ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let's get drunk on burnt orange Kool-aid...)

Did I read that right? Did you say you think Woodley has 5 more main events coming? I don’t know if he has five more fights.

Did I read that right? Did you say you think Woodley has 5 more main events coming? I don’t know if he has five more fights.
Oh, come on, you know Dana will keep running him out there off of name recognition.

Oh, come on, you know Dana will keep running him out there off of name recognition.
Yeah Dana would like to if there’s any juice there, but Dana doesn’t love Tyron and he doesn’t bring eyeballs as it is, so Tyron has to do something. I’m just saying I don’t think the next five will be main events. I could see him being a co main at some point very soon, if that. If he doesn’t turn things around soon he won’t even be headlining another free card.

Yeah Dana would like to if there’s any juice there, but Dana doesn’t love Tyron and he doesn’t bring eyeballs as it is, so Tyron has to do something. I’m just saying I don’t think the next five will be main events. I could see him being a co main at some point very soon, if that. If he doesn’t turn things around soon he won’t even be headlining another free card.
He's got at least one more co-main event in him IMO. Then he'll sit atop these weakish cards that need a name at the top. Even as a glorified gate-keeper, he'll still get prime spots on cards. Unless Dana just kicks him to the curb.

He's got at least one more co-main event in him IMO. Then he'll sit atop these weakish cards that need a name at the top. Even as a glorified gate-keeper, he'll still get prime spots on cards. Unless Dana just kicks him to the curb.
I think Dana would like that, but Tyron has to change something because he’s been flat out terrible and hard to watch. Tyron also has to want to keep doing it. He’s 38. Where’s the end?

I think Dana would like that, but Tyron has to change something because he’s been flat out terrible and hard to watch. Tyron also has to want to keep doing it. He’s 38. Where’s the end?
He's on a two-fight losing streak.

Since coming to the UFC, he's only been involved in a non-PPV twice, both as headliners for national TV cards.

My guess is that his next fight is on a PPV in the under-card.

Your guess?

He's on a two-fight losing streak.

Since coming to the UFC, he's only been involved in a non-PPV twice, both as headliners for national TV cards.

My guess is that his next fight is on a PPV in the under-card.

Your guess?
Then we agree? I thought you were saying his next five would be main events. He won’t headline his next card after laying a second turd in a row. Whatever audience he had is gone. Only exception may be if they line him and Colby up in what would be a terrible pre-fight build for our society right now and I hope they don’t do it, but it would be a main/co-main. Otherwise, he ends up in the 3-5 spot on a main card or headlining a pre-lim.

Then we agree? I thought you were saying his next five would be main events. He won’t headline his next card after laying a second turd in a row. Whatever audience he had is gone. Only exception may be if they line him and Colby up in what would be a terrible pre-fight build for our society right now and I hope they don’t do it, but it would be a main/co-main. Otherwise, he ends up in the 3-5 spot on a main card or headlining a pre-lim.
I think his next five (if there are a next five) come in the form of a main event on ESPN or as a co-main event (possibly No.3 fight) in a PPV.

I don't think he'll ever undercard an ESPN event and he'll never headline a PPV, but he'll certainly be on them, which is where my real gripe exists.

He probably needs a tomato can in his next fight, right? They have to rebuild Humpty Dumpty if he's going to retain any real value.

I think his next five (if there are a next five) come in the form of a main event on ESPN or as a co-main event (possibly No.3 fight) in a PPV.

I don't think he'll ever undercard an ESPN event and he'll never headline a PPV, but he'll certainly be on them, which is where my real gripe exists.
I think if he falls far enough to where he would be considered on the undercard of a freebie then he would just retire.

He probably needs a tomato can in his next fight, right? They have to rebuild Humpty Dumpty if he's going to retain any real value.
Without really looking at their schedules, I could see something like Chiesa or RDA or Luque. I just can’t see them putting him against a complete nobody.

I think if he falls far enough to where he would be considered on the undercard of a freebie then he would just retire.
I can't remember anyone with his name value ever being on an undercard of a free card.

I can't remember anyone with his name value ever being on an undercard of a free card.
No, they’ll run him out against Dos Anjos or something and have a “name v name” fight they could use as a 3-5 main card fight or something.

I can’t see Woodley wanting to become a gatekeeper.

No, they’ll run him out against Dos Anjos or something and have a “name v name” fight they could use as a 3-5 main card fight or something.
That sounds like a co-main event to me.

I can’t see Woodley wanting to become a gatekeeper.
Rarely do these dudes see themselves for what they are, otherwise he probably doesn't fight on Saturday.

The delusion often exists for damn near forever.

Rarely do these dudes see themselves for what they are, otherwise he probably doesn't fight on Saturday.

The delusion often exists for damn near forever.
I don’t think this fight was quite that situation. He’s been out fifteen months and he’s 38. He had to fight someone. I think he felt one fight away from another title shot and that he could beat this guy. Hell, I think a lot of people thought that. Gatekeeper in my mind is a guy like Glover. Now he’s on a great streak and may get close one last time, but that guy keeps reinventing himself as a gatekeeper and coming back for more and looking good doing it. He’s rare.

Man, you're forgetting how awful some of these PPVs have been.
They do have lots of content obligations with ESPN and get paid regardless of whether it’s a good card or not, so it’s certainly possible. They don’t have the same level of concern they had previously about numbers.

They do have lots of content obligations with ESPN and get paid regardless of whether it’s a good card or not, so it’s certainly possible. They don’t have the same level of concern they had previously about numbers.
I mean Neil Magny is on the upcoming card in the No.4 slot.

and I like Magny.

I mean Neil Magny is on the upcoming card in the No.4 slot.

and I like Magny.
It’ll be interesting to see where Woodley goes. This weekend is a nice top to bottom card without a super main event. I’m still in, of course.

I think I’d rather drink a bottle of whiskey than a bottle of the Kool aid. More bad and pain can come from the latter.

I don't - i've been perplexed by it for some time though. All i'm left with is by God's design, He must have had a reason, maybe one day i'll see it.
In the meantime, I'll just take this small win and be thankful it's true.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT