ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Let's talk recruiting...)

Filmed in SA. A girl I graduated with from Churchill was in the Riverwalk boat scene for an extended bit. She was famous for a while at school.

Oh and when the old lady takes off her glove...we all yelled!!!
I haven't seen it forever. Maybe 35 years.

Tootsie is one of the best movies ever made. It was WAY ahead of its time. Dabney was good but not his best performance as he was a secondary character with no depth. 9-5 was all about DC.
That's totally fair.

No problem with your love for Liverpool. As long as I am not required to read it. What sport is that, btw ? Cricket ?
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

I think I’ve shared this with you before. I fully admit that this is my opinion and I can’t read your mind and/or your true emotions but…I remember when you became a Liverpool “fan”. You wrote about it…it was when the EPL was beginning to take off in popularity in America, and you said you thought you should follow the league more closely so that you could better comment on it. You then outlined the methodical way that you “chose” Liverpool as your team.

As a comparison, I’ve been a “fan” of Chelsea since 2012 when I was somehow watching The Blues play a match on satellite and my 9-year-old daughter at the time (who played soccer) said she loved their jerseys and wanted to watch them play.🙂 We both became “fans”, buying replica jerseys, scarves, and watching the team whenever possible. I loved Jose Mourinho, Frank Lampard, and their Russian owner😳. I began following the league, the transfer window, and learning the ends and outs of English football - all tiers. I watched Chelsea win the Championship League that first year, and followed them as they’ve won 2 EPL championships since. I’ve been to 2 matches at Stamford Bridge, the last time with my then 20 year-old daughter having the time of her life. On the downside, the last few years have been a struggle with a revolving door of players and coaches. This year finally some optimism with a strong back half of the season to finish 6th and make the Conference League. Hopefully Pochettino is the answer to bring stability and talent back to the club.

All that said, I will always just be a fringe “fan”. Yeah, I am elated when they win and disappointed when they lose. I love reading the great humanitarian stories that the club promotes and their positive impact throughout London. But I will never have the emotional ties like I do to my lifelong hometown teams (the Cowboys, the Mavs, and the Rangers), or to the university (Texas) I grew up loving and then lettered and graduated from.

It’s just my opinion, but “picking” a team to cheer for can never give someone the emotional tie like growing up as a fan due to family being fans, or being from that city or country, or being an alumni does. I completely get your love of the Sixers and Phillies. I can understand becoming a fan of a team like you did with Liverpool, but the gushing of emotional commentary you give seems superficial and hard to fathom when your fandom was manufactured and not organic.🤷🏼‍♂️

But in the end, maybe everything I just said is hogwash and as a Chelsea “fan” I just can’t stand Liverpool.😏
You finally got to the end of the riddle. ;)

Top 10 list is terrible without the cult classic “Hot to Trot” starring him and Bobcat Goldthwait. It’s still bullshit they were snubbed by the Oscar’s.
I'm embarrassed to say I have seen that movie... probably 5 times. ;)

Texas softball: looking ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good right now. Texas baseball: guess losing to UTRGV shook em up. Dabney Coleman: excellent observation on Boardwalk Empire and I still watch Tootsie when it's on
Might have been the BYU series. Or both.

Reactions: Dwilliamminear
In reading this I keep thinking speculation is so speculative, hard to forecast these kids future. I love your nod to Mack Brown (how soon we forget). The most surprising thing to me was your comment on Armstrong, you really believe he is a bigger talent, coming out of high school, than Sanders?

In reading this I keep thinking speculation is so speculative, hard to forecast these kids future. I love your nod to Mack Brown (how soon we forget). The most surprising thing to me was your comment on Armstrong, you really believe he is a bigger talent, coming out of high school, than Sanders?
I didn't view Sanders as a pure tight end. I viewed him as a multi-positional athlete.

Will be interesting to see if the new Liverpool coach can perform at the highest levels in a highly competitive league. I know he has everyone’s blessing but there’s a BIG difference Dutch soccer league and EPL, and one can’t discount that he never reached the top until Ten Hag departed.

I hope he’s good for the sake of Liverpool fans, but they could also end up being the next drop off the same way Man U and Arsenal fell apart after Fergie and Wenger.

Probably too early to evaluate the New Dline guy as a recruiter…….but Terry Joseph is a JAG, JAG, JAG and that spot needs a rainmaker.

They've recruited exceptionally well there in past classes.

Will be interesting to see if the new Liverpool coach can perform at the highest levels in a highly competitive league. I know he has everyone’s blessing but there’s a BIG difference Dutch soccer league and EPL, and one can’t discount that he never reached the top until Ten Hag departed.

I hope he’s good for the sake of Liverpool fans, but they could also end up being the next drop off the same way Man U and Arsenal fell apart after Fergie and Wenger.

Anything is possible, but the roster make-up of this team is quite different than those two teams when those managers left.

Help me out.

Kobe Black and I’m drawing a blank.

The safety spots have been solid

And watts and Brooks were transfers.

Brooks was not a transfer.

Filsaime 5-stars
Malik Muhammad - 5 stars
Black - High 4 stars
Brooks - High 4 stars
Johnson-Rubell - Mid 4 stars
Wardell Mack - Mid 4 stars
Derek Williams - Md 4 stars
Jelani McDonald - Mid 4 stars
Guilbeau - Mid 4 stars

Brooks was not a transfer.

Filsaime 5-stars
Malik Muhammad - 5 stars
Black - High 4 stars
Brooks - High 4 stars
Johnson-Rubell - Mid 4 stars
Wardell Mack - Mid 4 stars
Derek Williams - Md 4 stars
Jelani McDonald - Mid 4 stars
Guilbeau - Mid 4 stars
Plus solid portal additions. Recruiting hasn’t been the issue IMO it’s been coaching, but maybe that had to do with the roster talent they inherited. Proof will be in the puddin’ this fall.

Reactions: jgreene_machine
Anything is possible, but the roster make-up of this team is quite different than those two teams when those managers left.
Be interesting to see what happens with Salah and VVD. Do you think they move on?

Be interesting to see what happens with Salah and VVD. Do you think they move on?

Not in this off-season. I expect Virgil to get a new deal. Not sure what happens with Mo beyond 2024-25.

Not Dabney’s best movie, but good scene. Short Time, about a cautious cop about to retire who thinks he has a terminal disease. So he decided to die in the line of duty

Reactions: bevo78 and Ketchum
A date in Oklahoma City with a certain Sooners squad in a couple of weeks feels like destiny.

War Attack GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Reactions: Ketchum
B/S Sorrell and Burke’s production next season will surpass Crowder and Robison’s 2005 season

(Buy) We're talking 24 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. Sorrell and Burke combined for 13.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks in 2023. I think they'll get there.

This doesn't even include Trey Moore and Colin Simmons

When was the last time Texas signed a 5 star from Missouri before last season? Or a 5-star quarterback from Louisiana? Or a 5-star running back from Florida?

The goal is to land elite talent. Period.
We both agree on that. I guess the issue I am having with your statement that “Texas needs to sign super blues at DT.” Sure that can be a goal but the number of players fitting that profile at DT has been year in and out a much smaller number than let’s say WR (11) OT (7) DB (11) in 2025 class. That is almost 10 times the number of players to choose from. Plus 7 of those actually live in Texas!!

In 2025 according to Rivals Rankings there are 3 DTs in top 70 and another at #84 all from states pretty far from Texas. If Texas signs one of those players every 3 years Texas would be WAY ahead of the curve!! Top 70 rated recruits that play DT really are unicorns!!

Last edited:
As good as Man City has been over the last decade, it has never done that. 36 out of 38 and not even counting the Champions League glory in the middle of it? No team in the history of the sport has ever done such a thing and probably never will again.

Real Madrid is better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT