ADVERTISEMENT

D'onta Foreman "needs to grow up" per Texans

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I read Chris Warren III has been cut as well. Seems he showed up to camp out of shape.

That’s some of that entitlement mentality that was around a few years back.

Man, that's very disappointing considering how promising he looked before the injury.
What might have been......

Entitlement seems to be a common theme with the program under every coach at Texas as far back as I can remember. I'm glad Herman is taking steps to remove this mentality from the program.

Reactions: westx and sean1187
It took Bill O'Brien until year 3 to realize that Foreman was lazy. At one point, the had him projected as their starter. I'm from Houston, so the Texans are my team, but if I was Cal McNair, I would fire everyone. Change the name and the color scheme. Hire someone like Bill Polian and tell him that he gets to make all the decisions.

It took Bill O'Brien until year 3 to realize that Foreman was lazy. At one point, the had him projected as their starter. I'm from Houston, so the Texans are my team, but if I was Cal McNair, I would fire everyone. Change the name and the color scheme. Hire someone like Bill Polian and tell him that he gets to make all the decisions.

The Texans have always been a dumpster fire. It starts and stops with the McNairs. They have no idea how to build and run a winning football organization. As long as they own the team, they'll always be mediocre at best. Being a .500 team is the worst position to be in, in pro sports. You're never in position to draft the best players to build your team. It would be better to suck and draft in the top three for a few years and build up talent to put a championship caliber team on the field, than to finish 8-8 or 9-7 every year which the Texans are mired in. They're just a poorly run, awful franchise.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Stopped watching the NFL when the Oilers left Houston, sounds like I made a good decision not jumping back in when the Texans were created.

Reactions: HornsRuleU

The Texans biggest problem is they don't have a strong "middle class." The vast majority of their talent is 1st round picks and free agents they paid top dollar for. They haven't been very successful with those middle round picks. That's critical to building a long term success, continuing to reload with cheaper talent.

The Texans have always been a dumpster fire. It starts and stops with the McNairs. They have no idea how to build and run a winning football organization. As long as they own the team, they'll always be mediocre at best. Being a .500 team is the worst position to be in, in pro sports. You're never in position to draft the best players to build your team. It would be better to suck and draft in the top three for a few years and build up talent to put a championship caliber team on the field, than to finish 8-8 or 9-7 every year which the Texans are mired in. They're just a poorly run, awful franchise.
Very true but to be fair, most teams in the nfl hang out around the .500 mark. Every now and then one of them has something special for a couple seasons to challenge the Pats then it's right back to the middle.
I know most in here are Cowboys fans and will SLAM DOWN THE HAND OF GOD when I mention they have also been bobbing around the middle for quite a while. I think 8 seasons of double digit wins since their last SB in 95? 3 of them in the last 5 yrs so they definitely trended in the right direction recently.
Texans only have 3 double digit seasons since expansion in '02 but I believe they are going to start regressing for a while.
If the answer was easy they'd all be doing it.

Stopped watching the NFL when the Oilers left Houston, sounds like I made a good decision not jumping back in when the Texans were created.
I won’t mention the name but you know one of my neighbors is the once longtime Oilers Astrodome announcer. Nice guy, he’s up there in age but he still does radio commercials and voice over work.

I won’t mention the name but you know one of my neighbors is the once longtime Oilers Astrodome announcer. Nice guy, he’s up there in age but he still does radio commercials and voice over work.
If we're thinking of the same guy then I know where you live, generally. Very nice trailer park there Bell. ;)

Reactions: westx
The Texans biggest problem is they don't have a strong "middle class." The vast majority of their talent is 1st round picks and free agents they paid top dollar for. They haven't been very successful with those middle round picks. That's critical to building a long term success, continuing to reload with cheaper talent.

The problem is that they have never tried to build a quality oline through the draft or free agency. They spend mid round picks and bring in JAGs in free agency. They want to be cheap upfront.

At least I'm not a Cowgirls fan or worse a Houstonian that loves the Cowgirls. They have the worse GM in football.

The problem is that they have never tried to build a quality oline through the draft or free agency. They spend mid round picks and bring in JAGs in free agency. They want to be cheap upfront.

At least I'm not a Cowgirls fan or worse a Houstonian that loves the Cowgirls. They have the worse GM in football.

There are a LOT of Cowboys fans in Houston. Why? Because they were here first, have been very successful, and are Texas' team. That, and the Oilers and Texans have always sucked. No one outside of Houston gives a damn about the Texans. Don't be that typical jealous hater on the Cowboys. Houston fans embarrass themselves with their obsessed hatred of the Cowboys. They talk a lot of sh*t for a team that hasn't ever won anything of significance. And BTW, Jerry Jones is 100x the owner/GM than anything that the Texans had, have, or ever will have.

There are a LOT of Cowboys fans in Houston. Why? Because they were here first, have been very successful, and are Texas' team. That, and the Oilers and Texans have always sucked. No one outside of Houston gives a damn about the Texans. Don't be that typical jealous hater on the Cowboys. Houston fans embarrass themselves with their obsessed hatred of the Cowboys. They talk a lot of sh*t for a team that hasn't ever won anything of significance. And BTW, Jerry Jones is 100x the owner/GM than anything that the Texans had, have, or ever will have.

1. The Oilers and the Cowboys both started in 1960. So there is no excuse for anyone from Houston to be a Cowboy fan. Based on that logic, people from Dallas should be Astros fans.

2. Since 2002, the Texans ( I agree that the Texans are a horribly run organization) are 30 games below .500. Yet, they have won the same number of playoff games and division titles as Dallas.

If you don't think Jerry is a horrible GM, I need to get what you're smoking.

Reactions: tlra2
1. The Oilers and the Cowboys both started in 1960. So there is no excuse for anyone from Houston to be a Cowboy fan. Based on that logic, people from Dallas should be Astros fans.

2. Since 2002, the Texans ( I agree that the Texans are a horribly run organization) are 30 games below .500. Yet, they have won the same number of playoff games and division titles as Dallas.

Your hatred for the Cowboys is clouding your thinking. The Oilers were established in 1960 and played in the AFL for 10 years until the AFL merged with the NFL in 1970. "There is no excuse for anyone from Houston to be a Cowboy fan"? Say what? I guess lots of people didn't get that memo. So according to your flawed logic, anyone living in a given city HAS to be a fan of the home town team? Why? The Dallas Cowboys own the state of Texas. Sorry if that upsets you, but it's true. It's a Texas thing, and the Cowboys have a huge, loyal fanbase, much like Texas does.

I don't get why Texans fans constantly try to compare their team with the Cowboys. There is no rivalry. The Texans rivals should be the Colts, Jags and Titans. The Cowboys rivals are the Giants, Eagles and Redskins. We couldn't care less about the Texans. The teams only play once every four years, so it's hard to have a rivalry playing that infrequently.

The Texans have five playoff appearances and three playoff wins since 2002. In that same time span, the Cowboys have seven playoff appearances and have three playoff wins, yet have one of the best overall playoff records of division championships, playoff wins, conference title game wins and Super Bowl wins (five) in NFL history. The Texans have no history of success. If they did, you can bet you'd be talking about it.

Yes, JJ has made some bad decisions, but since he's turned over most of the control of the draft to Stephen Jones, the Cowboys have drafted exceptionally well, are young and well stocked with talent. I'd take JJ any day over one of the Houston Texans GM clowns. Texans fans talking smack to Cowboys fans is like San Diego Padres fan talking smack to NY Yankees fan. Just stop, dude. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hornsfan722

I had no idea that poor man had fallen on such hard times, we should take up a donation to get him out of that trailer park. ;)

Bro you’re not gonna win this discussion. LMM is a hard core Cowboy fan that hates the Texans and lives in Houston. Also he doesn’t understand that he lives in Houston and there’s passionate Texan fans that can’t stand Cowboy fan because they also talk shit while living here. It’s a two way street but I love it. Would be boring if there wasn’t some shit talking.

Bro you’re not gonna win this discussion. LMM is a hard core Cowboy fan that hates the Texans and lives in Houston. Also he doesn’t understand that he lives in Houston and there’s passionate Texan fans that can’t stand Cowboy fan because they also talk shit while living here. It’s a two way street but I love it. Would be boring if there wasn’t some shit talking.

I'm all for a little smack talk. It's what makes sports fun. Texans fans are a special breed though. They and aggy are one in their same with their obsessed hatred of the Cowboys and Longhorns. Cowboys and Longhorns fans view Texans and aggy fans like the annoying fly that won't go away.

Speaking of our FB players in the NFL did anyone see Holton Hill?

From this video, it definitely looks like a targeting penalty, but did the QB slide late? Was Hill already in movement to hit? Shouldn't have led with his head but I hate when a QB slides late and the defensive player has already committed to a tackle and then ends up aiming at the head instead of the midsection they were originally targeting.

The Cowboys are a world wide brand. The Texans have some fans in Houston.

It is no contest, lol.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The Cowboys are a world wide brand. The Texans have some fans in Houston.

It is no contest, lol.
Never disputed that. I live in Htown and I support my team. So when a Houstonian is running their pie hole about Cowboys this and that you have to expect to get some jawing right back you’re not in Arlington. Believe me we know you think the cowboys are a better y’all never shut up about it even when y’all have a bad season.

I do the same with Arlington Ranger fan that lives here too.

Last edited:
Never disputed that. I live in Htown and I support my team. So when a Houstonian is running their pie hole about Cowboys this and that you have to expect to get some jawing right back you’re not in Arlington. Believe me we know you think the cowboys are a better y’all never shut up about it even when y’all have a bad season.

I do the same with Arlington Ranger fan that lives here too.

My only point was that it is a well known fact that the Cowboys are a world wide brand. They’re one of the top 5 franchises in the entire world. It has nothing to do with me being a Cow fan. It’s been a shitty 20 years. It is what it is. But the Cowboys have fans everywhere.

Reactions: HornsUp37
It was a meaningless preseason game, but NFL aggy went down hard last night. Honestly, I couldn't care less if the Cowboys go 0-4 in preseason games. It's about finding out who your players are and staying healthy to get ready for the regular season. It was good to shut them up though. At least we don't have to hear Texans fans flapping their gums, as this was their Super Bowl.

Reactions: HornsUp37
Your hatred for the Cowboys is clouding your thinking. The Oilers were established in 1960 and played in the AFL for 10 years until the AFL merged with the NFL in 1970. "There is no excuse for anyone from Houston to be a Cowboy fan"? The Oilers moved to Nashville. Just like the Dallas Texans moved to KC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT