ADVERTISEMENT

I don't Wanna Be Critical

Meh.

I mean, I'm glad we didn't lose. But we should be playing to a standard, and that standard should be several orders of magnitude more satisfying than this sh*t.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
There were some bright spots. Thought some of the freshman played really well. The RBS as a whole were really good tonight, and it was a win. If you were looking to this game though to make you feel better about our chances as we enter the meat of the schedule. It didn’t do that at all.

Meh.

I mean, I'm glad we didn't lose. But we should be playing to a standard, and that standard should be several orders of magnitude more satisfying than this sh*t.

Thats Truth BBR!, maybe this will inspire the boys for next game a little.

Hook'em

We are in deep shit
Eh not really. Nothing has really changed. 6 wins is going to be a struggle for this team. That was true after Maryland last week, and after this week as well. Just got hope the bottom doesn’t completely fall out as we run though the bear of a schedule staring next week.

Eh not really. Nothing has really changed. 6 wins is going to be a struggle for this team. That was true after Maryland last week, and after this week as well. Just got hope the bottom doesn’t completely fall out as we run though the bear of a schedule staring next week.
We are in deep shit.

We are in deep shit
You have no idea.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that what I saw in practice was potato vs potato on every play. They skipped ret@rd and went straight to potato.

We are not a good football team. We are talented, but not good.

You have no idea.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that what I saw in practice was potato vs potato on every play. They skipped ret@rd and went straight to potato.

I do have an idea. We suck donkey dick. I am completely shocked at what I’ve seen. I played collegiate ball as well (albeit naia) and this is downright soft as ****. Talent isn’t necessarily the issue.

How can coaching be so inept? How can Herman's entire administration be just as poor at coaching as Charlie, despite an entirely different approach?

How can coaching be so inept? How can Herman's entire administration be just as poor at coaching as Charlie, despite an entirely different approach?
I don’t think the approach is that different to be honest. I mean is there anything that’s gotten better? We don’t really seem any more prepared, the offense is the same if not worse, the defense was great last year. Not as good so far this year, and ST’s is still questionable

I don’t think the approach is that different to be honest. I mean is there anything that’s gotten better? We don’t really seem any more prepared, the offense is the same if not worse, the defense was great last year. Not as good so far this year, and ST’s is still questionable
That doesn't mean the coaches have the same approach. They seem totally different to me in their approach and how they relate to the players, the media, the university, and the fans. But YES the results are similar. Which is what's puzzling

See I think strong and Herman’s press conferences are very similar. With strong he would always talk about how the young guys needed to learn how to win and be disciplined. Herman talks about winning being hard, players having fun, etc. it’s a very similar deal.

I would agree though that Herman probably has better relationships with university, boosters, etc. Although Herman probably has fewer friends tonight than he had this time last year.

This team licks butt. We'll win 6 games this year. Herman gets fired after year 3. Retires at Mensa headquarters.

You have no idea.

You were against the hire from the start a few years back...at this point in time who should be the head man at TX if you were given the choice?

You were against the hire from the start a few years back...at this point in time who should be the head man at TX if you were given the choice?
Jesus Christ might be able to help us. Beyond that......

I've looked back and evaluated what happened during the Herman bidding war between LSU, Texas and aggy (who was a bit player) and this came down to the BMD's wanting to whip their d!cks out and show LSU who was boss.

Jesus Christ might be able to help us. Beyond that......

I've looked back and evaluated what happened during the Herman bidding war between LSU, Texas and aggy (who was a bit player) and this came down to the BMD's wanting to whip their d!cks out and show LSU who was boss.
Hopefully after this they’ll realize TX is not an on the job training type program and to stop hiring guys from smaller programs that barely had one year of success...I could be way off but an NFL guy with both college and pro success would be my pick. Too bad P. Carroll isn’t in his younger days anymore. He can recruit, coach and understands the pressure of a big time program and media.

That doesn't mean the coaches have the same approach. They seem totally different to me in their approach and how they relate to the players, the media, the university, and the fans. But YES the results are similar. Which is what's puzzling
Strong would just squint his eyes and say "we need to play better" and he didn't know half the players' names. He didn't make connections with the media or high school coaches. He played ping pong. Herman set up tiers and established very intense accountability. I'm not saying one is better than the other, and the results aren't very different. I'm just saying their approaches were quite different from each other

You don't want Pete. Too much stank still lingering from his days of paying Reggie bush at usc.

Hopefully after this they’ll realize TX is not an on the job training type program and to stop hiring guys from smaller programs that barely had one year of success...I could be way off but an NFL guy with both college and pro success would be my pick. Too bad P. Carroll isn’t in his younger days anymore. He can recruit, coach and understands the pressure of a big time program and media.

Let's not forget that Herman actually DID DO all those things that he was hired for. He did coach up an amazing offense at Ohio State that won a Nat'l Championship on the backs of third-string QBs. He did orchestrate huge Power 5 upsets by a sub-par (talent-wise) Houston team. He does provide that thing we've always seen at lesser schools and envied (how can Ok St and K St succeed so well with poorer players...DEVELOPMENT) -- so he gets to Texas and he has the support, the money, and even now a top 5 class of recruits. Why can't he get it done?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT