan's points.

He was down on the half yard line.

Then they fumbled.

A great team would have scored on the next play.

A little surprised by all the TCU whining when it clearly deserved to win. A team that never recruits as good as UT or OU clearly had better players than both teams at almost every position. Maybe not at RB. Obviously more experienced. And better coached. Both Patterson and Dykes did a great job in recruiting and coaching a bunch of stars. Hope they can beat Ga. Think it will be a close game.

A little surprised by all the TCU whining when it clearly deserved to win. A team that never recruits as good as UT or OU clearly had better players than both teams at almost every position. Maybe not at RB. Obviously more experienced. And better coached. Both Patterson and Dykes did a great job in recruiting and coaching a bunch of stars. Hope they can beat Ga. Think it will be a close game.
Look I'm tired of all the never-ending Big X/SEC/ESPN blather.

All of them are trying to monopolize college fb and getting the teams they want in the playoffs.

But next week TCU has a chance to upset the apple cart and knock them on their pompous asses.

Little ol TCU with their 45,000 seat stadium. Dyk that MI and GA's stadiums are more than double the capacity?

They don't have near the budget that MI and GA have yet here they are.

And TCU, not OK, not TX became the first Big XII team to win a playoff game.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again I'm a Texan born and raised. And as long it's not a&m I want them to win.

I've never pulled for TCU in my life but I did yesterday. And you can bet I'll pull for them next week.

I'll have more to say about the game later.

Reactions: westx and oldhorn2
Look I'm tired of all the never-ending Big X/SEC/ESPN blather.

All of them are trying to monopolize college fb and getting the teams they want in the playoffs.

But next week TCU has a chance to upset the apple cart and knock them on their pompous asses.

Little ol TCU with their 45,000 seat stadium. Dyk that MI and GA's stadiums are more than double the capacity?

They don't have near the budget that MI and GA have yet here they are.

And TCU, not OK, not TX became the first Big XII team to win a playoff game.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again I'm a Texan born and raised. And as long it's not a&m I want them to win.

I've never pulled for TCU in my life but I did yesterday. And you can bet I'll pull for them next week.

I'll have more to say about the game later.
Max Duggan is the difference.

The last 2 bowl games are today.

SC will win easily

And I think Utah will be Penn State.

Keep in mind the Rose Bowl is always a great matchup and an exciting game.

Today should be no different

duggan is dykes' jameis-- tremendous player elevating an otherwise mundane coach. i said it. check back on tcu is 3 years
I have to disagree on this. If TCU wins they will be on the rise.

They have a top 20 class. They have played the transfer portal very well so far.

Who knows maybe they can redeem Tommy Brockemeyer's career.

And now some kids in TX who in the past wouldn't have given TCU the time of day might start paying attention.

TCU winning will save the Big XII conference after TX and OK leave.

They have a top 20 class. They have played the transfer portal very well so far.

And now some kids in TX who in the past wouldn't have given TCU the time of day might start paying attention.

21 of their 22 starters are upperclassmen and 14 of them are seniors I believe. I just don’t seem them replicating this next season. I think they caught lightning in a bottle this year. Not to say they will be a bad team next year. Max Duggan is going to be tough to replace.

They played in way too many 1 possession games this season. That’s all fine and dandy when you have an experienced roster but when you’re breaking in new players some of those 1 possession games are going to go the other way next season.

TCU doesn’t have Texas money obviously, but FW is no slouch for available NIL dollars. TCU will be fine as will Tech.

Reactions: freeper
21 of their 22 starters are upperclassmen and 14 of them are seniors I believe. I just don’t seem them replicating this next season. I think they caught lightning in a bottle this year. Not to say they will be a bad team next year. Max Duggan is going to be tough to replace.

They played in way too many 1 possession games this season. That’s all fine and dandy when you have an experienced roster but when you’re breaking in new players some of those 1 possession games are going to go the other way next season.

They’ll win 6-7 games next year. The question is can Dykes rebuild??

Reactions: Hoookem722

I agree with you they won't do this next year but they could very well be back in year 3.

I'm just throwing this out here I don't have any evidence but maybe the players had tuned Patterson out and they had to make a change.

They have no fans. No budget. No money. But they kicked Lincoln Riley's a**!
Did you notice all the empty seats in the SC section?

Otoh the Tulane section was full.

From what I've read Tulane seems to be the Rice of Louisiana.

I didn't know they moved out of the Superdome. That on campus stadium looks pretty bad.

But hey let em have their moment.

Did you notice all the empty seats in the SC section?

Otoh the Tulane section was full.

From what I've read Tulane seems to be the Rice of Louisiana.

I didn't know they moved out of the Superdome. That on campus stadium looks pretty bad.

But hey let em have their moment.
Tulane might be the best school in Louisiana but it doesn't compare to Rice for scholarship. When I was at UT-Arlington back in the 80's, I had a buddy who was thrown out of Tulane for dealing a white powdery substance.....

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT