ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on Sam

Why ruin a whole year of eligibility for a kid if you don’t have too. I think it’s good for them to sit and learn for a year and mature a little bit. Unless we really have to put one in then I see no point.

Did you not read what the hell I said?

If the freshman can play and you think he is good enough then play him. Redshirting him just so he can leave as a RS Junior doesn’t make much sense. Especially since having a capable backup is a high necessity. Plus you get up to four games. Seems a no brained to me. If you don’t think he is ready or have a capable backup then let him sit.

I’m glad we didn’t take this approach with Sterns and Foster.

Why ruin a whole year of eligibility for a kid if you don’t have too. I think it’s good for them to sit and learn for a year and mature a little bit. Unless we really have to put one in then I see no point.

It was done in History in Ft Worth for 1 or 2 plays against TCU..

Be cool Horns , next thing ya know weev will think ya stupid

Hook'em

It was done in History in Ft Worth for 1 or 2 plays against TCU..

Be cool Horns , next thing ya know weev will think ya stupid

Hook'em

Yes, I think it is stupid to bitch about not having a back up ready while at the same time bitch about burning someone’s redshirt. That doesn’t make a damn bit of sense. Im puzzl d as to why you struggle to grasp that concept.

And no, I don’t think you’re stupid FB...sheesh

I can’t point to a time in all the 30 years of watching football where the 3rd or 4th string got anything other than a handoff or taking a knee.

That said, I think the idea of red shirting a QB just for the sake of doing so is a bit overrated. If the kid can play, and you think they cam play then put them in and let em go! Chances are, if they’re as good as you hope then they’re gone after their junior year anyway.

Donny Wiginton says hi

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
My math tells me 30 years ago was 1988. Did he have a kid I didn’t know about or something that came in as a 4th stringer slinging the rock around?

Donnie Wigginton is a former football player who started as quarterback for the Texas Longhorns in the early 1970s. Though a quarterback, he is best known for one single catch when, as a holder, he snagged a bad snap on the game winning extra-point in the so-called "Game of the Century" versus Arkansas. His hold, and the kick, were good and Texas went on to win the National Championship. He later became a football coach at rival Texas A&M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Wigginton

Hook'em

Great news! Wondering if Herman just didn't want to risk further injuring Sam and figured Shane could win against Baylor. Or it's just possible that arm was dead at the time. BYE WEEK!!!

My math tells me 30 years ago was 1988. Did he have a kid I didn’t know about or something that came in as a 4th stringer slinging the rock around?

Weevil, I was not disputing your math skills. I was just responding to your comment. Fact is, your point is well taken....3rd and 4th string havnt factored in much here. I was just looking back to the DKR heydays when we would build such a lead that our 3rd string guy often played the entire 4th quarter.

It hasnt happened to us, but was it K State last year that lost all their QB's and had to play most of the last half with a WR running the wildcat......and damned near beat us?

Donnie Wigginton is a former football player who started as quarterback for the Texas Longhorns in the early 1970s. Though a quarterback, he is best known for one single catch when, as a holder, he snagged a bad snap on the game winning extra-point in the so-called "Game of the Century" versus Arkansas. His hold, and the kick, were good and Texas went on to win the National Championship. He later became a football coach at rival Texas A&M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Wigginton

Hook'em

I know who he is. What I didn't understand is why he was brought up. Dude played 8 years before I was born, therefore wouldn't fit in the time frame I mentioned.

Weevil, I was not disputing your math skills. I was just responding to your comment. Fact is, your point is well taken....3rd and 4th string havnt factored in much here. I was just looking back to the DKR heydays when we would build such a lead that our 3rd string guy often played the entire 4th quarter.

It hasnt happened to us, but was it K State last year that lost all their QB's and had to play most of the last half with a WR running the wildcat......and damned near beat us?

And that was done out of necessity. Snyder didn't give early game reps, or even practice reps to the 3rd and 4th string because he thought he might have to play them via injury.

I never said don't recruit 4-5 quality QBs for your roster in case you lose a few. What I said was no coach anywhere at any level is giving significant reps to a 3rd and 4th string QB in a game or in practice...nor should they.

Can anyone stay on point in here? Good gracious.

Its just a bad day for ya weev, a cold front just blew in!

mongo_zpsb95a5081.jpg

Hook'em

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
You posters ragging on Shane are horrible. He should have transferred if the fans can’t appreciate their own players. He just won the game coach weevil. Get over it and support your team. Whiners are losers!

Where did I not support my team?

Stating that I don't have confidence a player will get it done doesn't mean I won't support said player.

Question bud. You ever lack confidence in something you support Moses?

I take it, you didn't have a single negative word to say about Mike Stoops through the years coach moses?

I offered a solution to what I perceive as the problem. I even offered a solution to the question if TH had a plan B. How in the world is that "whining?" It is only whining if you complain and then don't offer an alternative.

Oh yeah...almost forgot...OU sucks! 48-45

Reactions: Scholz
You posters ragging on Shane are horrible. He should have transferred if the fans can’t appreciate their own players. He just won the game coach weevil. Get over it and support your team. Whiners are losers!

Good thing Mike Stoops is getting a promotion.

Reactions: Scholz
And that was done out of necessity. Snyder didn't give early game reps, or even practice reps to the 3rd and 4th string because he thought he might have to play them via injury.

I never said don't recruit 4-5 quality QBs for your roster in case you lose a few. What I said was no coach anywhere at any level is giving significant reps to a 3rd and 4th string QB in a game or in practice...nor should they.

Can anyone stay on point in here? Good gracious.

WTF Weevel?...I said I agreed with you and you still didnt like it?

We have become a bunch of testy sumbitches around here. You see what 8 years of misery does? Finally off to our best start since 2009, and we're at each other's throats. Hate to meet you f*ckers at a bar right about now. Lol

'Calf, great post. That said, not sure where you live, but I'll gladly meet you somewhere for a drink one of these days.

The only one I know personally is “crazypatsguy”. He rarely posts anything. If anyone lives in the Golden Triangle I’d gladly have some beers and catch a game.

ADVERTISEMENT