ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

Arterio Morris will be a one year guy for us next season. I'm calling it right now - he's a sure fire lottery pick in the 2023 NBA draft. That dude is special.

Couple of things. Texas roster is full of 22-23 year old dudes who won’t be here next year, so I’m not sure how “it takes a couple years” makes sense with the roster Beard basically hand picked.

2nd. No it doesn’t take years to have tournament success

Chris Beard made the 2nd round of the tournament In his only year at Little Rock.

he made the elite 8 in his 2nd year at Tech and the final 4 in his 3rd year. It just doesn’t take years in basketball.

like I said the problem isn’t that they are losing to Tech and Baylor on the road. It’s the fact that they weren’t even competitive. They are too good for that
That's on the players, not Chris Beard. The same way Sark was dealt a shit sammich by TH. It's not always the coach. Blaming Beard for the player's timidity is stupid.

That's on the players, not Chris Beard. The same way Sark was dealt a shit sammich by TH. It's not always the coach. Blaming Beard for the player's timidity is stupid.
I don’t blame beard for that at least not totally. I do blame him for the team looking unprepared for some of these games. And I blame him for potentially targeting the wrong players. For example. One of Tech’s best players played for Rodney Terry at Fresno state and UTEP. How do we not get that guy? Lol

I don’t blame beard for that at least not totally. I do blame him for the team looking unprepared for some of these games. And I blame him for potentially targeting the wrong players. For example. One of Tech’s best players played for Rodney Terry at Fresno state and UTEP. How do we not get that guy? Lol
Remember Beard did inherit decent teams at those other locations. He had nothing at Texas.

Escaped with that one. That was a gotta have it game right there. We needed a road win in a bad way

Solid road win against another tournament team. OU has defeated 4 top 15 teams. They've also lost a lot of games to some bad teams so consistency is an issue for them. This win will help our seeding in the tournament.

Big 12 is a gauntlet. A 7-11 conference record will get you in the tournament. Crazy!

Solid road win against another tournament team. OU has defeated 4 top 15 teams. They've also lost a lot of games to some bad teams so consistency is an issue for them. This win will help our seeding in the tournament.

Big 12 is a gauntlet. A 7-11 conference record will get you in the tournament. Crazy!
I’m not sure OU will make the tournament. They only got 4 conference wins and still have to go to Lubbock and to Ames. Can a 6-12 conference recored get you in? I don’t know

They’ve won 6 out of 8 , with the 2 losses being against ranked teams on the road. They beat first place Kansas, and a ranked Tennessee team that just drummed Kentucky by 20. They are ranked in the Top 20. Anyone not impressed with what Chris Beard is doing just doesn’t want to be impressed

Man, almost sounds like a tech home crowd. Heard they had to stop selling tickets to the public because tech fans were buying them up.

Man, almost sounds like a tech home crowd. Heard they had to stop selling tickets to the public because tech fans were buying them up.

Im wondering how many were bought up. I am also curious on how in the hell does tech travel to Austin that well. Is there many or more in Austin?

Good half. This is how the first game should of been. Gotta find someone on offense besides AJ and Ramey

Better find some offense soon or they are going to get run out the gym in the 2nd half. Haven’t scored in 8 mins

Horns are on the verge of getting blown out in the 2nd half. Gotta find some scoring, and fast

Jones and Febres trying hard to keep Texas in the game. 47-44 Tech 8 mins to go

Tech up 54-46 4 mins to go. Just a terrible offensively the 2nd half, and really bad game offensively from everyone not named Jones, Febres or Ramey

Not a great showing. This team is weak inside. No presence. When does the baseball game start?

Going 15 mins of game time only scoring 3 buckets came back to really bite them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT