ADVERTISEMENT

It was a great season

I have to say that it gives me great satisfaction that all of the Herman detractors were dead wrong. Great hire!

I will be the 1st to eat crow! He\s got to learn to finish and stay finish, not letting it start to go to hell with 5 mins left and the other teams got the ball trying to beat us, Georgia should have never scored them last 2 and they should have tried for a TD at the half instead of running the clock, .34 seconds is enough for a TD or FG...cause I guarantee ya that if the situation was reversed they would have kept putting to us

Hook'em

I have to eat crow regarding my comments about Sam. He missed a wide open receiver against Maryland, I think it was, and I was ready to give up on him.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Didn't give up on Herman, though, as some were ready to do. Still don't think he has the right integrity and temperament to be UT coach, but he's doing really well in the W-L column.

I have to eat crow regarding my comments about Sam. He missed a wide open receiver against Maryland, I think it was, and I was ready to give up on him.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Didn't give up on Herman, though, as some were ready to do. Still don't think he has the right integrity and temperament to be UT coach, but he's doing really well in the W-L column.
He'll mature. He has to. Look, Tommy is cool in the locker room around the kids. Tommy is a good fit for the kids. But when the game starts and the cameras are rolling, Tom needs to show up. Tom is gracious, he doesn't chew bubble gum during interviews and doesn't run on the field to fight other coaches. Thomas meets with the boosters. Thomas is happy, smiles alot and is full of coach speak.

There's Tommy the kid.
There's Tom the professional.
There's Thomas the baby kissing CEO.

He'll mature. He has to. Look, Tommy is cool in the locker room around the kids. Tommy is a good fit for the kids. But when the game starts and the cameras are rolling, Tom needs to show up. Tom is gracious, he doesn't chew bubble gum during interviews and doesn't run on the field to fight other coaches. Thomas meets with the boosters. Thomas is happy, smiles alot and is full of coach speak.

There's Tommy the kid.
There's Tom the professional.
There's Thomas the baby kissing CEO.
Careful there, you just might turn Tommy into Mack Brown.

my concern with this staff-- and i've been a supporter of them-- but they have a history of having their teams geeked up for big games, but they don't play as well against he lesser-thans. they need to fix that. at houston, they beat oklahoma and florida state, but lose to uconn. last year, we played great against usc and oklahoma but pooped the bed along the way against others. this year, we looked great against oklahoma, tcu and usc (nobody knew they stunk when we played them), but looked absolute s-rotten against tulsa and kansas, not to mention maryland. gotta fix it. bama and clemson don't tend to screw around with bad teams-- they bury the knife and twist. we need to develop that.

A lot of people think the Texas offensive and defensive lines are going to be much better next year. If that is the case, this team is going to be very hard to beat. I know at DE Charles O will be hard to replace but Hager was a no show for most of the year. i think we have better DE coming back, especially Ta'quon Graham and Malcolm Roach. Linebacker scares me, but we have a lot of talent coming back.

Bring in one Grad transfer Olinemen and one Juco and our line will be set with not only talent but solid depth.

I'll take that right now!

I'd take it too if it's a sure thing, but damned if I'm not hoping for something quite a bit better. It's decades past time for us to have another Royalesque dynasty run. The second-best coach in our history shouldn't have a losing record against top-10 teams even after you take out his four mediocre final seasons.

Really f*cking tired of watching teams with substantially less overall history than Texas nonetheless nipping at our heels in the national championship count. Really tired of barely being a top-20 program on average over the last 35 years.

We need a sustained run of utter dominance to even out the prolonged suckage we've suffered so often post-1983.

Last edited:
Well, Tom needs to tell Tommy to stay in the locker room, then.
The problem with that is it's Tommy, not Tom or Thomas that has done a complete 180 on the culture of the program. Tommy has brought the toughness, hard hitting, no quit, and edge to the program that Tom, Thomas, Charlie, or Mack don't provide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT