ADVERTISEMENT

Dream team staff for Sark.

Seeing as though they hired a Safeties and a DB coach I’d be somewhat surprised if it’s ash

Clob, get on this call and let us know how it goes.

From Bobby Burton:

Sarkisian will host a private Zoom call at 10am this morning with all former Texas football lettermen.

The call is expected to last an hour or so. Lettermen were notified by email yesterday and asked to participate as well as RSVP for the event.
Sorry boys. Was on a flight to Cabo. Got back yesterday. I will find out what I can.

Ain't no harm in drilling no matter if there is oil or not............as long as the landscape is right ;)

I'd love to hear what he said to former players. The man seems to be doing all the right things right now. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: freeper
Wife and I were supposed to go to Cabo last week..........but work got in the way...........

I'm no expert on this but all the smoke and talk is around 3 guys:

1. Will Muschamp
2. Arnett
3. Raheem Morris

I assume at this point with the hires that have been done Sarkisian knows who his DC is. Muschamp is waiting on his buyout and I think SC is dragging its feet as Muschamp was rumored to as a DC for Texas. Arnett interviewed at LSU and was rumored to be taking the job as a DC but his buyout is pretty hefty and apparently he comes with baggage. Not sure what kind of baggage but he has some baggage. Raheem Morris I do not know much about him. The only thing I know is he worked with Sarkisian in the NFL when he was in Atlanta. I think its Muschamp that is going to be the DC for Texas but SC is dragging its feet. Does anyone know if SC has a time limit on providing a buyout to the former coach. Just reading between the lines Muschamp had to say no publicly so SC would not drag its feet but they are. Arnett is a hard no because he runs the 3-3-5 and that will not work here and majority of Texas high schools run 4-3-4. I may be off with that assumption of Texas high schools but we want to keep talent not lose it due to a scheme we run on defense. Raheem dont know much about him and if he brings the firework hire that Texas needs on defense to pull recruits. Clob or someone please school me on buyout information for former coaches.

Sorry boys. Was on a flight to Cabo. Got back yesterday. I will find out what I can.
Things you missed:

We have a new coach. He is bring Charlie Strong back with him, oh wait, not Charlie, but Muschamp (maybe).
Texas is no longer part of the United States, because well, we are no longer united, and Texas is Texas.
Learn to grow your own veggies.
Stranger is trying to swap a Shiner for Bitcoin.
Tommie boy had some possible side action. She ranged from a 7 to an 11, depending on your hotness algorithm.
Mens hoops is ranked #4--all due to a new Shaka hairdo.

Did I miss anything?

Things you missed:

We have a new coach. He is bring Charlie Strong back with him, oh wait, not Charlie, but Muschamp (maybe).
Texas is no longer part of the United States, because well, we are no longer united, and Texas is Texas.
Learn to grow your own veggies.
Stranger is trying to swap a Shiner for Bitcoin.
Tommie boy had some possible side action. She ranged from a 7 to an 11, depending on your hotness algorithm.
Mens hoops is ranked #4--all due to a new Shaka hairdo.

Did I miss anything?
I'd like to trade one share of ETHE for a Fang Fang.

• Haha
Reactions: DrinkToIt
Guys, during discussion, please use first and last names for coaches and players so that there is no confusion. Thanks.

Lots of smoke about Lanning. Trouble is that Saban is really after him as well. I wonder how at this stage of our past 10 years of sucking how we could pry a guy away from UGA whils Saban is trying to do the same?

If we get this guy it will indicate to me that we have re entered the big time....

I have it on good authority that Sark was given an unlimited budget to assemble his staff and in the first week he exceeded it....

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Any word on Bryan Carrington? Is he going to be retained?

Last edited:
A high school classmate of mine played who now is a successful high school coach played college ball with Lanning. Lanning has made quite the career for himself in a short period of time.

Trouble is that Saban is really after him as well. I wonder how at this stage of our past 10 years of sucking how we could pry a guy away from UGA whils Saban is trying to do the same?

Dinero and being self made would be two reasons. However, if you take on a position with Saban, to learn fist hand from the master, that is an elite apprenticeship that will be permanently inked on the resumè.

Last edited:
Lots of smoke about Lanning. Trouble is that Saban is really after him as well. I wonder how at this stage of our past 10 years of sucking how we could pry a guy away from UGA whils Saban is trying to do the same?

If we get this guy it will indicate to me that we have re entered the big time....
I would think since he is working for Smart now Texas would be more appealing than Bama because under sark Lanning will be in charge of the defense. At GA and Bama Saban and Smart are always going to have their hands in the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT