ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Looks like this school is dangerous to coaches in every sport.
No coach will last due to expectations, guess that's why we have the curb.
It's been awhile and gonna be lounger unless we find and really pay, after all you pay for what you get
Another Saviour about to bite the dust..

Hook'em

Looks like this school is dangerous to coaches in every sport.
No coach will last due to expectations, guess that's why we have the curb.
It's been awhile and gonna be lounger unless we find and really pay, after all you pay for what you get
Another Saviour about to bite the dust..

Hook'em
Well that is a knee-jerk reaction if I have ever seen one. Texas just got pass a baseball coach with a 20 year career, a basketball coach with a 17 year career, and a football coach with a 15 year career at UT.

Well truthfully if you don't win at Texas, you will be gone sooner or later,no matter who you are or what sport you coach..

Hook'em

I'm looking forward to FBH and Ryan eating their words about Herman when he wins big at Texas. And he will win big here.

Maybe, but there is nothing in Tom Herman's background to suggest he will be any better than Charlie Strong. He had a nice advantage this year recruiting against Riley and a lame duck Sumlin. Won't be as easy next year.

Well truthfully if you don't win at Texas, you will be gone sooner or later,no matter who you are or what sport you coach..

Hook'em

Dude, pls stop posting this garbage. SS has had a poor run. TH has done an excellent job considering the attitude adjustments he's has to deal out with this team. Now be a good boy and dial back the meds.

He gets his chances like everyone else did , really I hope that He does start winnings and it works out as another Coach search would really set us back, personally to keep MM off my ass given the benefit that he will be successful, if his coaching background barring the Asst part as a head coach was more than Houston, well it would be different
Dude, pls stop posting this garbage. SS has had a poor run. TH has done an excellent job considering the attitude adjustments he's has to deal out with this team. Now be a good boy and dial back the meds.
That's why he gets the Big Bucks to deal with this stuff, he sure didn't have a good yesterday blowing all that lead and advance to next level, I maybe Have med's but, he doesn't have control of his team, liking someone is different from winning games

Hook'em

"Maybe, but there is nothing in Tom Herman's background to suggest he will be any better than Charlie Strong. He had a nice advantage this year recruiting against Riley and a lame duck Sumlin. Won't be as easy next year."

Maybe.....but he really cant do any worse

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
"Maybe, but there is nothing in Tom Herman's background to suggest he will be any better than Charlie Strong. He had a nice advantage this year recruiting against Riley and a lame duck Sumlin. Won't be as easy next year."

Maybe.....but he really cant do any worse

Agreed. I should have phrased it differently. Should have referred more to the belief that Herman is a superstar. He had some really bad losses at UH in his two years there and some bad losses last year.

Agreed. I should have phrased it differently. Should have referred more to the belief that Herman is a superstar. He had some really bad losses at UH in his two years there and some bad losses last year.

Most of the losses occurred because a FRESHMAN qb made mistakes at the end of the game. The only bad game was Maryland. He corrected the OL mistake by bringing in Herb Hand who is a good OL coach. He's from the $ec afterall......

Most of the losses occurred because a FRESHMAN qb made mistakes at the end of the game. The only bad game was Maryland. He corrected the OL mistake by bringing in Herb Hand who is a good OL coach. He's from the $ec afterall......

Losing to Texas Tech at home was not a bad loss? There can be some gray area, but Tech was really bad and that was at home too. Maybe in Lubbock you would have some case, but in Austin? Sorry.

Maybe, but there is nothing in Tom Herman's background to suggest he will be any better than Charlie Strong. He had a nice advantage this year recruiting against Riley and a lame duck Sumlin. Won't be as easy next year.

Ha. You make it sound like Herman just got lucky and pulled a decent class. That Texas class was HISTORIC. The state has never been dominated like that in modern time. Never. And Herman wasn't just battling OU and one second tier in-state program. He was taking on Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan and any and every other program that has a dick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton #12

Elaborate on the "really bad losses last year" please. And I don't care about your "really bad losses" at Houston. Just give me the texas ones because the wins he had at Houston were mind blowing. Of course he had losses. He was at fricking Houston. (By the way Tom dragged his balls across Jimbo Fisher's face head to head in a NY6 bowl game with a f'n Houston team LOL)

Elaborate on the "really bad losses last year" please. And I don't care about your "really bad losses" at Houston. Just give me the texas ones because the wins he had at Houston were mind blowing. Of course he had losses. He was at fricking Houston. (By the way Tom dragged his balls across Jimbo Fisher's face head to head in a NY6 bowl game with a f'n Houston team LOL)

Keep drinking the orange kool aid.

If your expectations are national championships or even conference ones, there are bound to be a lot of losers out there. Losing schools. Losing coaches.

Just like 99.9999% of brackets are losers.

Keep drinking the orange kool aid.

Why don't you tell everyone about a&m's successes since quitting the Big 12, which they were a .500 team and couldn't compete for conference championships, and joining the $EC, which they're a .500 team and haven't come close to sniffing a conference championship. The rest of the world outside of gomerville must have it all wrong and has missed all of the accomplishments of aggy. Please do enlighten everyone about how successful a&m is. I'll wait...=)roll

Reactions: tlra2
Why don't you tell everyone about a&m's successes since quitting the Big 12, which they were a .500 team and couldn't compete for conference championships, and joining the $EC, which they're a .500 team and haven't come close to sniffing a conference championship. The rest of the world outside of gomerville must have it all wrong and has missed all of the accomplishments of aggy. Please do enlighten everyone about how successful a&m is. I'll wait...=)roll

You change the subject when you can’t argue on the merits! Maybe tell us why Herman is going to be great? I think he was a reach hire.

You change the subject when you can’t argue on the merits! Maybe tell us why Herman is going to be great? I think he was a reach hire.

No, I just find it hysterical that you run over here and flap your gums about Texas, and won't acknowledge how pedestrian that a&m is in everything, and always has been. Pretty weak on your part, but typical of you brainwashed idiots. Win something. Anything. And then talk. You people are all about comparing everything about a&m to your measuring stick/daddy, Texas. In your feeble minds, as long as aggy is "ahead of Texas" in something, that's all that matters. The insecurity and envy towards Texas by aggy is amusing. aggy jokes write themselves. Still waiting to hear about all of a&m's accomplishments.... (((crickets)))

Once again I responded to your assertion that Herman was going to great. No slam in my response. Just facts. You are the one who has gone on the rant. Guess it still hurts that Fisher spurned you guys, you said on here there is NO WAY he goes to A&M... I will give you one more chance to back up with FACTS why Herman is going to be great! I am all ears.

And Fisher who wore his welcome out at FSU wasnt a reach hire? Ten years is a long time.

Once again I responded to your assertion that Herman was going to great. No slam in my response. Just facts. You are the one who has gone on the rant. Guess it still hurts that Fisher spurned you guys, you said on here there is NO WAY he goes to A&M... I will give you one more chance to back up with FACTS why Herman is going to be great! I am all ears.

This is the last time I'm going to explain this to you, sweetheart. YOU'RE the one coming over to a Longhorn site flapping your gums and being derogatory towards Texas with your smartass comments. I don't mind banter back and forth with visiting fans, as long as it is done respectfully, taking into account that this is a Longhorn site.

I don't owe you an explanation about why I feel the way I do about coach Herman, and I'm not going to waste anymore of my time with you. Go post your BS on an aggy board and knock yourself out over there. Try having some perspective of where you're posting. I'll give you a hint, this isn't texaggy. You aren't going to continue your nonsense here.

The reason I think Herman will be a great coach for Texas and end up winning titles is due to being detailed, no BS attitude, CEO mindset and he has done good moving up from his previous coaching stops. No he hasn’t won an NC but he’s young and is willing to do what it takes at the school he’s at to make the necessary changes. We’ll be fine it’s just a matter of patience which fans don’t have since MB was giving us 10+ winning seasons one after another. As for Aggy you guys keep your hopes up because you really reached by paying way too much. I mean LM might have said Jimbo would never go to College Station but we didn’t think you’d sale all y’alls stock to get him.

The reason I think Herman will be a great coach for Texas and end up winning titles is due to being detailed, no BS attitude, CEO mindset and he has done good moving up from his previous coaching stops. No he hasn’t won an NC but he’s young and is willing to do what it takes at the school he’s at to make the necessary changes. We’ll be fine it’s just a matter of patience which fans don’t have since MB was giving us 10+ winning seasons one after another. As for Aggy you guys keep your hopes up because you really reached by paying way too much. I mean LM might have said Jimbo would never go to College Station but we didn’t think you’d sale all y’alls stock to get him.

No doubt 75mm is a lot and we might/probably overpaid. The move to the SEC has been a huge positive cash flow (revenues of over 215 million this year) for us which enables us to do this. A new basketball arena is in the plans already...we have not won the SEC in football yet and it will probably take awhile with Bama, Ga, auburn, Lsu, etc. But we have won the SEC IN basketball and baseball and our national profile is so much better than being in the Big 12.

Last edited:
This is part of your problem at Texas. Fans are already calling for Herman's head after one season! I would at least give him two years. I hope he sucks but I don't see why he will after one year. Nobody wants to pay dues anymore.

Reactions: HornDrummer
This is part of your problem at Texas. Fans are already calling for Herman's head after one season! I would at least give him two years. I hope he sucks but I don't see why he will after one year. Nobody wants to pay dues anymore.
What “fans” are calling for Herman’s head??

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT