ADVERTISEMENT

Blow U is a disgrace to college athletics

I would if I lived up in Norman. Living in Texas, driving that far is a pain in the ass. I hate driving. Less money spent on gas, means more money for even fancier bottled water. So it evens out. Call me Even Steven!!! ;)

And if those links are saying tap water is equal to bottled water....then I challenged you to go drink some tap water out in the Midland/Odessa area. It will change your life....

This is the response you were talking up in another thread like you came up with something???????

Hey, I am not saying tap water is safe everywhere. I am saying that bottled water is often = to tap water and the water companies that bottle it have been legally busted for this fact. You were just bragging because you pay quite a bit extra for it + the plastic/BPA that leaches in to your water.

This is the response you were talking up in another thread like you came up with something???????

Hey, I am not saying tap water is safe everywhere. I am saying that bottled water is often = to tap water and the water companies that bottle it have been legally busted for this fact. You were just bragging because you pay quite a bit extra for it + the plastic/BPA that leaches in to your water.
Well good to see we are making progress. So clearly it's proof I did in fact, come up with something. ;)

I'll never complain about getting to the Final Four. Can't say the same about being bounced in round one by a team no one has heard of. Losing by a margin like that is what happens when one team plays at the top of their game while the other team plays at the bottom of their game. Always sucks to lose, but for THIS team to get to the F4..... it exceeded all expectations. Just like football (yes, the original poster brought it up) a team's body of work over the year and into post season says more than any one game. I know every Texas fan on this thread would rather have had their teams (football and basketball) be one of the final 4 standing in each sport at seasons end. OU did it, which is pretty impressive.

Reactions: BillyRay
I'll never complain about getting to the Final Four...Always sucks to lose...
Missing the point. It's not THAT you lost, it's HOW you lost. The worst beatdown in F4 history. Just like your worst beatdown in BCS history. Worst losses in history on the national stage in the 2 major sports. That is decidedly NOT impressive.

Reactions: jsto60
In the end, OU won it's bracket and made it's fifth F4 in it's history. That is of more significance than the final score of their last game. As a Texas fan, I would expect you to focus on the lop-sided score rather than what this OU team accomplished. A blow-out loss can happen at any point...during the season, playoff, championship, etc...that is the excitement of sport...anything can and will happen. The fact that OU gets to play on "national stages" in multiple sports is what allows me to move on from the size of the loss. Again, I understand why UT fans focus on the margin of the losses....it's an easy target. I know you'd rather have had UT lose big in the F4 than to have been bounced in round 1....but you'll never admit it here.

Of course I'd rather get to the Final 4 than lose in the 1st round. But ou's trend over the past decade and a half is to get to the national stage in the major sports and then completely faceplant. I'd rather not have that. These two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive.

Which scenario is more disturbing to you....getting to the national stage in major sports and face planting...or under-achieving in major sports year after year, where the national stage is just a pipe dream? Honest question. Which scenario would be more embarrassing?

Getting to the national stage over and over and proving you don't belong every time. Time after time. Having the all time worst losses on the national stage in football and basketball. I'd like to get there and win, not get there and suck every time. Hope that helps.

How many national titles do the Sooners have in the big 3 over the last 20 years, things have changed a lot over the last 20 (my freshman year) and Bob has been there for 16 of those so.....................

Fans love winning conference titles and Bob is good at that, he's not so good at winning the big one.

Congrats on the gymnastics program?

Last edited:
well then....you're a fan of the perfect program. You won't have to sweat the chances of flopping on the big stage, because your team will rarely HAVE the stage. Your hatred for OU taints your logic. The point of sport is to compete and win at the highest level, regardless of what program you play/root for. Saying "proving you don't belong" is just a bullish!t phrase intended to make a jab. Of course, OU belonged. They earned the F4 by beating all opponents. It wasn't some name pulled from a hat, lol. OU played poorly against a red hot team and got plowed. You revel in that fact because it's all you can cling too. We both know UT is the ultimate under-achiever in the football and basketball, considering the ridiculous advantages your program enjoys. That fact, is truly more embarrassing than any defeat in a game that is only available to teams that enjoyed elite seasons.

In the end, OU won it's bracket and made it's fifth F4 in it's history. That is of more significance than the final score of their last game. As a Texas fan, I would expect you to focus on the lop-sided score rather than what this OU team accomplished. A blow-out loss can happen at any point...during the season, playoff, championship, etc...that is the excitement of sport...anything can and will happen. The fact that OU gets to play on "national stages" in multiple sports is what allows me to move on from the size of the loss. Again, I understand why UT fans focus on the margin of the losses....it's an easy target. I know you'd rather have had UT lose big in the F4 than to have been bounced in round 1....but you'll never admit it here.

No. Showing up is NOT more impressive than the results of showing up.

Congrats on a nice year. And it ended embarrasingly. With the WORST beatdown in history. That is embarrassing. I understand why you would want to focus on the positive of getting there.....but simply getting to a big game only to get BLOWN out is not something to brag about. You don't brag about losses PERIOD. Much less historic blowouts. That is very aggie of you.

How many national titles do the Sooners have in the big 3 over the last 20 years, things have changed a lot over the last 20 (my freshman year) and Bob has been there for 16 of those so.....................

Fans love winning conference titles and Bob is good at that, he's not so good at winning the big one.

Congrats on the gymnastics program?

could be worse. we could be a program that doesn't even have a chance to compete for titles. that....would truly suck.

Your hatred for OU taints your logic.
Logic. Hmm. From a $ooner. Like when you girls get prison raped on the national stage (yet again) and your immediate reaction is to come over to the Longhorn board and yell at us? Yeah, that's logical. That'll make yet another embarrassment you've perpetrated on the conference better. :D

Saying "proving you don't belong" is just a bullish!t phrase intended to make a jab. Of course, OU belonged.
No. No you don't belong when you get your shit pushed in every time you get there. No you don't.

could be worse. we could be a program that doesn't even have a chance to compete for titles. that....would truly suck.
National titles in all sports over the last 20 years, OU 12, 1 Big 3...Texas 18, 3 Big 3... Texas with 52 National titles in an sports. OU has 31 team titles.

OU is good at winning conference titles, I'll give them that.

No. Showing up is NOT more impressive than the results of showing up.

Congrats on a nice year. And it ended embarrasingly. With the WORST beatdown in history. That is embarrassing. I understand why you would want to focus on the positive of getting there.....but simply getting to a big game only to get BLOWN out is not something to brag about. You don't brag about losses PERIOD. Much less historic blowouts. That is very aggie of you.

you don't read well apparently. No where have I bragged about losses. Ask your new BB coach if getting to the F4 would be something to brag about. I'm sure he feels differently than you. Of course getting blown out sucks, it's embarrassing, etc. However, that does not change the fact that winning your bracket in NCAABB and making the CFP are both impressive accomplishments. What would be "aggie"....would be to talk shit to a program that consistently achieves at higher levels than your team does.

Congrats on getting to the F4. You obviously feel very proud about it. No residual bitterness at all. Maybe try doing something when you get a big shot next time. Haven't done that since 2000.

And I read just fine. I just find bitter, illogical $ooners like you wanting to take out their performance issue frustrations on the Longhorn board funny, that's all. But again, congrats on proving you belong by enduring the worst loss of all time.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Logic. Hmm. From a $ooner. Like when you girls get prison raped on the national stage (yet again) and your immediate reaction is to come over to the Longhorn board and yell at us? Yeah, that's logical. That'll make yet another embarrassment you've perpetrated on the conference better. :D

No. No you don't belong when you get your shit pushed in every time you get there. No you don't.

I'm on this site maybe...MAYBE....every two months or so. Don't lump me in with Sooner fans that are over here starting shit all the time, because I'm not one of them. If it weren't for OU losing big games...there wouldn't be much for horn fans to be happy about, especially during football season.

Congrats on getting to the F4. You obviously feel very proud about it. No residual bitterness at all. Maybe try doing something when you get a big shot next time. Haven't done that since 2000.

And I read just fine. I just find bitter, illogical $ooners like you wanting to take out their performance issue frustrations on the Longhorn board funny, that's all. But again, congrats on proving you belong by enduring the worst loss of all time.

Of course I'm proud that OU won it's bracket and was one of the F4. Not proud they lost by a ton to Nova, but I appreciate what was accomplished during the season and tourney.

you don't read well apparently. No where have I bragged about losses. Ask your new BB coach if getting to the F4 would be something to brag about. I'm sure he feels differently than you. Of course getting blown out sucks, it's embarrassing, etc. However, that does not change the fact that winning your bracket in NCAABB and making the CFP are both impressive accomplishments. What would be "aggie"....would be to talk shit to a program that consistently achieves at higher levels than your team does.
It should prove interesting moving forward. Stoops is the most successful coach OU has ever had versus Texas and he is what 10-7?

If it weren't for OU losing big games...there wouldn't be much for horn fans to be happy about, especially during football season.
You mean besides whipping your ass?

Don't lump me in with Sooner fans that are over here starting shit all the time, because I'm not one of them.
Fine. You're just over here today talking shit to make yourself feel better about getting stomped in a big game, not all the time. Duly noted.

You mean besides whipping your ass?

Fine. You're just over here today talking shit to make yourself feel better about getting stomped in a big game, not all the time. Duly noted.

I felt better about the game....within 24 hours. Again, it sucked to lose..especially in that fashion...but the satisfaction in the overall season/tourny trumped my disappointment for the final game. OU exceeded what I thought possible. You know...the exact opposite of how you feel at the end of every UT football season. That big win in Dallas really propelled your team didn't it?? Nearly made a bowl game!

It should prove interesting moving forward. Stoops is the most successful coach OU has ever had versus Texas and he is what 10-7?
yes, Bob has a winning record against UT....during which time UT had one of it's most successful coaches in Mack Brown. The only intrigue moving forward is if UT will once again challenge for the conference again with Charles or will he continue to provide average results and gets himself fired.

Deflect and change the subject much????

It is what it is. OU has plenty to brag about. Similarly you should also own your failures. Instead of eschewing them and changing the talking point to something you can brag about. Why the little man complex?

Reactions: Scholz
yes, Bob has a winning record against UT....during which time UT had one of it's most successful coaches in Mack Brown. The only intrigue moving forward is if UT will once again challenge for the conference again with Charles or will he continue to provide average results and gets himself fired.
I was thinking more along the lines of, Bob has struggled with Charlie thus far and he's not likely to see it get any easier. Don't be a putz, the last two years have been bad football for Texas and Bob struggled.

I was thinking more along the lines of, Bob has struggled with Charlie so far and he's not likely to see it get any easier. Don't be a putz.

any OU coach will "struggle" with any UT coach, period. If each program is not struggling to win that game...something is very very wrong. Both teams will (should at least) have talent enough to make the game close and to compete for the conference. Anything above a .500 record for either side...should be acceptable (for OU/UT series head to head). Yes, Charlie has played both of his RRR games well, winning one of them. I'd say that OU took UT lightly the last two years based on UT's record's coming into that game. You know and I know that records don't mean much coming in...but 19 year old kids apparently believe otherwise. If the results of last years game were an indication of true coaching/talent...then UT should've won a LOT more games and been in a respectable bowl game. Not saying that to make a jab, but as a matter of fact.

My point was we all know what we'll get with Bob.....lots of wins, conference titles, the WTF bowl game (both wins AND losses) ...and the occasional very big post season win. We don't know what path Charlie will take UT down.

I think we are finally close to seeing that again.
And that is good for the conference and college football. It is not natural for one or both teams to be down. Sucks actually. Too many seasons of the winner being propelled to the big stage and the loser still having a great season and national recognition. Think gladiator battles. That's what every OU-Texas game should be.

Obviously. That's why you're on the Longhorn site at the end of April crying like a girl about it.

No, I'm fine with the outcome of the game. I came here to check in on UT spring results, etc and saw this flame bait of a thread and gave my opinion and viewpoint. I mean, UT calling OU an "embarrassment" is very rich....considering how they have accomplished jack f'ing sh!t in either bball or football in the last several years. UT is supposed to be a national heavy weight and has been a running joke for quite some time now. I come on and here some clown is worried about OU getting blown out in a F4. It's like dude "A" ragging on dude "B's" prom date...meanwhile...dude "A" is sitting at home with his Johnson in his hand, because he couldn't get a date with anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT