ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on Sam

guapo3B5B15D-1.jpg
\

Hook'em

Last edited:
Reactions: westx and Scholz
At least Shane got some real-time snaps which is better than sitting on the bench, might need him agin, hope not! Herman should put him in if the games going good last quarter to save Sam's arm

Hook'em

Reactions: westx and elder3068
At least Shane got some real-time snaps which is better than sitting on the bench, might need him agin, hope not! Herman should put him in if the games going good last quarter to save Sam's arm

Hook'em

Yes. TH should put him in to hand the ball off and ruin a year of eligibility for the kid. Or put Shane in there to pass a few when Sam is in a rhythm just in case he gets hurt. That way, if the “if” happens then we’ll be prepared. Freaking genius

Yes. TH should put him in to hand the ball off and ruin a year of eligibility for the kid. Or put Shane in there to pass a few when Sam is in a rhythm just in case he gets hurt. That way, if the “if” happens then we’ll be prepared. Freaking genius

Well, the way that ya'll ragging on the boy, shit, he's doomed anyway saying he's not good enough or he don't have this or that..well, hell I know we will suit your ass up to go take snaps if Sam don't last...freakin genius...

Hook'em

Well, the way that ya'll ragging on the boy, shit, he's doomed anyway saying he's not good enough or he don't have this or that..well, hell I know we will suit your ass up to go take snaps if Sam don't last...freakin genius...

Hook'em

That doesn’t make sense FB. I never said I should suit up. You throwing that in there is a head scratcher really. Serves no purpose

Over two years and 95% of a game against a inferior opponent, Shane has not shown the ability to get it done. That’s not my fault. I have zero confidence in him. Again, not my fault. Maybe his next game is the one he finally figures it out, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Also, it made zero sense to bring Shane in at any point this year. None, anywhere at anytime...no matter how much you want to think TH “should’ve had a plan B.”

That doesn’t make sense FB. I never said I should suit up. You throwing that in there is a head scratcher really. Serves no purpose

Over two years and 95% of a game against a inferior opponent, Shane has not shown the ability to get it done. That’s not my fault. I have zero confidence in him. Again, not my fault. Maybe his next game is the one he finally figures it out, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Also, it made zero sense to bring Shane in at any point this year. None, anywhere at anytime...no matter how much you want to think TH “should’ve had a plan B.”

He should have! He was thinking like MB and putting all his beans in one pile, we all know what happen there , What if Sam gets hurt again? Who ya gonna call? Ghost Busters?

Hook'em

Last edited:
He should have! He was thinking like MB and putting all his beans in one pile, we all know what happen there , like I said if you could do better than Shane in that situation then suit up and do it and you can get in there and pass the ball...all it boils down to is " Give the boy a chance, you can't be 100% siting on the pine a long time

It looks like he's a MB clone! Look at everything and get back to me on that weev!

Hook'em

When? When was a good time? Shane had had chances...lots of them. What has he ever done to make you think he can get it done?

I’ll take A Mack Brown. I’ll take 10 wins a year and chances at NCs.

Why you hate a guy that won a NC at Texas is beyond me.

When? When was a good time? Shane had had chances...lots of them. What has he ever done to make you think he can get it done?

I’ll take A Mack Brown. I’ll take 10 wins a year and chances at NCs.

Why you hate a guy that won a NC at Texas is beyond me.

Cause he lost the last chance to do it again by stupidity, in not going into a Natty Game with one QB and when he lost then the program went to shit, the first one was perfect, what happen? What would of happen if VY had got hurt the last quarter? No more on MB , getting tired of this shit weev, he was a perfect coach until he wasn't..

Hook'em

Cause he lost the last chance to do it again by stupidity, in not going into a Natty Game with one QB and when he lost then the program went to shit, the first one was perfect, what happen? What would of happen if VY had got hurt the last quarter? No more on MB , getting tired of this shit weev, he was a perfect coach until he wasn't..

Hook'em

Smh.

If VY gets hurt we don’t ****ing win FB. Lol, why don’t you get that?

Texas was down 24-21 with the ball and a chance to win with a backup QB. The same kid that threw 2 TDS in that game. If not for a very unlucky bounce and late defensive score for Bama that kid might’ve led Texas to a ship. There is no plan B when you’re in the national title game and your all world QB goes down. I’ll state that again...THERE IS NO PLAN B FOR THAT FB.

Your overreacting of the situation doesn’t mean you’re right. In fact, you’re quite off base on this.

And I’m still waiting for you to tell me when a good time would be to bring in Shane? A few mop up hand off duties to burn a year for him?

You ever think that Shane was held out in case Sam did go down in a game or two and Shane could still keep his redshirt? That ever cross your mind? Doubtful

Smh.

If VY gets hurt we don’t ****ing win FB. Lol, why don’t you get that?

Texas was down 24-21 with the ball and a chance to win with a backup QB. The same kid that threw 2 TDS in that game. If not for a very unlucky bounce and late defensive score for Bama that kid might’ve led Texas to a ship. There is no plan B when you’re in the national title game and your all world QB goes down. I’ll state that again...THERE IS NO PLAN B FOR THAT FB.

Your overreacting of the situation doesn’t mean you’re right. In fact, you’re quite off base on this.

And I’m still waiting for you to tell me when a good time would be to bring in Shane? A few mop up hand off duties to burn a year for him?

You ever think that Shane was held out in case Sam did go down in a game or two and Shane could still keep his redshirt? That ever cross your mind? Doubtful

There's always a plan B if ya are a good planner or do you think that Navy seals and the other secret guys don't have a plan B when they do their missions? If ya wanna win you gotta have one before hand or before you go and do it, i believe ya call it a "What If" , nowadays

Hook'em

FB, here we go again with your stupid, uninformed and unwarranted Mack Brown bashing. When are you ever going to get it? :rolleyes:

I would never call you Stupid MM! or disrespect you in that manner

Nope Nope, Mr weev started this stuff! I just said Herman shoulda had a plan B, you always busting my balls about MB and Herman, I quit Strong, you don't like Strong , so I quit, but, you like Brown and Herman, so how can I win, if you ever stop quick , weev gonna have shit on his face..LOL

Hook'em

Last edited:
There's always a plan B if ya are a good planner or do you think that Navy seals and the other secret guys don't have a plan B when they do their missions? If ya wanna win you gotta have one before hand or before you go and do it, i believe ya call it a "What If" , nowadays

Hook'em

No, there is no Plan B when your all world QB goes down in the 1st quarter of the national title game. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

I’m not sure what point you thought you were making with the SEALs, lol. If they’re killed in action there is no plan B for that mission.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I would never call you Stupid MM! or disrespect you in that manner

Nope Nope, Mr weev started this stuff! I just said Herman shoulda had a plan B, you always busting my balls about MB and Herman, I quit Strong, you don't like Strong , so I quit, but, you like Brown and Herman, so how can I win, if you ever stop quick , weev gonna have shit on his face..LOL

Hook'em

And I asked for you to tell me a good time to bring Shane in before now. Hell, I even presented a viable option as what THs plan B might’ve been.

You have done nothing other than say Mack wasn’t great because he didn’t have a plan B for Colt going down in the title game.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
That's enough weev, let it go! already got my ass in trouble with the boss! No more MB or Herman..I'm done with talking about them..

Hook'em

To be fair, Mack even said that the blame for not having a prepared backup was on him. However, it's completely f*ckin' stupid to compare Mack with Tom Herman now. Mack had been here over 10 years, of course he should've had QBs lined up. Herman just f*cking got here, and has already recruited three stud QBs including Roschon. Wtf is supposed to do, shit a decent veteran backup? Tha f*ck outta here with that stupid shit.

To be fair, Mack even said that the blame for not having a prepared backup was on him. However, it's completely f*ckin' stupid to compare Mack with Tom Herman now. Mack had been here over 10 years, of course he should've had QBs lined up. Herman just f*cking got here, and has already recruited three stud QBs including Roschon. Wtf is supposed to do, shit a decent veteran backup? Tha f*ck outta here with that stupid shit.

Of course Mack will say that. He’s a stand up guy. However, in truth there is nothing you can do (even if you think you have a plan B) if you lose your best player in the last game of the year. Are we to think practice time should be spent on the what if in one game? How much time if so? You get very little practice time to begin with. And if the “what if” doesn’t happen you have empty practice minutes that meant nothing.

Now, not having enough quality depth on the roster via recruiting at any position and a season falling to shit is another thing all together. That would be on the coach. But blaming the coach for losing your best player in the last game and not having as good a backup ready to go is just plain idiotic.

Of course Mack will say that. He’s a stand up guy. However, in truth there is nothing you can do (even if you think you have a plan B) if you lose your best player in the last game of the year. Are we to think practice time should be spent on the what if in one game? How much time if so? You get very little practice time to begin with. And if the “what if” doesn’t happen you have empty practice minutes that meant nothing.

Now, not having enough quality depth on the roster via recruiting at any position and a season falling to shit is another thing all together. That would be on the coach. But blaming the coach for losing your best player in the last game and not having as good a backup ready to go is just plain idiotic.

Whoa. I didn't blame Mack for losing Colt, or not having Gilbert prepared. I'm just saying coming off a national championship, BCS bowl win, and 10 win seasons year in year out, should never have to rely on a true freshman as the backup. No excuse for that. We should've had juniors and sophomores lined up behind Colt, and they naturally would've been better prepared than a true freshman.

Whoa. I didn't blame Mack for losing Colt, or not having Gilbert prepared. I'm just saying coming off a national championship, BCS bowl win, and 10 win seasons year in year out, should never have to rely on a true freshman as the backup. No excuse for that. We should've had juniors and sophomores lined up behind Colt, and they naturally would've been better prepared than a true freshman.

I know metcalf.

Reactions: Metcalf #2

Hook'em

MB is a legend. Anyone who says else is A not a true Texas fan and B a moron... Sorry for the blunt truth but i call it how I see it..

Coach plays two QBs. Fans bitch to pick one.

The one QB gets hurt. Fans bitch that the coach didn’t have a plan B.

I’m constantly puzzled at this phenomenon of stupidity

Well, it's a conundrum. In the perfect world, you jump on someone by 24 points in the first half and then let you back up have a couple of series at the end of the 3rd or in the 4th when the game look in hand. Problem is, we really haven't dominated teams the way we should have, and we haven't been able to get those situations. Yes, your back up qb should always get some quality snaps. Heck, even your 3rd or 4th qb getting snaps would be nice. We just haven't put ourself in a position to make this possible.

MB is a legend. Anyone who says else is A not a true Texas fan and B a moron... Sorry for the blunt truth but i call it how I see it..

You couldn't see shit if someone didn't give some to ya!@ Sorry for the blunt truth but i call it how I see it.

Hook'em

Well, it's a conundrum. In the perfect world, you jump on someone by 24 points in the first half and then let you back up have a couple of series at the end of the 3rd or in the 4th when the game look in hand. Problem is, we really haven't dominated teams the way we should have, and we haven't been able to get those situations. Yes, your back up qb should always get some quality snaps. Heck, even your 3rd or 4th qb getting snaps would be nice. We just haven't put ourself in a position to make this possible.

I can’t point to a time in all the 30 years of watching football where the 3rd or 4th string got anything other than a handoff or taking a knee.

That said, I think the idea of red shirting a QB just for the sake of doing so is a bit overrated. If the kid can play, and you think they cam play then put them in and let em go! Chances are, if they’re as good as you hope then they’re gone after their junior year anyway.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I can’t point to a time in all the 30 years of watching football where the 3rd or 4th string got anything other than a handoff or taking a knee.

That said, I think the idea of red shirting a QB just for the sake of doing so is a bit overrated. If the kid can play, and you think they cam play then put them in and let em go! Chances are, if they’re as good as you hope then they’re gone after their junior year anyway.
Why ruin a whole year of eligibility for a kid if you don’t have too. I think it’s good for them to sit and learn for a year and mature a little bit. Unless we really have to put one in then I see no point.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT