Joel Klatt nailed it

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
I hardly doubt Franklin would have been more successful than Herman or Strong as he has the same issues. As I said, Tom doesn't have the skill set or maturity to be the coach at Texas. I don't know Franklin very well, but I know that success at Penn State doesn't necessarily equate to success at Texas, again the skill set required to succeed at Texas is different than the skill set need at a place like Penn State.

Reactions: freeper

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
I hardly doubt Franklin would have been more successful than Herman or Strong as he has the same issues. As I said, Tom doesn't have the skill set or maturity to be the coach at Texas. I don't know Franklin very well, but I know that success at Penn State doesn't necessarily equate to success at Texas, again the skill set required to succeed at Texas is different than the skill set need at a place like Penn State.
I don’t know if he would of gotten Texas to where we need to be, but we wouldn’t be the total dumpster fire we have been the last 7-8. I mean we are looking at 3-7 right in the face. I mean it’s hard to see us beating anyone else but Kansas and maybe WVU or Baylor. Neither of those are locks

Last edited:

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
If Texas does bring in Urban Meyer it is going to have to be a short term fix 5-7 years based on his history. Which means it would be smart to have someone with him with an eye on them being the HC of the future. Kellen Moore would be an interesting guy to do that with. At 32 years old already an NFL OC putting up a lot of points. Think he has a bright future as a coach. Just isn’t working under the best tutors with Garrett and now McCarthy.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
If Texas does bring in Urban Meyer it is going to have to be a short term fix 5-7 years based on his history. Which means it would be smart to have someone with him with an eye on them being the HC of the future. Kellen Moore would be an interesting guy to do that with. At 32 years old already an NFL OC putting up a lot of points. Think he has a bright future as a coach. Just isn’t working under the best tutors with Garrett and now McCarthy.
I'll take it. In fact, I'd be for bringing in an up and coming coordinator who we can turn the program over to when Urban steps down.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
I'll take it. In fact, I'd be for bringing in an up and coming coordinator who we can turn the program over to when Urban steps down.
Yeah that’s what I mean. That’s what Utah and Ohio State did and it’s worked out well. FL didn’t do that and it didn’t really work out that well. There are a number of guys that would fit that mold.

easttx903

Sep 16, 2017
i dont want a guy that puts up freakin points. I want a guy who makes our guys tackle. YAC against us have to be the most of any team in football history.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Ryan, you were banned in 2019. It's not ok to re-register a new username and resume posting.
Yeah that wasn’t the point of this screen name. I joined the premium board awhile back couldn’t get in to my old account so I created a new one to do that. Started my own business a bit ago so I let my membership go for awhile. I figured enough time had passed that we could all put our differences in the past in the past and move on.
Look. I was probably a little strong and stubborn in my takes in the past. I still believe everything I said much of what I said at the time a lot of the board is saying today, but I could of handled myself differently.

That said there were a lot of personal attacks and name calling thrown my way back then too, so we all can get a little carried away. I apologize for the role I played in that. We’re all adults though, we all want the same thing and that is for the Longhorns to get back to the top of college football, so Hook’em and lets move on