ADVERTISEMENT

If aggy tries to make fun of our 7 on 7 class

Bwilk55

Jan 24, 2016
Throughout this recruiting cycle, aggy has been trying to make themselves feel better about our skill position haul by pointing out our lack of committed players along the Off/Def Lines. While this was a valid critique early on, criticism of recruiting classes early on holds as much water as a pasta strainer.

Prior to August 7th, our only committed linemen was 3 star Reese Moore (now 4 star). But this is recruiting and the only time it matters who is committed is after signing day. We had a flurry of O/Dline commits over the last few months of recruiting, yet aggy continues to drop this "hot take" regarding our 7 on 7 class.

If you hear about it today, just show them this:

Texas DL
Keondre Coburn 4 star DT 0.9468 (committed 8/7)
Joseph Ossai 4 star DE 0.9257 (Committed NSDII)*
Moro Ojomo 3 star DT 0.8883 (Committed 2/6/18)
Daniel Carson 3 star DE 0.8763 (Committed 1/19/18)
Mike Williams 3 star DE 0.8763 (Committed 1/22/18)

Aggy D-line
Bobby Brown 4 star DT 0.9267
Max Wright 4 star DE 0.9245
Jeremiah Martin 4 star DE 0.9083*
Tyree Wilson 3 star DE 0.8813
Mohamed Diallo JUCO DT 0.8665
Dorian Gerald JUCO DE 0.8840
Still in play Vernon Jackson 4 star DE 0.8920

Texas OL
Junior Angilau 4 star OT 0.9458 (Committed 12/11)
Reese Moore 4 star OT 0.8997 (Committed 4/23)
Rafiti Ghirmai 4 star OT 0.8993 (Committed 8/21)
Mikey Grandy 3 star JUCO OG 0.8871 (Committed 12/20)
Christian Jones 3 star OT 0.8647 (Committed 2/5)
Calvin Anderson Grad Transfer*

Aggy O-line
Colten Blanton 4 star OT 0.9370
Tank Jenkins 4 star OG 0.9083
Luke Matthews 4 star OG 0.8914
Barton Clement 3 star OG 0.8891

If they land Jeremiah Martin and Vernon Jackson, I give them the win on the D-line but our d-line ended up in a really good spot with high end players in Coburn and Ossai (who aggy really wanted). Ojomo is 16 and already a monster and I like the upside of Daniel Carson and the uber-huge athlete Mike Williams.

Our O-line is person to person higher ranked than theirs (basically equal now that they added Tank Jenkins). Plus we fill out some spots/add depth with the JUCO guard and a plug and play LT if Anderson chooses us.

If they use that "hot take" today, just shut that down.

Last edited:
@Bwilk55 putting in work while stepping in aggy trap.

ahh, I refrain myself from responding to aggy trolls but like to put my thoughts on paper sometimes. Figured I'd only hear from aggys who care so much what we say that they troll Longhorn message boards.

Reactions: freeper
uggghhh... if the lighthouse sends out its light, is it the boat's fault for coming in?

or probably better-- if your dog poops in the yard, if it the fly's fault for showing up?

yeah, neither of those are perfect. but at least i didn't put "aggy" in my thread title

uggghhh... if the lighthouse sends out its light, is it the boat's fault for coming in?

or probably better-- if your dog poops in the yard, if it the fly's fault for showing up?

yeah, neither of those are perfect. but at least i didn't put "aggy" in my thread title

Give Jimbo a full year to build relationships and infrastructure and we will see how things look. I think most good players will choose to play Big Boy football if given the opportunity!

Our Next big question will be whether the big 12 Will have more players drafted this year then the American Conference? That was a clear fact last year about how bad of a league you guys are in!

"I think most good players will choose to play Big Boy footballif given the opportunity"

Does that mean they will be Playing for "Big Boy" programs such as TEXAS, ou, bama, Florida, ohio st, michigan, etc......in other words programs with a winning tradition and progam prestige?

"I think most good players will choose to play Big Boy footballif given the opportunity"

Does that mean they will be Playing for "Big Boy" programs such as TEXAS, ou, bama, Florida, ohio st, michigan, etc......in other words programs with a winning tradition and progam prestige?

Texas has one championship in the modern era of college football. Now, the question of whether they should have won several more with all the resources, competitive advantages, etc. they have enjoyed is another topic! I guess you could call it wasted potential, wasted opportunities, King of UnderAchieving....So, no I would not lump Texas with those programs. The Big 12 has one Big Boy program and one that certainly could be, but has done less with more in huge ways.

What did Kirk Herbstreit call the UT situation? It was not Big Boy.

alright, eff it. ATM supposedly has every... single... advantage that Texas has. plus now they have SECSEC right? what have THEY accomplished, exactly? i love the framing of "modern" football in order to exclude Texas victories-- very Ag of you. but i'll play along-- Texas was very much in the national title picture (or hovering nearby throughout the 70s through about craig curry--83). Texas dipped, with occassional success for the next 10 or so years. the mackovic years, while spoken about with derision, were moderately successful in getting us back into the major conversations. the last year was awful, but it ushered in the mack brown era-- you remember the mack brown era, i'm sure. from 98 until colt mccoy's hit, we were in the national conversations again. we had a crazy run of 9 or 10+ win seasons for about 12 years. we then had a hiccup and, despite our displeasure, won 9 games again. even the end of the mack era was OKAY-- i mean, we won the jihad game, even though y'all had a boatload of nfl linemen, a 1st round draft pick at qb, a future #2 pick at d-end and we had... case. charlie strong... well, he's a nice guy that did a good job recruiting some good defensive players. that's about it. now, tom herman... you remember tom herman right? he's the coach you were going to fire your coach for, but when you realized Texas was also going after him and he would clearly choose Texas, you chose to stay with your lame-duck coach. anyway, tom herman has had a year. we were really bad on offense and really good on defense. they played their tails off, though, so i'm okay right now.

now, during that same time... that same period that you said we accomplished nothing despite being in the national title game (or a game that would determine the national champion) in 77, 83, 05, and 09, and just outside that scenario in 90, 01, 04, and 08... DURING THAT SAME TIME PERIOD... what did Ag ever win?... and let me add this addendum, since we are being selective with our accomplishments-- what did Ag ever win THAT DIDN'T EVENTUALLY END UP WITH THEM ON PROBATION?

alright, eff it. ATM supposedly has every... single... advantage that Texas has. plus now they have SECSEC right? what have THEY accomplished, exactly? i love the framing of "modern" football in order to exclude Texas victories-- very Ag of you. but i'll play along-- Texas was very much in the national title picture (or hovering nearby throughout the 70s through about craig curry--83). Texas dipped, with occassional success for the next 10 or so years. the mackovic years, while spoken about with derision, were moderately successful in getting us back into the major conversations. the last year was awful, but it ushered in the mack brown era-- you remember the mack brown era, i'm sure. from 98 until colt mccoy's hit, we were in the national conversations again. we had a crazy run of 9 or 10+ win seasons for about 12 years. we then had a hiccup and, despite our displeasure, won 9 games again. even the end of the mack era was OKAY-- i mean, we won the jihad game, even though y'all had a boatload of nfl linemen, a 1st round draft pick at qb, a future #2 pick at d-end and we had... case. charlie strong... well, he's a nice guy that did a good job recruiting some good defensive players. that's about it. now, tom herman... you remember tom herman right? he's the coach you were going to fire your coach for, but when you realized Texas was also going after him and he would clearly choose Texas, you chose to stay with your lame-duck coach. anyway, tom herman has had a year. we were really bad on offense and really good on defense. they played their tails off, though, so i'm okay right now.

now, during that same time... that same period that you said we accomplished nothing despite being in the national title game (or a game that would determine the national champion) in 77, 83, 05, and 09, and just outside that scenario in 90, 01, 04, and 08... DURING THAT SAME TIME PERIOD... what did Ag ever win?... and let me add this addendum, since we are being selective with our accomplishments-- what did Ag ever win THAT DIDN'T EVENTUALLY END UP WITH THEM ON PROBATION?

Some truth to your post. One for sure fallacy is your idea that we wanted to hire Herman. And as always, you fail to admit that UT was on Probation also during the 80's. Everyone in the SWC was with the exception of Rice.

Texas has one championship in the modern era of college football. Now, the question of whether they should have won several more with all the resources, competitive advantages, etc. they have enjoyed is another topic! I guess you could call it wasted potential, wasted opportunities, King of UnderAchieving....So, no I would not lump Texas with those programs. The Big 12 has one Big Boy program and one that certainly could be, but has done less with more in huge ways.

Dang, that means I was a teenager before the modern era. I remember there were cars, and televisions, and telephones...even in sh*tholes like collie station.

Funny how aggy never mention the coach in Herbie’s quote and who lost to Kansas was fired.

Some truth to your post. One for sure fallacy is your idea that we wanted to hire Herman. And as always, you fail to admit that UT was on Probation also during the 80's. Everyone in the SWC was with the exception of Rice.

actually, arkansas was also okay. and i didn't mention that Texas was on probation because Texas didn't accomplish anything as a result of the infractions that got them on probation. maybe a bluebonnet bowl or something. but those years are your halcyon days. jackie sherrill and all. those years are the reason y'all like to frame our series record in certain years. ya know, like "modern football"

OMG, Aggie equating their cesspool town and university to 'Big Boys'! I'm gonna be laughing at that all day long. Must hurt to know that UCF was the NC this year.

Seriously, the only thing Aggie dominates is the number or 'on campus glory holes' and the per hour use of those by boeeys wearing uniforms. Yup, you 'Big Boeeys' have us beat fair and square on that one. Major respect. :eek:

Give Jimbo a full year to build relationships and infrastructure and we will see how things look. I think most good players will choose to play Big Boy football if given the opportunity!

Our Next big question will be whether the big 12 Will have more players drafted this year then the American Conference? That was a clear fact last year about how bad of a league you guys are in!

You just proved the point. More about league than school with you. It is always about someone/something other than Texas A&M with you guys.

You clowns have always been middle of the road, but act like you're a top 5 program. It should be embarrassing to you but it's not. That is why people laugh at you dolts. Too ignorant and/or too apathetic. You don't know and don't care.

You guys just put together an elite class. Congrats. We closed really well (thank goodness) and needed it. 2018 was no doubt the year of the Longhorns on the trail. 2019 is going to be really interesting.
I bet both A&M and Texas have top 10 classes next year, with at least 1 in the top 5. Going to get nasty, should be fun.

Holy shit. I was playing with the class calculator on 247. If Texas only signed it's top 10 players and no one else, it would have had the #2 class in the conference. That is crazy.

How do you define the "Modern" era?....does that begin in you book after Jackie Sherrill got yall on probation? If so...yep we have won one....and yall have won...uh...oh!...NONE!
We have played in 2 and yall have played in....oh my!...none again! and in that time yall have competed for how many conference championships?....Damn!

Tell me...what time period do you define as the modern era?....

and by the way.....you talk about only one big boy team in the Big 12.....I agree that you have 4 in the secsecsec.....none of which are called aTm.....kinda makes you sound like a little dog yapping.

Last edited:
I'd say the modern era started in the late 70's to around 1980. Teams in our region started to integrate in the late 60's and early 70's, but it took several years to really recruit the best players regardless of race. Early on schools would only allow a couple blacks, and you need 4 full years to make a team. I would go with 1980.

well crap MM42....you mean I am not from the modern era?.....Damn!...ok, so be it.

You just proved the point. More about league than school with you. It is always about someone/something other than Texas A&M with you guys.

You clowns have always been middle of the road, but act like you're a top 5 program. It should be embarrassing to you but it's not. That is why people laugh at you dolts. Too ignorant and/or too apathetic. You don't know and don't care.

Well said, weevil. aggy is a wanna be program. Always has been, and always will be. They certainly are not a "big boy program". The Bob Weltlich posters of the world are why people don't take a&m seriously and laugh at aggy. aggy jokes write themselves. =)roll

Big Boy Football?
Baylor football was not on probation in the 1980's. Suck it cheater.

Well said, weevil. aggy is a wanna be program. Always has been, and always will be. They certainly are not a "big boy program". The Bob Weltlich posters of the world are why people don't take a&m seriously and laugh at aggy. aggy jokes write themselves. =)roll

No, it is Longhorns that say there was no way that Jimbo Fisher would come to A&M, that make for good fodder at how prideful and wrong they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT