ADVERTISEMENT

Got some Bad News My Dudes

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Before you start asking...... I ain't saying sh!t. So don't bother.

Had a chin wag this morning and I was told that there are members of the BOR that have dug their heels in and refuse to fire charlie until his 5 years are up. Like, they are DEMANDING that he be given his full 5 years to coach.

I was told that there are BOR members literally pitching a fit about him being let go........ this could be a long offseason.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
To be honest unless you can tell me someone like Harbaugh is going to replace him I'm fine with him coming back at least next season. Besides him there is littersrly no one out there that we could hire today that we won't be able to hire this time next year.

That said we will see how the next couple weeks go. A blow out against TCU could change some things. Or even god forbid a loss against KU

Interesting Clob....I wonder what is their thoughts about wanting to keep him for his full 5. Seems like we are a joke right now and not heading in the right direction anytime soon.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
What Clob is not telling us is that in fact, HE is a BMD and and has great influence with the BOR.....shhhh....you didnt hear it here

We have become accustom to losing. What difference does it make? I shouldn't be surprised. $$ > winning. We had 96k people at Saturday's game.

He's probably just as good as we could get now anyway, he got good team rapport and that would go away with someone else coaching, I think we get him surrounded with some damn good coaches he will start to jell

Hook'em
Are you suggesting more coordinator changes? Is Strong looking to bring in a DC or continue calling it himself?

Are you suggesting more coordinator changes? Is Strong looking to bring in a DC or continue calling it himself?
Bring in Akina for the Secondary and maybe hire a D coach , Akina would get the job done,MB brought in a D coach so why not Strong?

Hook'em

Before you start asking...... I ain't saying sh!t. So don't bother.

Had a chin wag this morning and I was told that there are members of the BOR that have dug their heels in and refuse to fire charlie until his 5 years are up. Like, they are DEMANDING that he be given his full 5 years to coach.

I was told that there are BOR members literally pitching a fit about him being let go........ this could be a long offseason.
Do you think the current protesting and uprisings in Austin are dictating the BOR making a decision or at least considering the repurcussions of firing Strong ? I

Do you think the current protesting and uprisings in Austin are dictating the BOR making a decision or at least considering the repurcussions of firing Strong ? I
I don't thing one is directly related to the other but if I had to guess, I would say that members of the BOR that are digging their heels in are doing so for social reasons other than basing it on emperical data.

We don't need Herman he can't beat smu. Bill Cowher would be my choice.
Bill cowher is done coaching.

I've said time and again the only two coaches that can turn this puppy around post haste. Saban ain't leaving, Meyer ain't leaving and Jim loves what he's doing at michigan. (I would not want to be a michigan player next week....... he's going to torture them).

Reactions: hookem3434
So if Herman is hired by USC like some are saying. We are going to find out pretty quick if we made the right move.

Dude, the SC Trojans beat the 4th ranked Washington Huskies last night. And they looked good doing it. And they did it on the road. And they have a new ad to go with their new hc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT