ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Any reasons for panic?)

I thought Identity and 1408 should be up there.

Fat Man and Little Boy should be too although maybe his role isn't major enough in that one.

Of course, what all that translates to can't be answered until September and October, but it's hard to nitpick much of what Ewers has done throughout the off-season.
Ewers is doing everything you want a second-year QB to do.

4 pages into this week's 10TFTW thread and >95% of the comments are about the Cusack Top 10 movies list. Good grief!
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Reactions: YodelingHorn
Good write-up, Ketch.

Will be fun to see who emerges and takes the baton. I'm betting it will be Baxter after a few more months in the weight room and settling in.

I really feel like Murphy will hit the portal before summer. 2 reasons - 1) he's about to get buried on the depth chart, which means fewer and fewer reps/opportunities to get better, 2) I'm not convinced this will be Quinn's final season at Texas.

That said, we're much improved over last year and last year wasn't so bad -- agreed?

I think this is where the young bucks will pounce next season, likely in back-up roles, but they will make their marks.

With the exception of Wright, my first response regarding the other 3 was "Who's that?"

Bottom-line: It's so nice to read practice reports that reveal the critical importance of having depth at nearly every position. It's been too long since we've enjoyed this level of internal competition. Hook'em

a. I think you might be right about Baxter.

b. I think Murphy stays. Manning is the starter in 2024, one way or another.

c. Yes, on the OL.

d. I think the coaches want those spots to open up with those four, but those dudes don't want to leave.

e. There's still not depth everywhere.

Reactions: YodelingHorn
Not even a little.
Nope, not a big fan. I've seen it enough to have a firm opinion. ;)
One Crazy Summer was Savage Steve Holland's attempt to follow up on the success he created with Better Off Dead. It failed. Nobody quotes One Crazy Summer but just about everyone within the right age range at least knows the two dollar quote (if not multiple more lines from that movie).

Also, I know he had a minor role in it but Sixteen Candles is another all-time great.

Good War Room
I would think everyone know Ketch loves the Phillies
Good Cusick list on Runaway jury the book by John Grisham was great movie was just ok the Grifters was great but the ending knocks it down for me Con Air would be number 1 for me everytime i come across it on a channel i watch it

Reactions: Ketchum
7. Serendipity

If I had a man-card, you guys would take it away from me if I admitted how many times I've watched this movie over the years on cable.
As a guy who has called on your man card before, I have to say I also love this movie. I don't know if it's the plot as much as it's a love for a whimsical Kate Beckinsale, but something about Serendipity works for me.

Smack talk during the game OK
After a game, not so much
Seems like the perfect time to talk trash. You literally backed it up. There’s always a respect level to it. But don’t talk trash to me then try to limit when I can talk trash back to you after I actually beat you.

One Crazy Summer was Savage Steve Holland's attempt to follow up on the success he created with Better Off Dead. It failed. Nobody quotes One Crazy Summer but just about everyone within the right age range at least knows the two dollar quote (if not multiple more lines from that movie).

Also, I know he had a minor role in it but Sixteen Candles is another all-time great.
200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT