ADVERTISEMENT

Can we slow down the Washington……

Washington Huskies fan here. Here's to a no serious injuries game.
Good luck to your team. I hope everyone gets on the flight back to Seattle with nothing more than bumps and bruises that take a few weeks to heal.

Reactions: AlaskaGuy
Congrats to your team in both Oregon games Pennix was there when it mattered most he deserves the Heisman.

Now I understand you've got a live husky as a mascot and I read his name is Dubs. One piece of advice if you plan on bringing him to the Sugar Bowl.

We also have a live mascot his name is Bevo. One piece of advice don't let that dog anywhere near Bevo. He hates dogs watch films of Bevo when we played the Georgia bulldogs a few years ago. You seem like a nice fella so consider yourselves warned 😂
I saw on Twitter how Bevo did that ugly UGA dog. That was funny as h3ll. I lmao.

Washington has a plan for Bevo that includes a quarter horse and lariat.

Bevo1.jpg

I saw on Twitter how Bevo did that ugly UGA dog. That was funny as h3ll. I lmao.

Washington has a plan for Bevo that includes a quarter horse and lariat.

Bevo1.jpg
Hey let’s not resort to being too rough, this is the fanbase that got offended about a horns down symbol

I'm hoping the running backs can step up. I really think that will be critical. JB is just better than the alternatives at this stage. Baxter has flashes but doesn't finish like Brooks. Blue looks explosive. We don't seem to have a between thr tackles guy. Brooks wore teams down and ran over through for those tough 6 to 8 yards repeatedly.
I think Baxter has been fighting through a hip pointer and maybe some other issues. Hopefully some time to get closer to 100% will help.

I think Baxter has been fighting through a hip pointer and maybe some other issues. Hopefully some time to get closer to 100% will help.
he needs a offseason of weight training. Next year him and Brooks will be a dirty combo. Then add Blue on K Robinson plays.

Hey let’s not resort to being too rough, this is the fanbase that got offended about a horns down symbol
The Texas fans never got mad about Horns down you fking inbred moron. The Whole thing started with TEXAS doing a GUNS DOWN to Texas Tech being flagged. We said if youre flagging us for that you have to flag others for horns down. So blame Tech

It will be a tough back and forth game that won't be decided until the 4th qtr. Penix and his WRs (if they are all healthy) have been great at answering the opponent's score (at least in the games I watched). I think Sark is a better coach this year. Sark has even improved intra-year by being more conservative on 4th down by kicking FGs. This paid off, imo, in the last 3 games. I think the key is not turning the ball over. If Quinn doesn't try to force the ball if the play is not there and either throw it away or simply take the sack.

I looked at last year's match up and Texas threw the ball 47 times and only ran it only 18 times (QE had 4 of those carries). That is not a good formula against any team. Box Score:
Passing Yds: Tex 369, Wsh 287
Rushing Yds: Tex 51, Wsh 158
Total Yards: Tex 420, Wsh 445
Penalty Yds: Tex 45, Wsh 45
Turnovers: Tex 0, Wsh 1 (Penix threw an INT)
Time of Poss: Tex 24:14, Wsh 35:46. This stat says a lot

Compared to last year I think Texas's advantages are:
Sark is a better coach
Our OL is much better
Our DL/LB are much better (Overshown didn't play the bowl)
RB crew as a whole much better (Keilan was the feature back in the bowl)
WR are much better: Sanders has matured, Worthy same, AD great addition, JWhitt better due to leadership
Secondary: Texas is above average this year, I'll leave that there.

Reactions: hookem777
Washington Huskies fan here. Here's to a no serious injuries game.
What is the injury report with the Huskies?

We have: 1) our best running back is out for the year. He had a great combination of power and speed and very good receiver out of the backfield. Our two backups aren't too far behind-just different skills and not an all-in-one type like Brooks. One is shifty and fast and the other is power. 2) Our speedy WR has a high ankle sprain (i think) and we don't know if he'll play. Hopefully, the 3 weeks before the game is enough to get him healthy.

We have: 1) our best running back is out for the year. He had a great combination of power and speed and very good receiver out of the backfield. Our two backups aren't too far behind-just different skills and not an all-in-one type like Brooks. One is shifty and fast and the other is power. 2) Our speedy WR has a high ankle sprain (i think) and we don't know if he'll play. Hopefully, the 3 weeks before the game is enough to get him healthy.
Worthy will play, he will be 100 percent. book it

Washington has all their WR's back now ... first time since the fourth game of the season. This gives Penix more targets.

GAird3zaUAAIS1c

Reactions: hookem777
good luck on that. Texas inside 10 yards has speed
Game tape including preparation is going to be a biggy imo. Both teams have solid coaches (Sark has come a long way since he was Washington's HC). I'm curious to see how these teams come out of the blocks after kickoff.

Game tape including preparation is going to be a biggy imo. Both teams have solid coaches (Sark has come a long way since he was Washington's HC). I'm curious to see how these teams come out of the blocks after kickoff.
i think the LOS will be huge in this game.

Sark and Kiffen are masters of the bubble screen. They learned it from one of the best .. Pete Carroll.

Sark and Kiffen are masters of the bubble screen. They learned it from one of the best .. Pete Carroll.
You know they talk about Ohio State's great receivers Harrison and Egbuka are very good.

The horns and the dawgs may have the best receiving quartets in the country. Odunza and Polk and your other guys have great numbers by so do ours. Dyk our 4 had almost 200 catches this year.

I have felt so disappointed thru the years with Texas receivers so many have underachieved. But this time we finally got it right. Hey Alaska I read that Egbuka is from Seattle so you guys have a secret desire to show him up in a bowl game?

You know they talk about Ohio State's great receivers Harrison and Egbuka are very good.

The horns and the dawgs may have the best receiving quartets in the country. Odunza and Polk and your other guys have great numbers by so do ours. Dyk our 4 had almost 200 catches this year.

I have felt so disappointed thru the years with Texas receivers so many have underachieved. But this time we finally got it right. Hey Alaska I read that Egbuka is from Seattle so you guys have a secret desire to show him up in a bowl game?
Losing Ebuka caused hurt feelings amongst a lot of Washington fans but tbh UW is loaded at the WR position. With that said Ohio St. has been picking off the best instate recruits in Washington for close to a decade now.

should be a close game. Offensive numbers over the season (total offense, scoring offense) about the same. Texas D numbers were better. Then saw the Pac 12 offenses the Huskies had to beat: Oregon (twice), Arizona, Oregon State,, etc. Pac 12 offenses, overall, better than Big 12's. Both teams know how to win close games. Should be the best CFP semi finals we have seen in a while.

Reactions: westx and AlaskaGuy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT