ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Taylor hires an agent

Best of luck to him. I selfishly would have liked to see him stay another year here. And develop with us. Can't blame him and hope he lands on a good team, with a good coach, and does well. Sadly in the NBA nowadays it is a less polished league and you get a ton of young guys there that take a while to mature on the court or deep on a bench.

He reminds me a lot of Rondo. And that guy took a few years to develop, even though he landed on a team full of leaders in Boston (Garnett, Pierce, Allen).

He really led us last year. On and off the court. Along with losing big man Ridley and even the other ball dominant guard we had in Felix. We will have a trio of young guys that will attempt to fill that void. In combo guards Roach and Jones. And a more true PG in Young. I think all will get a shot. We will see who takes over as the main guy running the O as season goes on.

Reactions: westx
From a development standpoint, this has to be a mistake. But when (I assume) its been your lifelong goal - go chase the dream. Good luck Mr. Taylor and thank you for your service.

He probably received a good enough evaluation to make him believe that he will be drafted. He's a mid to late 2nd rounder with the possibility of moving higher based on his workouts. I would love for the Spurs to grab him and give him a shot. After a couple of years of developing he could be a solid pro. Spurs have the best player development program in the league.

Sadly college basketball is a stepping stone. No longer do you see the days of say a Tim Duncan staying all 4 years and then coming out pro ready.

Nowadays you get a kid or two that can play from day 1. A few role players. And a load of developmental players that may get lucky and find the right team to develop them.....or may just end up riding the end of a few benches for a few years before they are looking for another job.

Don't blame the kids. The system is broken. Kids are forced to go to college. Some don't even both to go to class. Then they leave too early based on potential. And when the potential isn't realized, they are done. Too bad we can't see more of them hone their craft, instead of rushing to the league. CBB and NBA would be better off for it.

I don't watch pro basketball at all anymore, and the only basketball I watch at all are the Horns.

Taylor seems like a nice player but if he is what the NBA is looking for, the league must really be watered down. Nothing against him, but he just doesn't seem to be what I remember as an NBA calibre player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT