ADVERTISEMENT

Has the state of Texas ever been dominated like that?

Why do you think someone/anyone would be elated?
I could be wrong, but I would think you would love playing in the ACC or Pac 12 just for the teams you would get to play. You would have much better home games and your money would be greater moving forward. If you like the ties to the Big 12 and are great where you are, then my bad. I just think when you look at a schedule and see at least 4-5 big games every year, you would enjoy that. Even when you guys are good again, you won't sell out for TCU no matter how good they are.

We’re not going anywhere. We make our own conference. We don’t have to rely on good teams in our conference to feel good about ourselves like some lessers.
It's not if...it's when. Again, I get defending your conference, but if you get excited for Iowa St, Kansas, Baylor, Tech, West Virginia, and TCU then more power to you. Enjoy! You sell out your stadium for any of those teams no matter how good you are.

There is no rush. We are part of a conference, not just a lone gun. When the change takes place, I'm sure we will act with our friends within the conference. Likely this splits on state lines, politics and all.... The Big 12 is at a disadvantage geographically and demographically at least in the north. Unless agriculture and the commodity universe goes to the moon and the midwest gets an influx of tv sets, the Big 12 may be in trouble. Fact is that we did not bail on our friends. Texas A&M went begging to the SEC and showed no loyalty. Pretty sad IMO.
Loyalty I will disagree. This is a business and the best thing for A&M was to move. If any of you are offered more money to go on to another better job, most of you are taking it.

I could be wrong, but I would think you would love playing in the ACC or Pac 12 just for the teams you would get to play. You would have much better home games and your money would be greater moving forward. If you like the ties to the Big 12 and are great where you are, then my bad. I just think when you look at a schedule and see at least 4-5 big games every year, you would enjoy that. Even when you guys are good again, you won't sell out for TCU no matter how good they are.

That's just not true.

It's not if...it's when. Again, I get defending your conference, but if you get excited for Iowa St, Kansas, Baylor, Tech, West Virginia, and TCU then more power to you. Enjoy! You sell out your stadium for any of those teams no matter how good you are.

Now you are contradicting yourself.

Doesn't matter where/what conference you are in......i think it wont be long where a Super Conference is formed. Where top tier teams will leave their current conference and spurn the NCAA. This would favor both TEXAS and AtM.......TEXAS would move to this new SuperConference and AtM would battle Arkansas, S Carolina,Mississippi schools for top dog in SEC.....because Florda,LSU,Bama and Georgia would be gone to this Super Conference.

I love how they say, "why would we want to be in the Big 12 playing Kansas, Iowa St, and Baylor when we can play Alabama, LSU, and Florida (once every 5 years)". It's never "why would we want to play two of college football's seven blue bloods in Texas and OU every single year when we can play Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss. St?"

If we wont sell out against TCU....How does aTm do attendance wise against Vanderbilt and Kentucky? Nobody knows how they will do against Georgia since they apparently have only been in the secsecsec 6 years which isnt long enough to get around to them.

Not to mention their half empty stadium when they're playing their multiple high school teams every year in the absolutely pitiful OOC schedule they've created.

i was at the south carolina game. it may or may not have been an official sell-out. but if it was, a lllllottt of those people came dressed as empty seats

Reactions: Scholz
We didn't play Vanderbilt or Kentucky last year. I still say the price of tickets is starting to price people out a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT