ADVERTISEMENT

Has the state of Texas ever been dominated like that?

Expecataions are higher in College Station? Your grandparents were not even alive the last time you pukes played in a National Championship let alone won one. Who the fck is this guy?
Just to clarify, the Aggies have never played in a National Championship game of any kind.

Here we go again with the conference chest bumping from aggy. Dude YOUR SCHOOL is exactly what they were in the B12 and now in the sec sec sec. Medicore! Makes NO difference where you go it's the same results. Win an NC or just get into one then come here and speak about expectations. Your team hasn't added ANYTHING to the sec. So just stop!

Aggy conference record in the sec sec sec
2017 4-4
2016 4-4
2015 4-4
2014 3-5
2013 4-4
2012 6-2

And the out of conference scheduling in that timeframe for aggy has been downright PATHETIC.

didn't say A&M defined the SEC like the poster I responded to did regarding the Big 12

But Texas and OU have defined the B12 and A&M has never defined ANY conference. Period. Saying other wise is just dumb.

You'll never hear Alabama say we get to play teams like aggy and that's why we picked this conference. It's the other way around. Just like when TCU and WV came on board they wanted to play teams like UT and ousux.

Your last NC was closers to Abraham Lincolns death so let that sink in. The only win streak you had was when you cheated. So don't come here trying to tell us you expectations are higher in Collie Station. Even with our bad seasons kids prefer us over the aggie sheep f**kers. Collie station is so desperate they locked down a coach that went 7-6 for 75 mil guaranteed for 10 years. Nice...
Not the good ones... Eight 1st Round NFL draft picks from Texas A&M since the 2012 draft. How many from tu?

And that’s playing for a coach who had no clue how to develop talent.

I'll say it again. The difference between Texas and Aggy is simple..... University of Texas defines their conference and Texas Aggy is defined by their conference. This has been true since the dawn of time. They speak about other Teams successes to prop themselves up. They believe the success of those other Teams somehow reflects positively on them even though they have won nothing. This is a loser mentality or little brother syndrome that is used when you have an empty trophy case..Pathetic as usual..
That’s an interesting take, and there is probably some truth to it... probably why the Big XII - 4 + 2 is in such bad shape. Weird thing is, you still can’t sniff a conference championship since you designed it the way you want it... Lol.

And that’s playing for a coach who had no clue how to develop talent.

Had no clue on how to win in the sec that's for damn sure. Great glad you can hang your hat on to something because we know it's not winning in the B12 and now sec sec sec.

Dude, put down the pipe. aggy hasn't won anything of significance in forever, and you have the stones to run over here and puff your chest out like a&m is some power? aggy is nothing more than a conduit for the $EC to expand into the Texas market. You guys aren't competitive in the $EC and are being used, but you don't want to admit it. Get back to us when you win something. Until then, STFU.
At least we struggle in a legitimate conference... what’s tu’s issue?

Had no clue on how to win in the sec that's for damn sure. Great glad you can hang your hat on to something because we know it's not winning in the B12 and now sec sec sec.
And why aren’t you winning is that pathetic conference? You chased off 4 threats and still can’t sniff a conference championship. Lol

At least we struggle in a legitimate conference... what’s tu’s issue?

Pound that chest buddy but you still haven't figured out that when you were part of the legitimate conference in the B12 you still struggled and now you're apart of another "legitimate" conference and it's the SAME exact results. So as you keep throwing that sec sec sec shit out there your school is still doing the exact same. NOTHING!

Reactions: LonghornMM
i thought ag eqauted themselves well in recruiting, all things considered. better than herman did year 1, on paper at least-- if ehlinger becomes a star (opinions vary, but it's on the table). i DO NOT believe year2 over there goes as well as yr2 for herman. but hey, i bet bama will be good again this year. ya got that.
One thing I know is year 1 for Jimbo will be much better than year 1 for Hermensa... Hell every season Sumlin had was better than Vodka Tom had last year.

And the out of conference scheduling in that timeframe for aggy has been downright PATHETIC.
Not as bad as the in conference scheduling for Texas... you play one team in conference every year who should beat you, and that’s it. Eight games that should be gimmes.

One thing I know is year 1 for Jimbo will be much better than year 1 for Hermensa... Hell every season Sumlin had was better than Vodka Tom had last year.

You're right when we schedule teams like Nicholls State we'll be on par with aggy.

Pound that chest buddy but you still haven't figured out that when you were part of the legitimate conference in the B12 you still struggled and now you're apart of another "legitimate" conference and it's the SAME exact results. So as you keep throwing that sec sec sec shit out there your school is still doing the exact same. NOTHING!
Well, we left and now the viability of the Big XII-4+2 is continually questioned as a legitimate P5 conference and speculation continues as to what will happen when BlowU has decided its had enough... we’ll continue to count $$$ in a conference no one questions its viability. Guess that defines us and you.

Not as bad as the in conference scheduling for Texas... you play one team in conference every year who should beat you, and that’s it. Eight games that should be gimmes.

Oh please. Your OOC scheduling has been utterly pathetic and you know it. It secures an auto bowl every year when added to bottom feeder sec teams which are also a joke.

Has Texas underachieved in conference? Absolutely. Two separate things.

Funny enough the best aggy has done in SEC is with Big 12 players!

Dave, please define 'much better season' and be sure to factor in the three division 2 teams aggy plays. Also please define 'legitimate conference' LOL! And before you try to pretend your conference schedule is just so superior to Texas' Big 12 schedule, remember it includes teams like OU that had no problem beating Alabama (and should of had UGA), and TCU who beat the SEC's 2nd best team by FORTY in a NY6 bowl, and teams like KSU that wiped the floor with A&M...at home.

Oh please. Your OOC scheduling has been utterly pathetic and you know it. It secures an auto bowl every year when added to bottom feeder sec teams which are also a joke.

Has Texas underachieved in conference? Absolutely. Two separate things.
Not really... when you play national powers (BAMA, Auburn, LSU, Florida) week in and week out, you can see why they don’t schedule stronger OOC... but we’ve scheduled AZ St, UCLA and have home & home with Clemson starting this year. When you only have one legitimate power on your schedule, you play (and don’t beat)!the likes of Cal, Ole Piss and Maryland. Good job!

Not really... when you play national powers (BAMA, Auburn, LSU, Florida) week in and week out, you can see why they don’t schedule stronger OOC... but we’ve scheduled AZ St, UCLA and have home & home with Clemson starting this year. When you only have one legitimate power on your schedule, you play (and don’t beat)!the likes of Cal, Ole Piss and Maryland. Good job!

Week in week out.... WUT? =)roll

Dave, please define 'much better season' and be sure to factor in the three division 2 teams aggy plays. Also please define 'legitimate conference' LOL! And before you try to pretend your conference schedule is just so superior to Texas' Big 12 schedule, remember it includes teams like OU that had no problem beating Alabama (and should of had UGA), and TCU who beat the SEC's 2nd best team by FORTY in a NY6 bowl, and teams like KSU that wiped the floor with A&M...at home.
Yeah, BlowU is legit. No argument. You should wipe the floor with the toadies and Wildcats every year... but you don’t.

National powers 'week in week out'? That national power Florida was amazing this year LOL. And it was only the second time ya'll ever played them in six years haha. And LSU and Auburn were just so amazing that Troy and Central Florida beat them. It's call hyperbole. You are great at it regarding conference talk because that is the single thing in the world you can attempt to hang your hat on.

BTW, SEC juggernauts Kentucky and South Carolina is your EAST lineup this season. WOW! SCARY.

Reactions: jayd78
How 'bout we let an outside voice break this down for aggy. Jonathan Vilma, on ESPN College Football Live, on why he wouldn't have left FSU for aggy.

"With Texas A&M, they frankly have unrealistic expectations. They wanna be national contenders, a national powerhouse team, but they're not that, they've never been that. They had a good year, or two good years with Johnny Manziel over there at the helm, after that they went back to what they've always been. So, it's unfortunate that the fans, the boosters, the AD, they think they're some kind of perennial powerhouse, but they're not."

This is exactly how you douchetrucks are looked at on a national level. So suck on that.

to be fair, they've never actually played georgia. but, ya now, week in week out. they've also struggled with ole miss. and been beaten by the purple wizard. also want to point out that manziel year 2 was a 4-loss season too. soooo not much actually accomplished there either

Reactions: Metcalf #2
You do... it’s called half of the Big XII-4+2.
Dave, I understand your disdain for texas and rightly so. I too would feel the sting of disappointment if for the vast majority of my life, I had to look but a scant 95 miles away from my school and see another school that I considered to be a rival, continually one up me, without even necessarily trying to do so. I've said this before, manufacturing a "rivalry" with someone that's not really a "rival" is what aggy has tried to do with texas since the 40s. While some of our fans took the bait, those of us with a succinct understanding of history and facts never swallowed the hook. I'll give you a perfect example:

Texas Tech was always a step or two down the ladder of success when compared to aggy. Techsters looked up and realized if they could manufacture hatred amongst tech fans and aggy fans, a rivalry could be born. They sought not to climb to your level (a rung or two up the ladder) but instead sought to bring you down to theirs. They succeeded..... in masterful fashion. Aggy took the bait and the rivalry culminated with an all out brawl where aggy fans tore down a goal post and ended up ramming it into the stands and accidently into the faces of very, very prominent aggy boosters. You sunk to their level. They won.

For years, aggy has tried for years to bait Texas into just this scenario...... but you've failed miserably. 75-37-5, by any stretch of the imagination, is not a rivalry. That is an owning. That is orange a$$ owning marroon a$$.

A true rivalry is when two team, over a looooong period of time, have similar win loss records. (see texas v ou, mich v Ohio St, auburn v alabama)

So, in short, I feel your frustrations and I empathize with your disdain and I understand (to a degree) what it's like to be second fiddle. I also understand the negative feelings of nostalgia when your fan based moved away from one/two superior teams into a new conference where you yet again have one/two superior teams. It's like the worst groundhog day ever! Of course we secretly feel badly for you, but when you open your mouth and incredibly idiotic verse and scripture fly out of it, the rest of us stop feeling bad for you.

In short, you are who you are. And the faster you realize this, the more comfortable you will be in your own skin and the more at peace you will be with your place in the world.

I don't deny that. And if you're intellectually honest, you'll go back and re-read the postings that I put on this board back when Steve Patterson was hired who in turn hired charlie strong. In point of fact, it was the first time I'd ever joined a chat board of any form because I could see this experiment (both AD and head coach) would fail miserably.

So taking into account that Texas hired a wisconsin carpet bagger, who openly admitted when he was fired that his main objective during his tenure was to hire coaches that were not white, this shows you how off the rails we became as a program. Before anybody jumps on me and starts barking about what I just said, take two minutes and Google patterson's last presser. He said, and I quote "I am most proud during my tenure, of my two historical hires in football and basketball."

Wtf is so historic about them? It's quite obvious what he meant. When we hire based on anything other than MERIT, we fail.... the majority of the time.

Given the historically catastrophic hiring of both Patterson and strong, a&m was given a MASSIVE window with which to make up decades of ground in recruiting and catching up to Texas. Instead, you wasted this time. You squandered your opportunity under strong to grasp hold of the state and dominate for years to come. During the worst stretch in modern texas football history, you guys basically made up no ground. Your window is still open. The jury is still out on Herman and aggy finally made an aggressive hire to capitalize BUT it could be too little too late.

Only time will tell.

Given the historically catastrophic hiring of both Patterson and strong, a&m was given a MASSIVE window with which to make up decades of ground in recruiting and catching up to Texas. Instead, you wasted this time. You squandered your opportunity under strong to grasp hold of the state and dominate for years to come. During the worst stretch in modern texas football history, you guys basically made up no ground. Your window is still open. The jury is still out on Herman and aggy finally made an aggressive hire to capitalize BUT it could be too little too late.

Only time will tell.

I agree with this 100%. We had a potentially great opportunity and wasted it. Congratulations on your recruiting class this year btw.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I like the part where ole Dave is pumping that secsecsec in conference schedule...telling us how week after week they have to run the gauntlet of Auburn, Bama, LSU, Florida..and all those other "tough" guys....yeah like OlePiss, which he made fun of us scheduling. I guess when they play Ole Piss they are a tough secsecsec champ, but when we play em they are creme puffs to pad our stats. Then there is that for real power house Georgia.....oh wait....under the protection of the secsecsec aTm has yet to play Georgia.....6 years and you havnt played Georgia?... Vandy?....Kentucky?...no wonder folks laugh at yall.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT