ADVERTISEMENT

Bobblehead Wins AP POY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you the passing yardage you quoted. Did that qb win a natty?
No. Lost his undefeated record in a BCS game. Now from a purely statistical standpoint, nobody can touch 5915 total yards from scrimmage and 63 total touchdowns.

That's 455 yards from scrimmage and 4.8 tds per game. Nobody will ever touch those numbers.

No. Lost his undefeated record in a BCS game. Now from a purely statistical standpoint, nobody can touch 5915 total yards from scrimmage and 63 total touchdowns.

That's 455 yards from scrimmage and 4.8 tds per game. Nobody will ever touch those numbers.

Colt Brennan finished 3rd in the 2007 Heisman voting. Isn't that crazy. The greatest QB in college football history finishing 3rd in the Heisman. Imagine all those Tech QBs that have been screwed out of their Heisman's.

Colt Brennan finished 3rd in the 2007 Heisman voting. Isn't that crazy. The greatest QB in college football history finishing 3rd in the Heisman. Imagine all those Tech QBs that have been screwed out of their Heisman's.
how many rushing yards? Again Murray is the best all round college qb of the last 50 years , at least imo

Last edited:
Today, as OU makes history with back to back Heisman winners, one has to ponder: is Kyler Murray, based on stats and records set, the greatest college qb of all time? I say based on that criteria, yes. What say you? And back your argument up, not just because you don’t like the guy.
how many rushing yards? Again Murray is the best all round college qb of the last 50 years , at least imo
Well if that were the case then I think the guy would be playing on Sundays and not even thinking of a career in baseball. Murray had a good year but the best all around quarterback in the last 50 years you say?!?!? I would take my man Vince Young over the midget any day of the week! You are getting a little carried away with that last comment you made

@Belldozer1

You blind? 366 rushing yards and 5 tds.
His passer rating and passer efficiency don't even to compare to Murray's and neither do his rushing stats. All bias aside, who do you want to lead your offense? Not even a hard choice, Murray in a landslide

Well if that were the case then I think the guy would be playing on Sundays and not even thinking of a career in baseball. Murray had a good year but the best all around quarterback in the last 50 years you say?!?!? I would take my man Vince Young over the midget any day of the week! You are getting a little carried away with that last comment you made
Perhaps he will. He's projected first round. That is unless he can't see over his Line in the pros because we all know the Olines in the pros are taller than the ones at the college level, just look at all the problems Mayfield has passing the ball:rolleyes:http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25473653/will-kyler-murray-give-football-oakland-as

Unfortunately, you're going to have to use some stats and not emotions to back up your claim. I said based on stats, darlin'

Unfortunately, you're going to have to use some stats and not emotions to back up your claim. I said based on stats, darlin'
If you are really gonna sit here and say you would take Kyler over Vince then I cannot sit and argue with an idiot all day. There is no stat that can state how valuable to his team Vince was.I’m still laughing at the best overall quarterback in the last 50 years comment too!

His passer rating and passer efficiency don't even to compare to Murray's and neither do his rushing stats. All bias aside, who do you want to lead your offense? Not even a hard choice, Murray in a landslide
Wait bro......
70.6% < 72.6%

That there is called math. In their junior seasons, Brennan had a higher completion rate. Murray rushed for 500 more yards. Brennan threw for 1500 more.

And my not as mobile qb doesn't get broken when he scrambles. He's 6'3 and 220. Not 5'7 and 1/3 and a buck 75.

You put Brennan behind the OU line with the OU talent and speed at WR, and Brennan throws for 70 tds.

If you are really gonna sit here and say you would take Kyler over Vince then I cannot sit and argue with an idiot all day. There is no stat that can state how valuable to his team Vince was.I’m still laughing at the best overall quarterback in the last 50 years comment too!
So....you can provide no stats backing up your position? Got it. Vince was a great qb for Texas, willed his team to a NC.

Wait bro......
70.6% < 72.6%

That there is called math. In their junior seasons, Brennan had a higher completion rate. Murray rushed for 500 more yards. Brennan threw for 1500 more.

And my not as mobile qb doesn't get broken when he scrambles. He's 6'3 and 220. Not 5'7 and 1/3 and a buck 75.

You put Brennan behind the OU line with the OU talent and speed at WR, and Brennan throws for 70 tds.
Well unfortunately, Brennan didn't play for OU and didn't have the stats that Murray does, this ain't hypotheticals, brother. LOL

Well unfortunately, Brennan didn't play for OU and didn't have the stats that Murray does, this ain't hypotheticals, brother. LOL
You are correct. Brennan had better stats. more tds, WAY more yards and a higher completion % by a full two points.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
So....you can provide no stats backing up your position? Got it. Vince was a great qb for Texas, willed his team to a NC.
Go look up the stats yourself you lazy bum! Vince got robbed of the Heisman but won the natty that’s way better at the end of the day than any “stat” you can come up with.

You are correct. Brennan had better stats. more tds, WAY more yards and a higher completion % by a full two points.
Clob, Brennan was a nice little qb and did well considering the competition he played but overall he doesn't compare to Murray. Passing efficiency and lack of rushing yards negate his effectiveness. He went in the 6th round, which says more about the competition he played in college. Apples to apples my friend

Clob, Brennan was a nice little qb and did well considering the competition he played but overall he doesn't compare to Murray. Passing efficiency and lack of rushing yards negate his effectiveness. He went in the 6th round, which says more about the competition he played in college. Apples to apples my friend

Can you give me a list of the only stats that are important, so I can compare apples to apples?

National Championships
Vince Young - 1
Kyler Murray - 0

Lets not forget that Murray has done this against the staunch Power 5 defenses of the Big 12. You know, "Murder's Row" Not to mention, Army, UCLA, and Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Murray looking Heisman-esque. I'm getting a warm fuzzy about his chances tonight.

Lets not forget that Murray has done this against the staunch Power 5 defenses of the Big 12. You know, "Murder's Row" Not to mention, Army, UCLA, and Florida Atlantic.
Don't forget Texas, he couldn't have done it without his Heisman moment in the Big 12 CCG.

Will the Murray family sorriness be a factor?

Grandpa Murray may be flying the swagcopter hovering overhead.

Haskins is either wearing a $60k Rolex, or a $60k Rolex knock off.

Only player ever to win the trophy that could have been a real life model FOR the trophy.

Wow, what a touching ceremony. Even Fowler commented that Murray took the qb position to levels never seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT