ADVERTISEMENT

Can we slow down the Washington……

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
passing attack ? I venture to say will be the best we faced all year by far. I think we will need 38 to beat them . Thoughts ?

In the Alamo bowl last year we held them to 27 points and penix threw for 287 and 2 TD’s, so yeah we can. Keep in mind we played that game without Bijan and Roshon too worthy also had all those drops. He has a better game and we probably win

Wash looks like one of the Mike Leach TT teams with a decent defense. They can sling it around well

If we play our best we can win by two scores, but we can't get into a shootout w these dudes.

You give an offensive mind like Sark a month to prepare he’s gonna have some things up his sleeve. I worry about our safeties a bunch though. We don’t have the guys on the back end to keep up with their WRs. Feel like we are going to have to score 35+.

Reactions: Hookedonit
I'm hoping the running backs can step up. I really think that will be critical. JB is just better than the alternatives at this stage. Baxter has flashes but doesn't finish like Brooks. Blue looks explosive. We don't seem to have a between thr tackles guy. Brooks wore teams down and ran over through for those tough 6 to 8 yards repeatedly.

I'm hoping the running backs can step up. I really think that will be critical. JB is just better than the alternatives at this stage. Baxter has flashes but doesn't finish like Brooks. Blue looks explosive. We don't seem to have a between thr tackles guy. Brooks wore teams down and ran over through for those tough 6 to 8 yards repeatedly.
When Bax runs behind his pads, he's devastatingly effective. He's just not proved if he has that dawg mentality yet. He's incredibly talented. The kid has 600 yards so far on about 10 carries per game. Don't kid yourself- he's going to have to flirt with that 900+ yardage total to get us across the finish line. If he can bust out against Wash and give us a big performance- Washington won't have an answer for him.
He puts 150+ on the Huskies- it's game over.

I'll come with some serious stats next week to show what our game plan will look like.

When Bax runs behind his pads, he's devastatingly effective. He's just not proved if he has that dawg mentality yet. He's incredibly talented. The kid has 600 yards so far on about 10 carries per game. Don't kid yourself- he's going to have to flirt with that 900+ yardage total to get us across the finish line. If he can bust out against Wash and give us a big performance- Washington won't have an answer for him.

I'll come with some serious stats next week to show what our game plan will look like.
You should start a subscription service for $9.99 per month. 😂

Wash looks like one of the Mike Leach TT teams with a decent defense. They can sling it around well

If we play our best we can win by two scores, but we can't get into a shootout w these dudes.
UW’s defense is terrible. They are like 90th in total defense. Texas has played 8 better defenses.

Our secondary concerns me. I’m hoping the front six will be able to rush Penix and put some serious pressure on him; hopefully make him make some bad decisions. He looked pretty good under pressure from Oregon, so we’ll see.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Our secondary concerns me. I’m hoping the front six will be able to rush Penix and put some serious pressure on him; hopefully make him make some bad decisions. He looked pretty good under pressure from Oregon, so we’ll see.
Our safeties run in quicksand.

Their back Johnson is no slouch

Reactions: AlaskaGuy
Narrative - “Texas too much for Wa and Heisman winner Penix. Move on to rematch against Al for championship.”

We need to run run run. Pressure on Penix is a must. But this will be a good one!

Anyone know what happened to Worthy?

One thing to note with the bowl games is that the officiating will be very different for both teams. When you get these out-of-conference crews, you never know if they call every touch a PI or if they allow muggings. An ACC crew and you guys may have 150 yards in penalties with the PIs getting called. An SEC crew, and you'll lock down Washington because nothing but the most blatant PI will be called. Its similar to the challenge the Big12 schools face in the Basketball tourney. Our refs let you play and that's how you play all year, then you get some Big East official in the game who thinks he gets paid by the whistle.

You give an offensive mind like Sark a month to prepare he’s gonna have some things up his sleeve. I worry about our safeties a bunch though. We don’t have the guys on the back end to keep up with their WRs. Feel like we are going to have to score 35+.
You sure about that?giving Sark a month is all that’s needed?

Washington Huskies fan here. Here's to a no serious injuries game.
Congrats to your team in both Oregon games Pennix was there when it mattered most he deserves the Heisman.

Now I understand you've got a live husky as a mascot and I read his name is Dubs. One piece of advice if you plan on bringing him to the Sugar Bowl.

We also have a live mascot his name is Bevo. One piece of advice don't let that dog anywhere near Bevo. He hates dogs watch films of Bevo when we played the Georgia bulldogs a few years ago. You seem like a nice fella so consider yourselves warned 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT