ADVERTISEMENT

Has the state of Texas ever been dominated like that?

those 5-6 good teams were Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, K-State, sometimes Colorado, sometimes Tech, sometimes Mizzou, even Kansas had a really good team in there.

know who never was on that list? Baylor. but you know who else? ohhh, you know

It used to be a great conference with back when there were 5-6 pretty good teams. As it has stood for the past several years, it has been the worst of the Power 5 conferences. The conference certainly needs Texas to be good to increase the draw of the conference. No one cares if TCU is good nationally. They don't care if Baylor, K-State, OSU or any other of those teams are good. They don't have a national brand. You have Texas and OU which are great brands, but you have to play teams that the country doesn't care about which gives it a bad name no matter how good you are. OU and Texas both need to jump ship and head to greener pastures and I think both schools would benefit tremendously.

You agroloids live in an alternate reality.

Reactions: Scholz
I wish they had a way to give actual butts in the seats attendence at KO..then again at beginning of.....2nd quarter...and beginning of 4th quarter

No financial benefit but it might show the tendencies of different fanbases....do they show up late?....do they leave early?....do they come at all?.....That way all of us couch sittin', smack talkin' know nothings would really have something to spout off about on these message boards.

TCU in particular is shameless about this. I watch some of their home games and you can tell that little ol 45,000 seat stadium of theirs is half full. Than I see the box score the next day and it says they had a sell out.

There are about 6 families that contribute a lot of money to TCU and not just athletics. The Richardson, Bass, and Moncrief's are three of them. And these families buy all the unsold tickets which is why they can say they had a sell out.

You know their stadium is as old as ours but they've had no more than a dozen "real" sell outs in that stadium. I wish there was a way to make them the truth about just how many of those fans went to their games.

It used to be a great conference with back when there were 5-6 pretty good teams. As it has stood for the past several years, it has been the worst of the Power 5 conferences. The conference certainly needs Texas to be good to increase the draw of the conference. No one cares if TCU is good nationally. They don't care if Baylor, K-State, OSU or any other of those teams are good. They don't have a national brand. You have Texas and OU which are great brands, but you have to play teams that the country doesn't care about which gives it a bad name no matter how good you are. OU and Texas both need to jump ship and head to greener pastures and I think both schools would benefit tremendously.

Well the nation may not care if TCU is any good but people in Texas have noticed that TCU is better than a&m. There is no doubt that the a&m for TCU trade worked out a lot better for the Big XII than it did for the SEC. They got into a P5 bowl game a&m hasn't.

And the Big XII has made a lot of strides. There are 4 promising young coaches in the Big XII who are capable of doing great things at their schools. And even though OK lost their playoff game the Big XII had a solid bowl season. At the end of the season The Big XII finished third among the P5 conferences. We were ahead of the Pac XII and the ACC.

One last thing I got the impression that our new ad doesn't want to leave the Big XII.

Now what else do you want to talk about?

But back to the point. Kansas State, a middling member of "the worst of the Power 5 conferences" beat the Aggies. Yes, that was 2 years ago, so lets go to more recent history - Wake Forest scored 55 on the Aggies. I don't disagree that UT and OU are the leaders of the conference, and we need both to be good. But I've got news for you - the nation may not care if "Baylor, K-State, OSU or any of those teams are good" - but likewise the nation does not care if Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miss, Miss.St., Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, or .... the Aggies are any good.

Dave, I understand your disdain for texas and rightly so. I too would feel the sting of disappointment if for the vast majority of my life, I had to look but a scant 95 miles away from my school and see another school that I considered to be a rival, continually one up me, without even necessarily trying to do so. I've said this before, manufacturing a "rivalry" with someone that's not really a "rival" is what aggy has tried to do with texas since the 40s. While some of our fans took the bait, those of us with a succinct understanding of history and facts never swallowed the hook. I'll give you a perfect example:

Texas Tech was always a step or two down the ladder of success when compared to aggy. Techsters looked up and realized if they could manufacture hatred amongst tech fans and aggy fans, a rivalry could be born. They sought not to climb to your level (a rung or two up the ladder) but instead sought to bring you down to theirs. They succeeded..... in masterful fashion. Aggy took the bait and the rivalry culminated with an all out brawl where aggy fans tore down a goal post and ended up ramming it into the stands and accidently into the faces of very, very prominent aggy boosters. You sunk to their level. They won.

For years, aggy has tried for years to bait Texas into just this scenario...... but you've failed miserably. 75-37-5, by any stretch of the imagination, is not a rivalry. That is an owning. That is orange a$$ owning marroon a$$.

A true rivalry is when two team, over a looooong period of time, have similar win loss records. (see texas v ou, mich v Ohio St, auburn v alabama)

So, in short, I feel your frustrations and I empathize with your disdain and I understand (to a degree) what it's like to be second fiddle. I also understand the negative feelings of nostalgia when your fan based moved away from one/two superior teams into a new conference where you yet again have one/two superior teams. It's like the worst groundhog day ever! Of course we secretly feel badly for you, but when you open your mouth and incredibly idiotic verse and scripture fly out of it, the rest of us stop feeling bad for you.

In short, you are who you are. And the faster you realize this, the more comfortable you will be in your own skin and the more at peace you will be with your place in the world.
Didn’t read.

I'm laughing so fvcking hard I've actually screwed up two posts.

I dunno Clob....you used some pretty big words in there. Perhaps what he meant was he couldnt understand. Next time type slower.

Liar. You read every word of it. You can't help with your obsession of any and everything burnt orange. Texas owns your ass. :D

It only took him over 24 hours to reply to it. He probably started reading it as soon as clob posted it. Finished reading just in time for dinner last night. Fell asleep trying to figure out how to respond. Woke up in cold sweat today still thinking about it, and finally this all his tiny mind could come up with.

Can't be too hard on him, though. He had a lot on his mind. He was also trying to figure out why even aggys had a problem with his "We won the SEC in football..." statement.

I hate that mentality. It reeks of 75 year old men who only want to remember the good old days, and reject modern day reality. If TCU won three of the next four Big 12 Championship, three CFP playoff games, and a National Championship, they wouldn’t be recognized
as legit because they weren’t good in the 1950’s? The Big 12 would still be down because the two teams who were good back in the day are down? Absolute silliness.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Robo, yeah I finally decided to log in again.

Clob, you know I didn't mean GP. Lol

Cali, I do not miss GDDH. Yes I do love this DB class. So much I can't figure out who my favorite is. Could easily end up the best secondary we've ever had. All of them are very physical, which means TH is getting his type of players.

I think Davis is primed for a big year, and he should hold down his corner, but guys like Boyd and Jones better step it up, or they'll be watching these freshmen play.

Sterns, Foster, Cook, Green, and Jamison, every single one has the potential to come in and take over a spot immediately. I love Overshown, too, and would love to see a 6'4" bruiser of a safety back there, but I think Sterns and Foster are just too damn good. I think Overshown ends up being another Drew Kelson, but even better.

I don't know maybe some of these db's will outgrow their position and then we can move them to a lb spot.

Yeah Metcalf...Welcome back. I have been mis spelling coaches names for over a year now. Your guidance has been missed.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Thanks MM, good to see you still moderating.

Oldhorn, I can't even remember who's name you misspelled now. Lol

BBR, you've known me since what, 2001? You know I get bored and step away from the keyboard from time to time. :)

Your last NC was closers to Abraham Lincolns death so let that sink in. The only win streak you had was when you cheated. So don't come here trying to tell us you expectations are higher in Collie Station. Even with our bad seasons kids prefer us over the aggie sheep f**kers. Collie station is so desperate they locked down a coach that went 7-6 for 75 mil guaranteed for 10 years. Nice...
Very few aggies alive today have watched aggsy play for or win a NC in football. They'd have to be at least 85 years old. Let that sink in. WOW!

I am not trying to flame but lately you have not defined anything except low expectations. We have been extremely mediocre at best but you have been worse, even though your expectations may be higher and you are supposed to be the flagship.
Everybody has down years, that's just part of football. You, being an aggie should know that better than anybody as many down years as you've had.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Very few aggies alive today have watched aggsy play for or win a NC in football. They'd have to be at least 85 years old. Let that sink in. WOW!
My parents (long dead) went to the aggy game in 1940 when the longhorns ended that streak. 6-0 if I remember correctly. Muddy field, one play where the receiver got behind the secondary, it was over.

Reactions: hookem3434

And that "national championship" has an asterisk by it. What, like eight teams claimed the NC in 1939? :rolleyes:

And to use aggy's logic, that NC doesn't count anyway since it didn't happen in the modern era, nor when they were alive to see it.

Reactions: hookem3434
ADVERTISEMENT