ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting fact.....

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
In his three years at Texas, charlie has lost to every single big 12 team.

I'm rolling numbers around my head about Mack brown right now.... I know we lost to the following in his 16 year tenure:

OU
K state
OSU
Tech
Aggy
Nebraska
Mizzu (ehhhh did we?)
Colorado
Baylor?? Not sure

But we never lost to fvcking Iowa st and Kansas

I'm rolling numbers around my head about Mack brown right now.... I know we lost to the following in his 16 year tenure:

OU
K state
OSU
Tech
Aggy
Nebraska
Mizzu (ehhhh did we?)
Colorado
Baylor?? Not sure

Mack lost at least once to every past and present Big 12 team but KU. Dropped three of his last four to Baylor.

Lost to ISU in 2010 never to Kansas though. Lost to Baylor too drunk to think about Missouri

OU
K state
OSU
Tech
Aggy
Nebraska
Mizzu (ehhhh did we?)
Colorado
Baylor?? Not sure

You never lost to SMU or Navy either!!!

Well it's over, time to move on.
Sorry but this one stings a little too much to just move on. There are lessons to be learned. First, a 5 year contract is absolutely ridiculous. The next coach should get a 2 or 3 year contract that renews when/if he gets to 9 wins. With the level of play in the Big XII, that's not a hard number to make.
More importantly, coordinators under elite coaches do not make good head coaches themselves. They're like quarterbacks at Tech. Sure they put up good numbers, but they are simply riding the waves of the system. How many coordinators under Mack got HC jobs? Robinson, Muschamp, Chizik, they were all failures at the HC level.

More importantly, coordinators under elite coaches do not make good head coaches themselves. They're like quarterbacks at Tech. Sure they put up good numbers, but they are simply riding the waves of the system.

Dumb statement. Look how many good coaches came from under Bill Snyder, Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, and even Hayden Fry. It's not written in stone that a assistant will be good because of the coach he is under, but it's also not written that assistants under great coaches will be bad.

OU
K state
OSU
Tech
Aggy
Nebraska
Mizzu (ehhhh did we?)
Colorado
Baylor?? Not sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT