ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A lot on the Mind)

Agree on both....but with "B" what is CDC supposed to say besides he suspended him without pay. I don't know what else I needed him to do or say at that time. Next will be he fired him which I expect a real statement from him.

Speak with confidence that the program will be fine and that they are on top of things.

Reactions: DKinnamon
There have been several mentions of the VB team. Will the VB team encourage OB to add some coverage for more than 3 athletic teams?
There's not really a market for it, at least one that isn't limited.

I'd love to have better coverage, but there has to be an appetite for it beyond 10% of the site on most days.

Speak with confidence that the program will be fine and that they are on top of things.
I don't disagree but Monday wasn't the day to BS people. Anything else this last week until now would have just drawn more media attention. I have no problem with the approach on this one so far. But something needs to be said soon and it needs to be factual and strong in message.

Has any search started for replacement? Any feelers?

I don't disagree but Monday wasn't the day to BS people. Anything else this last week until now would have just drawn more media attention. I have no problem with the approach on this one so far. But something needs to be said soon and it needs to be factual and strong in message.

Has any search started for replacement? Any feelers?

If you're going to have the assistant basketball coach handled media duties, you can do the same in support. JMO.

I haven't heard that any search has started.

Reactions: ezgoinhorn
what are your shows?
I haven't seen any of the shows on your list, but that's because 95% of the TV I watch is sports, usually on delay. Occasionally we will get into something like Stranger Things or the Mandalorian, but we just don't watch much TV. I want to watch Andor, but we still have to get through Boba Fett and the Obi-Wan shows. One of these days we might find time, but we have to wait until we can watch them with my daughter and she's in gymnastics 20 hours a week 🤷

Guy who caught Judge’s ball is a moron. Who turns down $3 mil cash in hand?

UT hoops for the first time in my lifetime (58 yrs old) is the premier place for the top head coach who is available in the country. We have a solid team, winning record, recruiting momentum and a state of the art facility. Literally, little to no programs are in this position ever. We will hire the best coach in the country. Question is who is CDC talking with as we type?

Really expecting to hear from OB on QEs offseason improvements. I dont want to see all the pressures on Arch his first season.
The offers were not real. They didn’t even bid on the auction.

Beards glasses were broken when his fiancé hit him. Shouldn’t minimize the fiancé’s part in the couple getting physical that night, especially when all the facts are still unknown.

I haven't seen any of the shows on your list, but that's because 95% of the TV I watch is sports, usually on delay. Occasionally we will get into something like Stranger Things or the Mandalorian, but we just don't watch much TV. I want to watch Andor, but we still have to get through Boba Fett and the Obi-Wan shows. One of these days we might find time, but we have to wait until we can watch them with my daughter and she's in gymnastics 20 hours a week 🤷
**** Boba Fett and Obi-Wan.

Andor is in a different galaxy than those shows.

Beards glasses were broken when his fiancé hit him. Shouldn’t minimize the fiancé’s part in the couple getting physical that night, especially when all the facts are still unknown.
No one is minimizing anything.

We're also not enabling or providing excuses for abuse.

Excellent column @Ketchum, you're always in your bag after a roll of positive news (Hill and Vball). Hopefully this signals to other Defensive prospects that we are for real.

Excellent column @Ketchum, you're always in your bag after a roll of positive news (Hill and Vball). Hopefully this signals to other Defensive prospects that we are for real.
Positive news is so much better than the other kind. Some would tell you that I revel in the other kind, as if that makes any damn sense. 😂

Interesting list, and I agree Better Call Saul at No. 1. Agree with others that you’ve got Ozark listed too low. Better than Andor? I’m having trouble sticking with that show. Pacing is glacial. But to each his own!

Interesting list, and I agree Better Call Saul at No. 1. Agree with others that you’ve got Ozark listed too low. Better than Andor? I’m having trouble sticking with that show. Pacing is glacial. But to each his own!
It's funny because I don't think I've seen any lists with Ozark in the top 10 this year.

cable

AMC ain't over the air.
My kids are late 20’s and early 30’s. Not one of their friends have anything other than Apple TV and stream. None of them watch Satellite tv like I do.

(Buy) Why not? It's hard to know who else will be there at this point.

(Sell) I don't know that Texas is going to leave the Big 12 with a bang, so I'm not yet into predicting that it will enter a better conference with one.

Sounds like you're pretty lukewarm on whether Texas will win the conference next year. Without a doubt, if they do, I'd think that would be leaving with a bang, since 2023 is probably the last hoorrah.

Reactions: Djsimm11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT