ADVERTISEMENT

John Saunders at ESPN has passed away

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
at age 61. Very sorry to hear about that. He pretty much did everything at ESPN had a studio show at during college fb season. Wasn't Mack Brown on the show with him? He was solid, had a good voice, didn't take himself to seriously which is rare among ESPN personalities. Cause of death announced has yet to be announced although one report said congestive heart failure. He will be missed.

R.I.P
John Saunders

Sad and sudden. He was good at what he did. Pretty unbias and entertaining.

ESPN seems to have more than its share of premature deaths. Tom Mees drowned, Stuart Scott had cancer, now this. He never made himself the story, which is about the best thing you can say about a journalist. RIP Mr. Saunders.

Very sad.

Aside from a few weeks when he was pimpin' Virginia Tech in 2005 (for which we gave him a little good-natured grief in the post-game at the Rose Bowl), he was one of my favorites. One of the very few ESPN personalities that I could stand. He seemed like a genuinely good, likeable guy.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Actually I would say ESPN has been lucky. 3 deaths in like 25 years or more? Anyways this is terrible news. Always calm and respectful, guys like this are few and far between now. Prayers to his family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT