Chip: On Case

Discussion in 'Orangebloods.com's Classics' started by mcphaul, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcphaul

mcphaul Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Chip,

Maybe you can repost what wrote about Case last week? A lot big fans of yours red it like you were going out of your way to protect the McCoy name and even mentioned Case's bout with the rare diseaces that Case had ands how has battled thru a lot of issues thru out his life.

To some, that come across as emotion and did not have anything to do with the subject at hand. It simply appeared as a attempt to tug at the heart strings at those that might have questioned Case's antic's. I myself, was suprised at the conviction in your writins.

I look at this way. I saw with my own eyes Case display big time frustration on the field when he sub'd for on the bench when he was being mentored. This has and is causing some of the team to take sides or have a favorite. Ash appears to be quiteting some of those doubters with each start. The coachs thought he would but, have certainly reserved the right to go back on there earlier decision to play only Ash going forward. Is that waffleing? I don't know. It has that smell to me.

Is that pacifying the McCoy's who some have shared with us that they are the ones's that have foreced the issue on Brown to have a fulltime starter. Question I have is did the McCoys try and overplay their hand at that time?

Listen to this. At the time I heard and witnessed Case's behaviour I had questions. Looking at it know, I'm happy to have backup QB that beleives with every bone in his body that he should be on the field , not Ash.

What kind of family would not support thier kid? The McCoys support thier own. Of course they do. We all do. Would we have them any other way? No, their history and kids have spoken volumes. Does this mean Case should start? No but, to them it certaitly played differently than they may thought it would. Is this an indication that Brown has really turned the decision making on QB's over to Harsin.

There really a good story in all that has not aired out corectly and from every fantage point. I hope Case continue to race hell and for some to have his back. Isn't that what teammates do? Hell yes we do.

WE did in HS and we do it at ever level.

For the record, I have supported Harsins call on playing the QB he has and the philosophy he had for making that decision. My god, do any of us really beleive we know better than Harsin on what QB should be on the field at what time?

Let's get it on to nut cutting here.

Moving fast forward Chip. If this offer and commiment of Jalen Overstreet to play QQQQQBBBBBB at The University of Texas isn't an indicatio0n that Case is and will be transfering at the end of the seasothen I am clueles. You as well as many others know I'm never clueless.

We all are really on same side here believe it or not.

Get in front of the real story here. There really is know bad guy or side.

2. ut engr

ut engr Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

little nervous to touch this (as folks are a bit testy) - but out of respect for one of our more famous posters,

TTT

3. Mighty Texas

Mighty Texas Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

4. mcphaul

Expand Collapse

I could give a rats ass about people feeling testy. I tell all you OB brothers what I hear when I hear it and have always shared my point of view that I recieve and tell you to take with grain of salt.

There is nothing to be afraid with concerning this post. Or we going to be on cutting edge here or our we going to let the OT site run away with the subject?

Lay it out. Let's hear it?
    This post was edited on 10/31 10:00 PM by mcphaul

5. Cuatro Perros

Cuatro Perros Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

McPhaul has spoken.
    Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

6. masseybv

masseybv Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

7. 15-14

15-14 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Imaginations run wild on this board.

The McCoys don't tell Mack Brown anything about personel decisions.

and btw, Nobody promised Phil Simms anything other than standard opportunity.

8. mcphaul

Expand Collapse

15-14,

I will agree with every thing you stated.

Now, lets move on.

9. cujo0622

cujo0622 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Mcphaul great post.

10. duqu

duqu pushing your buttons since Jan 2004
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

we need one of those gifs that screams, "oh shit, this again"

can't anyone find a new subject or BBQ technique to share? Jesus H Christ this site is full of self important drama queens.

11. Gaylord_Focker

Gaylord_Focker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Appreciate your thoughts. I think the Overstreet commit has to do with GG leaving, jmo. If I did have to bet, I don't think Case will be here next year.

12. Dos Horns

Dos Horns Two for Texas
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is football we're talking about. There is lots of yelling and screaming. Its an emotional game. You don't want kids that don't care and don't want to compete on your team. The McCoys are good people. Let the coaches coach. Much ado about nothing IMO. Obviously, like Mack said there is no clear winner between the two. Ought to be obvious to anyone that is watching.

13. HornEsch

HornEsch █║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║▌
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

14. earlhorn

earlhorn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You wont be happy untill Case gets another start

15. cochbawls

cochbawls What a time to be alive.
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This will end well.

16. mcphaul

Expand Collapse

No,no,no. Much with doing to nothing? When Jalen Overstreet and Conner Brewer is backing up Ash, we are talking about MUCH DO WITH NOTHING.

Again boys, lets lay it out. Lets talk about what we are really facing here. Is not a bad picture too me. Harsin has alot more tools at the QB position than he has ever has before he have.

Remember that!! This cat is going change the QB position on how it is called upon to play a role in the UT offense.

17. mcphaul

Expand Collapse

OK so, lets me force feed this subdject a little stronger for those that stepped in front of and tired and move the subject on to that something that I did not call of?

Lets address what we are really facing. Get in front of the story OB's.

18. cochbawls

cochbawls What a time to be alive.
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Brewer needs to have a stellar spring.

19. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

McPhaul, you're a definite asset to the board, but I've got to ask.......what.......in the heck.......are you drinking? There is no way you wrote that sober. [​IMG]

I spend all day speaking to Indians, Russians, and Israelis, so I've got a knack at deciphering English, Engrish, Engish, Lenglish, and everything in between, but I have no clue what on Earth you just tried to say.

20. drag worm

drag worm Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Grate poast Mackfaul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.