ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Burners vs Longhorns Game thread

Virginia is beating Miami. In case anybody was wondering.

Crap...in other news.....Malcolm Young from AC/DC died...
That is a big loss. He was only 64. The article I read said he died peacefully at his home, so I am assuming he had cancer or some kind of chronic illness.

Reactions: freeper
That is a big loss. He was only 64. The article I read said he died peacefully at his home, so I am assuming he had cancer or some kind of chronic illness.

Variety says he was suffering from dementia for some years and that is what got him....

Sam in and two TDs. Shane has played fine but it just feels like Sam has more of the skill set Herman/Beck like. The handling of the QB situation this year has been odd.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Variety says he was suffering from dementia for some years and that is what got him....
Really? Damn. Still, 64yo is super young for dementia. Very uncommon. Hearing loss (which I assume may be a factor due to his profession) can impact and accelerate dementia.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
They’ve both been injured.
Right but both have been healthy the last two games, Shane played most of the snaps last week, Sam came in on goalline. So Shane starts today. Looked good not his fault guys commuted penaties and Burt can’t catch. So he gets benched, and now you can’t really go back to him.

Just an odd deal.

The scramble drill leaves a lot to be desired. Our WRs need to keep moving.

I am telling you guys, Beck better start just handing the ball to our running backs and safe passes to our receivers. Our running backs and receivers are great playmakers. Last few plays, he is putting everything in Sam's hands. Not a good recipe.

I am telling you guys, Beck better start just handing the ball to our running backs and safe passes to our receivers. Our running backs and receivers are great playmakers. Last few plays, he is putting everything in Sam's hands. Not a good recipe.
I agree. Young and Carter look good, lil Jordon has made plays the last few games. Get them the ball. Just because you have a running QB doesn’t mean he has to run.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he wasn’t missed, a la Garrett Gilbert.
Yeah that’s my point. With two QBs coming in, and Sam at least imo a better fit for the coaches system it’s pretty clear he doesn’t really have a future here. There are places he fits just not here with this coaching staff.

Yeah that’s my point. With two QBs coming in, and Sam at least imo a better fit for the coaches system it’s pretty clear he doesn’t really have a future here. There are places he fits just not here with this coaching staff.
Sam is just better period. Texas has 250 first half yards. We are a threat to win the conference with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT