ADVERTISEMENT

Chip: On Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcphaul

Oct 13, 2006
Chip,

Maybe you can repost what wrote about Case last week? A lot big fans of yours red it like you were going out of your way to protect the McCoy name and even mentioned Case's bout with the rare diseaces that Case had ands how has battled thru a lot of issues thru out his life.

To some, that come across as emotion and did not have anything to do with the subject at hand. It simply appeared as a attempt to tug at the heart strings at those that might have questioned Case's antic's. I myself, was suprised at the conviction in your writins.

I look at this way. I saw with my own eyes Case display big time frustration on the field when he sub'd for on the bench when he was being mentored. This has and is causing some of the team to take sides or have a favorite. Ash appears to be quiteting some of those doubters with each start. The coachs thought he would but, have certainly reserved the right to go back on there earlier decision to play only Ash going forward. Is that waffleing? I don't know. It has that smell to me.

Is that pacifying the McCoy's who some have shared with us that they are the ones's that have foreced the issue on Brown to have a fulltime starter. Question I have is did the McCoys try and overplay their hand at that time?

Listen to this. At the time I heard and witnessed Case's behaviour I had questions. Looking at it know, I'm happy to have backup QB that beleives with every bone in his body that he should be on the field , not Ash.

What kind of family would not support thier kid? The McCoys support thier own. Of course they do. We all do. Would we have them any other way? No, their history and kids have spoken volumes. Does this mean Case should start? No but, to them it certaitly played differently than they may thought it would. Is this an indication that Brown has really turned the decision making on QB's over to Harsin.

There really a good story in all that has not aired out corectly and from every fantage point. I hope Case continue to race hell and for some to have his back. Isn't that what teammates do? Hell yes we do.

WE did in HS and we do it at ever level.

For the record, I have supported Harsins call on playing the QB he has and the philosophy he had for making that decision. My god, do any of us really beleive we know better than Harsin on what QB should be on the field at what time?

Let's get it on to nut cutting here.

Moving fast forward Chip. If this offer and commiment of Jalen Overstreet to play QQQQQBBBBBB at The University of Texas isn't an indicatio0n that Case is and will be transfering at the end of the seasothen I am clueles. You as well as many others know I'm never clueless.

We all are really on same side here believe it or not.

Get in front of the real story here. There really is know bad guy or side.

little nervous to touch this (as folks are a bit testy) - but out of respect for one of our more famous posters,

TTT

I could give a rats ass about people feeling testy. I tell all you OB brothers what I hear when I hear it and have always shared my point of view that I recieve and tell you to take with grain of salt.

There is nothing to be afraid with concerning this post. Or we going to be on cutting edge here or our we going to let the OT site run away with the subject?

Lay it out. Let's hear it?
This post was edited on 10/31 10:00 PM by mcphaul

Imaginations run wild on this board.

The McCoys don't tell Mack Brown anything about personel decisions.

and btw, Nobody promised Phil Simms anything other than standard opportunity.

Mcphaul great post.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

we need one of those gifs that screams, "oh shit, this again"

can't anyone find a new subject or BBQ technique to share? Jesus H Christ this site is full of self important drama queens.

Appreciate your thoughts. I think the Overstreet commit has to do with GG leaving, jmo. If I did have to bet, I don't think Case will be here next year.

This is football we're talking about. There is lots of yelling and screaming. Its an emotional game. You don't want kids that don't care and don't want to compete on your team. The McCoys are good people. Let the coaches coach. Much ado about nothing IMO. Obviously, like Mack said there is no clear winner between the two. Ought to be obvious to anyone that is watching.

notthisshitagain.jpg

No,no,no. Much with doing to nothing? When Jalen Overstreet and Conner Brewer is backing up Ash, we are talking about MUCH DO WITH NOTHING.

Again boys, lets lay it out. Lets talk about what we are really facing here. Is not a bad picture too me. Harsin has alot more tools at the QB position than he has ever has before he have.

Remember that!! This cat is going change the QB position on how it is called upon to play a role in the UT offense.

OK so, lets me force feed this subdject a little stronger for those that stepped in front of and tired and move the subject on to that something that I did not call of?

Lets address what we are really facing. Get in front of the story OB's.

Originally posted by mcphaul:
No,no,no. Much with doing to nothing? When Jalen Overstreet and Conner Brewer is backing up Ash, we are talking about MUCH DO WITH NOTHING.

Again boys, lets lay it out. Let's talk about what we are really facing here. It's not a bad picture to me. Harsin has alot more tools at the QB position than he ever has before.

Remember that!! This cat is going change the QB position on how it is called upon to play a role in the UT offense.
Brewer needs to have a stellar spring.

McPhaul, you're a definite asset to the board, but I've got to ask.......what.......in the heck.......are you drinking? There is no way you wrote that sober.
eek.gif

I spend all day speaking to Indians, Russians, and Israelis, so I've got a knack at deciphering English, Engrish, Engish, Lenglish, and everything in between, but I have no clue what on Earth you just tried to say.

I don't totally disagree with you, but I think reading in another QB recruit as an imminent sign of Case leaving isn't necessarily ergo prop...whatever the latin phrase is for one thing leading to another. We have 2 QBs on scholarship. I would think the staff wants that number at 4, especially given the propensity of QBs to transfer when lower on the depth chart.

As for Chip's embellishment on Case and his history, could be a soft spot there, but also could be a writer building drama into a story. Case having had to fight back from adversity makes for a better story. Just like it did with Colt, always being overlooked and under estimated.

Looks to me like it's obvious that Case's tantrum on the sideline of the game (and possibly other issues) has cost him, and he is now in the process of getting back in the good graces of the coaches. He may have even considered transferring in a spat or in an emotional moment, but could have had a cooler head eventually prevail.

Either way, he's the only backup QB left and one injury away from taking over again. The coaches need him, and he likely realizes that the opportunity may still be out there.

When the sideline spat happened, I didn't have as big a problem as some. Case flared up and Mack tamped it down. I like a kid that's got that kind of fire, as long as it doesn't spill over into uncontrollable ego. As I said when it happened, it SEEMED to end there. We didn't see Case yelling at other coaches and players in frustration, Terrell Owens style. Sounds like from other areas that it may have spilled over. At that point it's a problem.

Either way, the writers on OB will likely always err on the side of not pissing off sources when it comes to reporting things that are controversial and keeping the primary goal of keeping the recruiting info flowing. I pretty much assume we rarely ever get the full story. They've said as much at times. It is what it is.

So Long Aus,

What is if I was to tell you that Brewer could not carry Ash's jock?

Just looking at it from a odjectional point of view.

Really don't believe some of you understannd of what we have in David Ash?

I also look for Connor and Jalen to play as true frosh if my perjection on Case's situtation occurs.

Originally posted by ut engr:
little nervous to touch this (as folks are a bit testy) - but out of respect for one of our more famous posters,

TTT

Can someone remind me, is McPhaul a power player? What's his connection to the program? EM is bros w/ Akina, right?

What about Santa Rita? Back in the day he was hailed as an insider. I remember him coming out of retirement to lay it down regarding the WM situation. Never to be heard from again.

124, I think the last thing Chip wants is drama regarding this topic. And you know what, even if Ash turns out to be JOhn Elway, next year is a big mess with Case, but absurd w/o him. I am shocked that GJ Kinne did not beat out Chiles and Kinne. Seriously, it's surreal. If this is the what qb looks like next year:

Ash soph
Brewer true fr
Overstreet true fr
JP Floyd junior

Then we will have issues. We're already looking juco for OL, why not a QB?

My favorite hammered drunk post ever. I even read it with a slur. Can't blame case for moving on after getting passed by a younger player.

Originally posted by mcphaul:
So Long Aus,

What is if I was to tell you that Brewer could not carry Ash's jock?

Just looking at it from a odjectional point of view.

Really don't believe some of you understannd of what we have in David Ash?

I also look for Connor and Jalen to play as true frosh if my perjection on Case's situtation occurs.
I couldn't care less whose jock he could carry. If Case goes and Ash goes down at all we need something back there besides a tackling dummy.

Originally posted by LonghornNYC:
Originally posted by ut engr:

TTT

Can someone remind me, is McPhaul a power player? What's his connection to the program? EM is bros w/ Akina, right?

What about Santa Rita? Back in the day he was hailed as an insider. I remember him coming out of retirement to lay it down regarding the WM situation. Never to be heard from again.
In no particular order I've always paid special attention to: Depock (connected to dub C)
Santa Rita
Giant Baba
Cujo
El Mandingo
Aidensdad
Mcphaul
Shausnters
Elzzup
SLXpress

I may be missing a few.

Whether or not Case is back here next year, we have issues at QB IMO. Ash may ultimately be a good QB, but he sure isn't there yet. I'm not sold on Brewer being the answer, either. Our running game is going to be the strength of this team until a true leader emerges. If we are lucky, Overstreet will give us an option of having a real dual threat QB in 2013. We need numbers at QB, whether or not Case leaves, McPhaul. That is the story IMO and I believe the coaches know that.

Our offensive line and running backs are showing signs of life thats the most inportant issue.BTW I think Case got his bell rung OU game, Macks a smart couch read between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT