ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard Arrested

Jay Wright is your first, second and third call. After that, pitino and Sampson. Musselman was on my list last time too, but he's probably fine where he is. Calipari would create a buzz, but the knock on him currently is the knock on jimbo-- his stuff is outdated. After that, I dunno.... I liked hoiberg but seems to be a cap on how far his teams go. There's somebody in forgetting-- oats maybe, but that may have been before Alabama got him.

I AM NOT OKAY WITH RODNEY TERRY! LET'S CUT THAT CRAP NOW!!!
Oh yeah no way in hell Terry is even a remote possibility.

I couldn’t think of the Bama coach’s name, but seeing what he’s done there, hell yeah call him.

Reactions: westx
Oh yeah no way in hell Terry is even a remote possibility.

I couldn’t think of the Bama coach’s name, but seeing what he’s done there, hell yeah call him.
I wouldn’t say that. Like If he wins the conference and makes the sweet 16. You’d have to consider him

Beard is done in the US. He'll be coaching in China next year.

His contract allows Texas to terminate Beard with cause if, “Any conduct (a) that the University administration reasonably determines is clearly unbecoming to a Head Coach and reflects poorly on the University, the Program, or The University of Texas System; or (b) resulting in a criminal charge being brought against Head Coach involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude.”
I've bolded what I believe is relevant.
I hate to fire the guy if he's actually the victim here, but this isn't a question of what I personally want. This is a pragmatic question of what is best for the school. Although I think Texas is probably in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, the path that causes the least damage to the school is to fire him before the DA makes a decision. The question at issue is whether there was a “reasonable determination “ made by the university given the fact that UT performed no independent investigation and relied primarily on publicly available information (police reports, court filings, news reports, etc.).

Jay Wright is out there, and unattached to anything. Call the presser tomorrow, announce him as the coach and excitement will hot a fever pitch. Tell everybody he's assessing until the end of the season (if that's what he wants) and will be the basketball executive in the meantime. Buck stops there

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Jay Wright is out there, and unattached to anything. Call the presser tomorrow, announce him as the coach and excitement will hot a fever pitch. Tell everybody he's assessing until the end of the season (if that's what he wants) and will be the basketball executive in the meantime. Buck stops there
Not enough like buttons for this one.

in regards to Jay Wright let’s not ignore the fact that the guy just retired from a job he literately could of had for the rest of his life. I don’t think he did that just so you could jump back in a year later…. Just keep that in mind.

Another name. Billy Donovan he’s been in the NBA for a bit. Not sure he has interest in coming back to college but make the call.

I wouldn’t be against Terry if we finish the season strong… I’m wait and see on him.

If I were CDC I’d go big game hunting first.
Jay Wright
John Calipari(might be time for he and UK to part ways)

If I couldn’t get a big name.

I’d go Jarome Tang K state
Dennis Gates Missouri
Brad Underwood U of I
Please, please don’t take our Coach Cal. We never had a good basketball team until Cal showed up and we really need him to stay at UK!

Please, please don’t take our Coach Cal. We never had a good basketball team until Cal showed up and we really need him to stay at UK!
Kentucky fans have soured on Cal, but the reality is in the 10 years before Cal you didn’t make the final 4 once. In 13 years under Cal you made the final 4 times won a championship and made the championship game once other time.

Kentucky fans have soured on Cal, but the reality is in the 10 years before Cal you didn’t make the final 4 once. In 13 years under Cal you made the final 4 times won a championship and made the championship game once other time

Can't argue with your first statement as those are facts. Since 2015, UK has had (2) Elite Eight appearances and (1) Sweet 16 appearance. We no longer dominate the SEC and have lost that "fear factor" long ago. I have been a fan since 1969, and have been to many away games (I have lived in GA for 38 years) at GA, Auburn, and non-SEC games in Atlanta, as well as 15 SEC tournaments. Up until 2017, most of our opponents' fans would tell you that they just did not want to get blown out! They were not thinking that they may possibly win. Also, at most of these games, Big Blue Nation would have more fans than the home team. At the SEC tournament, around 60% of the attendees were UK fans and you could not get tickets for a home game. Now Rupp Arena is about 75% full unless it is a high ranked opponent coming in to play. Cal's non-conference schedule is a joke, so we usually come into the New Year with a "great record." Fans are tired of the 1 and done recruits who use UK as a steppingstone to the NBA which is funny since most of these players would have made the league no matter where they went to school. New team most every year and although we are very experienced this year, Cal bellyaches about having a new team. Just need to start over! Neither I nor most UK fans expect SEC or NCAA championships every year, but do expect ultra- competitive teams that, given some breaks, can contend for these championships most years

Well he does have hardware and beat now our ex coach
He does have the hardware. He’s also the only coach to ever lose to a 16 seed as a 1. His style of play can yeild great results, but can lead to upsets like that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT