ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell, is Dillon mobile at all? I ask because in recent years OU and its success has relied heavily on the legs of a mobile QB to make off schedule plays. If he is not, I don't see it working out very well.
He can move at least as well as Mayfield did. He's not a running qb.

Well, at least he’s a foot taller than Cryler Murray.
yeah he's taller than 5'8" but I think we've all learned height doesn't make a whole lot of difference at the college level. I remember vividly on this board being told how Mayfield and Murray won't be successful in college, "they won't be able to see over their Oline" lol. Didn't seem to cause too many problems for them, especially with dedicated throwing lanes. Roster says 5'11" 204lbs

Last edited:
Nobody said he would win the Heisman for sure this year, I said if he did, then it would obviously change his draft status etc.
The number of suicides in mobilhoma this year is gonna be yuge. BV is a clown. They ran him off once, it's going to happen again.

Reactions: Hoookem722
He's not mobile at all from what I have seen from him. He's really small in size as well. Like 5'8 and 185 pounds.
And what is your assessment of Ewers from a running standpoint? LOL Guarantee Gabriel is more mobile than he is. May want to have him work on that speed before the 2nd weekend of CFB, I hear Will Anderson is nasty

I think you’re gonna be surprised at how quick you Lincoln, dearly.

We all thought Muschamp would be a great head coach as well. Didn’t work out. Keep drinking the kool-aid, though.
I think Lebby will do a good job, he's had a productive offense. Venables has had a pretty good defense.

And what is your assessment of Ewers from a running standpoint? LOL Guarantee Gabriel is more mobile than he is. May want to have him work on that speed before the 2nd weekend of CFB, I hear Will Anderson is nasty
Wait. You said Card would start the first 2 games. How's his speed compared to Dillon's? ;)

Wait. You said Card would start the first 2 games. How's his speed compared to Dillon's? ;)
About the same probably? I think Ewers is your starter I just wasn't sure if Sark would run him out there for the Bama wolves or wait until the 3rd game having not really played much. The way it sounds like it's playing out is Ewers may be the starter from the 1st game forward? Which tells me if he's not totally picking up the offense then Sark will adjust the offense for him. I guess the scrimmages will tell more. Here's the issue, with the raid on the Trump compound garnering my attention I haven't had as much time as I would like breaking down game film. If Biden would act right I could give better FB insight

Last edited:
About the same probably? I think Ewers is your starter I just wasn't sure if Sark would run him out there for the Bama wolves or wait until the 3rd game having not really played much. The way it sounds like it's playing out is Ewers may be the starter from the 1st game forward? Which tells me if he's not totally picking up the offense then Sark will adjust the offense for him. I guess the scrimmages will tell more
Sark put freshman Card out on the road at Arkansas. Sure that's not bama but I don't think sark is worried about "throwing him to the wolves."

Reactions: Belldozer1
Sark put freshman Card out on the road at Arkansas. Sure that's not bama but I don't think sark is worried about "throwing him to the wolves."
I like Ewers, think he has a heck of an arm, also like those hair highlights. I read somewhere he had grown out a beard and highlighted it too? Not sure if true but if so we may have a Boz Lite on our hands without all the accolades though.

It’s pretty concerning that he hasn’t picked up on the playbook by now. I have heard Sark’s offense is pretty complex though. He better get his nose in that playbook if he wants to become a great QB. You won’t find many really good QBs that aren’t avid students of the game.
Sounds like the boosters should have put a mandatory study clause in Ewers NIL package?

He doesn't have Saban to lean on anymore. His mistakes can mount pretty quickly and make him think twice, since it is all on him as the HC. I think trotting a freshman out there will weigh heavily on him (as it should).

He doesn't have Saban to lean on anymore. His mistakes can mount pretty quickly and make him think twice, since it is all on him as the HC. I think trotting a freshman out there will weigh heavily on him (as it should).
Not if you're smart enough to play to your freshman. If he's got the Big play factor then play to his strengths. Lots of Rpo heavy run game and play action. 2 reads only. Until he gets it between the ears.

Reactions: weevilcatch
We have no other choice than to play a freshman be it Ewers or Murphy. Card is not going to cut it. People talk about AR or ISU but he put us in a hole against KS that we couldn't get out of. I'll be surprised if Murphy isn't backup by the first game.

We have no other choice than to play a freshman be it Ewers or Murphy. Card is not going to cut it. People talk about AR or ISU but he put us in a hole against KS that we couldn't get out of. I'll be surprised if Murphy isn't backup by the first game.
Card’s last game of the year in West Virginia he played pretty damn good. Now he might not be good enough to cut it but he played nowhere near enough to truly say he can’t cut it. It’s crazy how everyone forgets how much VY and Colt struggled when they were young. They just always had elite defenses to cover up their deficiencies. Colt threw like 20 interceptions as a sophomore and had some fumbles lost as well. VY got shutout his sophomore year against OU.

I think you’re gonna be surprised at how quick you miss Lincoln, dearly.

We all thought Muschamp would be a great head coach as well. Didn’t work out. Keep drinking the kool-aid, though.
Well, did you think Mack was a great HC, you like what you’re seeing with Sark? Both were coordinators. I think it’s ok for OU fans to be hopeful, for each Muschamp and Strong there’s a Brown and Stoops, Hall of Fame coaches btw

Well, did you think Mack was a great HC, you like what you’re seeing with Sark? Both were coordinators. I think it’s ok for OU fans to be hopeful, for each Muschamp and Strong there’s a Brown and Stoops, Hall of Fame coaches btw
And for each Brown and Stoops there’s a Gibbs, Schellenberger, or John Blake. There’s a reason the turnover rate for coaches every year is near 20%.

We saw what Card can do as a rs freshman behind an unbelievably bad OL. He is now a 21 year old rs sophomore. Doesn’t make sense to me to put in an 18 /19 yo who has not been tested in D1. All you have seen is highlights of them coming from a tradtionally good stacked high school. I am not against playing freshman, but only if they have clearly out worked and beaten out the upperclassman in practice. The maturity and experience of the upperclaasman has value. If they are indiatinguishable in practice, you gotta go with experience, imo. I know the other school of thought is to go with the youner guy if equal, but I didn’t believe in it when Strong implemented that and don’t believe in it now. I don’t think it is a dumb idea, I just simply disagree in that philosophy.

Reactions: freeper
And for each Brown and Stoops there’s a Gibbs, Schellenberger, or John Blake. There’s a reason the turnover rate for coaches every year is near 20%.
Well I mean we could lump your coach in there after that stellar season he had last year but we're not right? Why is that? I'll tell you why, I actually think he's a pretty good coach but that's judging off his success as a Coordinator so....

Well I mean we could lump your coach in there after that stellar season he had last year but we're not right? Why is that? I'll tell you why, I actually think he's a pretty good coach but that's judging off his success as a Coordinator so....
I think Sark is a pretty good coach that has taken over 3 programs that were at absolute rock bottom. Washington was 0-12 the year prior to his arrival. The 2 years after he left USC they won 10 and 11 games and those were all Sark’s recruits essentially. Our program has been in shambles for 10+ years now.

I’m not ready to buy into him as being the next great coach here but I do feel like he’s got something brewing. It reminds me of when Mack took over and started recruiting elite talent year after year.

His overall record is 51-42. It’s not great but it’s not terrible considering the circumstances of the programs he has taken over.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT