ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland's New Head Coach

I agree on the quality of current coaching positions concerning NFL vs CFB. I am referring to the future. Watch, Dabo is somewhere on the list and he will decline as well. The future of the NFL is bleak. The future salaries of the average NFL head coach are going to crash. The NFL can't support current expenses with half full stadiums. I give it 1 maybe 2 more years and the Chargers file for bankruptcy. Ultimately, they will not be able to pay players salaries and it's going to get ugly.

The NFL peaked about 3-4 years ago. The tickets and concessions for NFL games are not realistic. They have based ticket prices on corporate deals which have completely written off the average dude.

The start of the demise of the NFL occured in the mid 1990's with free agency. This killed the dynasty team in Pro football and hyper accelerated the boom bust cycle concerning wins. Free agency has insured that most teams are bad far longer than they could possibly be good.

Ah I see. Sorry I missed your point before hand.

I don't think it will be quite as bad as you say 2300, but it will decline. Same with baseball and basketball. You can't keep gouging the average Joe and expect the growth to continue in order to offset rising player salaries. TV contracts have helped more than anything, but attendance in the three big sports will continue to decline if tickets/merch/concessions continues to rise.

The best thing for college sports is they don't have to pay the players.

The money in college football, especially at the blue blood programs is better than the nfl. Jerah doesn't pay squat. I would never leave a blue blood for a NFL gig.... The NFL is swirling the toilet bowl. College teams draw 100k+ fans.... NFL teams are struggling to get 30k to games. See where this is headed.

Not sure where you're getting this. I didn't look it up, but NFL teams are drawing well in excess of 30K fans per game. Most stadiums are sold out every week.

Reactions: freeper
Thanks for looking that up, madcow. That shows that only one team, the Chargers, are drawing under 30K/game at home. The rest of the teams are well above that figure. Myth busted.
LA is too crowded to have the Chargers there and that is the main reason they have such a poor showing. I think also that the fans know they will eventually move so they are not showing up. Some city will be lucky to get them since they are 5-2 right now.

Do this:

Google search:

NFL empty stadiums 2017
NFL empty stadiums 2018
Not trying to be rude here but why are you acting like you have to tell him how to google correct info when You're the one posting articles from 2012?

Uhh..yea, I can read, and the link directed me to a 2012 article. Learn how to link...

Ya, I'm not good at linking general searches with lots of data. Don't think the "attach" link was made for what I was trying to do.

Still, the multiple pictures in the search do not match what the owners are stating. I guess we'll find out in the near future when players demand salary raises and don't get them.

Ya, I'm not good at linking general searches with lots of data. Don't think the "attach" link was made for what I was trying to do.

Still, the multiple pictures in the search do not match what the owners are stating. I guess we'll find out in the near future when players demand salary raises and don't get them.
I was actually surprised to see then numbers for this year. Even though they are low they seem to be doing ok but teams winning will usually put butts in the stadium . The competition between all the media platforms, TV, Satellite Subscriptions, Sat radio, even just using Score Stream had to eventually knock down attendance and like every other pro sport it is expensive to go to.

2018 NFL Tickets: League Prices Down 3% From 2017, But Up 23% Since 2012

https://blog.ticketiq.com/blog/2018/08/2018-nfl-tickets-down-4-percent-but-up-23-percent-since-2012

Only a finger puppet would go to the cowgirls. Jerah is the crypt keeper. He has presided over the death of the Cowboys.
I beg to differ on Jones. The draft classes they have had over the last 5 years have been great. I think the coach and the offensive coordinators are not running the right offense to fit Dak and Zeke.

All I know is on Saturdays I watch football from morning to after midnight. Even if the TV isn't on, I am checking scores and when at the hunting property I am listening to PAC-12 games on Sirius to the wee hours.

If I don't have Red Zone on the tv at home, there is zero NFL on my radar on Sundays. I would rather mow grass or clear brush.

I'd watch still but probably just the Cowboys and Texans games. That's how I do with my Cubs. I just watch their games and get a handle on the rest of the league when they come to Wrigley, etc.

I watch football from 11AM until the last game is over on Saturdays, and from noon until the last game is over on Sundays. Rinse and repeat until football season is over. Horns and Cowboys in my household. We don't do aggy or NFL aggy, but we do root for whoever is playing them, lol.

Reactions: freeper and Scholz
Stoops salary 2016 - $5.55 million
Herman salary 2017 - $5.50 million
Stoops agent was not as sly as Herman’s. I’m sure Stoops could sill get a job in the NFL as a head coach. Cleveland for one. Agent manipulation that’s funny.

Cowboys reportedly weighed firing OC Linehan, have an affinity for Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley as Garrett replacement

Riley's Sooners have one of the most explosive offenses in the country and NFL coaches have been heading to Norman to learn from him over the past few years. He is sure to be one of the hottest coaches on the market, and if the Cowboys do manage to land him, it would actually give them a chance at joining the modern NFL.

Riley is not going to leave OU to be an assistant coach in the NFL. I wish the Cowboys could get him, but I don't see this happening.

ADVERTISEMENT