ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let's get drunk on burnt orange Kool-aid...)

giphy.gif

You didn’t even make it to June @Ketchum. Pump the sunshine and let the kool-aid flow. You’ve now gone on record for 10+ wins.

@Anwar Richardson @Suchomel @DustinMcComas @Alex Dunlap What say you???
I wouldn't say I'm on the record.

Leicester makes more sense to me. But if Newcastle has the money, I could see that too. Would be weird seeing him play for them though.
Newcastle will be a factor if they can sign a big manager.

I was "BLAH" on the RBs in 2017.

In 2020, I'm hype about Bijan, Ingram, and a little bit of Roshon getting the job done right. Bijan is a superstar and we all need to enjoy watching every single game that dude is gonna play for Texas.

I may be wrong statistically but Johnson was just flat better than Ingram in 2019. This not a slam on Ingram.

I may be wrong statistically but Johnson was just flat better than Ingram in 2019. This not a slam on Ingram.

I like RoJo because he's reliable in every facet. He runs well. Blocks well. And he's available. Not trying to knock Ingram too much, but game in game out, I know what RoJo shows up. Not sure which Keontay we get from week to week.

Reactions: Gmar3323 and rtex63
I was counting how many of the 25 reasons were related to the coaching changes. I came up with 7 for sure (23, 22, 18, 16, 10, 8 & 1) and one or two with tangential connections. So 30%+ of the Kool Aid drinking is tied to the new coaches ... underscores how badly we needed to make those changes.

And I think you left off another big one: Herman should get to be a full time HC this year as opposed to part-time HC and part-time "Closet OC". I expect something from Herman this year as HC that makes a serious difference - not sure exactly what or that we will really know about it, because it could be hidden ... but something meaningful.

I like RoJo because he's reliable in every facet. He runs well. Blocks well. And he's available. Not trying to knock Ingram too much, but game in game out, I know what RoJo shows up. Not sure which Keontay we get from week to week.
I actually disagree with that.

The coaches stopped giving Roschon a heavy workload down the stretch because they didn't know which RoJo would show up and they lost trust in him.

The same is sometimes true of Ingram as well.

Herman’s 4th down-2 yard offerings should be no problem in 2020. Experience/development of players and new coaching staff will be the difference. Plays will get raves rather than bitter reviews.

More kool-aid anyone?

I actually disagree with that.

The coaches stopped giving Roschon a heavy workload down the stretch because they didn't know which RoJo would show up and they lost trust in him.

The same is sometimes true of Ingram as well.

Not necessarily. For one, trust your eyes. Secondly, in the last 2 regular season games, RoJo got 37 snaps (BU) then season-high 53 against Tech. Ingram got 23 and 6 respectively. There's nothing I saw from RoJo that would lead ME to distrust knowing which one would show.

Reactions: rtex63
Not necessarily. For one, trust your eyes. Secondly, in the last 2 regular season games, RoJo got 37 snaps (BU) then season-high 53 against Tech. Ingram got 23 and 6 respectively. There's nothing I saw from RoJo that would lead ME to distrust knowing which one would show.

Johnson was the only player in orange who showed up against Tech early in the game

Reactions: rtex63 and RLong68
I hope Ash kicks ass. But being a dc in this league is a beat down
We have the athletes to win their battles. We don't have to have mad scientist schemes. Know your position, do your job, be a better athlete than the guy across from you.

The Tech game is the only outlier.

You mentioned the Baylor game.

One guy went 4 for 22 and the other guy went 8 for 87.

Hell, Ingram averaged almost nine yards per carry in limited action against tech, while Johnson averaged below five.

About the eye-ball test...

Hope they continue to push each other to the max, with a dose of Robinson thrown in for change of pace. Overall RB is a source of excitement this year.
I expect Bijan to take the job over time.

Reactions: rtex63
The Tech game is the only outlier.

You mentioned the Baylor game.

One guy went 4 for 22 and the other guy went 8 for 87.

Hell, Ingram averaged almost nine yards per carry in limited action against tech, while Johnson averaged below five.

About the eye-ball test...

What's that got to do with your original statement? We're talking a guy who only got moved to RB LATE in fall camp out of desperation who then went on to to have just 21 fewer carries than Ingram. I saw nothing from RoJo that led me to to believe the staff somehow was losing trust in him.

ADVERTISEMENT