ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Let's talk recruiting...)

Me: I think Texas will get commitments from the No.4, No.11, No.22, No.33, No.65 and No.71 prospects in the country in the coming months.

@thisspaceforsale:
😂 I think you made your point ketch

Man some guys can’t take a dose of reality, recruiting is going well but not quite as elite as expected . I think that’s a very fair statement for anyone to say

I think the OL and DT recruitments are particularly a little underwhelming , bc that’s what will pay off the most in the SEC. We only have one elite recruit likely there . I thought/expected Flood to clean shop honestly

😂 I think you made your point ketch

Man some guys can’t take a dose of reality, recruiting is going well but not quite as elite as expected . I think that’s a very fair statement for anyone to say

I think the OL and DT recruitments are particularly a little underwhelming , bc that’s what will pay off the most in the SEC. We only have one elite recruit likely there . I thought/expected Flood to clean shop honestly

Flood and Sark have taken a different approach to 2025 than 2022.

I can remember when Sark told Anwar that they could have 5 guys committed at the snap of his fingers, but wanted to do anything to stack up elite talents. They've not been quite as patient this season IMO.

Dak and Mike McCarthy fixing to make you eat these words...

Ketch’s over-the-top love for a team (Liverpool) he really has no history with aside, there’s not a chance in hell Dak and McCarthy do any such thing. Take off the Blue/Silver glasses. 2024 is gonna sting for us Cowboy fans.

Ketch’s over-the-top love for a team (Liverpool) he really has no history with aside, there’s not a chance in hell Dak and McCarthy do any such thing. Take off the Blue/Silver glasses. 2024 is gonna sting for us Cowboy fans.
I have a decade of history.

How much do I need to have before it counts?

Reactions: pied
@Ketchum does it concern you about the Oline recruiting the last two/three years that only 3 players are ranked 4 stars or higher in Chatman, Cruz and Baker. The only OL guy that’s 4 stars or higher this year even though the rankings are early is Big Mike F.

5 guys in 23
3 guys in 24
5 guys in 25

4 blue chips out of 13 guys under 30% blue chip rate.

2022 had 6 OL guys in that recruiting class and all of them was ranked 4 stars or higher.

The OL from Melissa seems to project to be a very good player if he continues to get bigger, faster and stronger and learn the playbook while following Banks lead.

I think Texas needs to close out with Lamont Rogers also. Texas needs two elite tackles this class

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
@Ketchum does it concern you about the Oline recruiting the last two/three years that only 3 players are ranked 4 stars or higher in Chatman, Cruz and Baker. The only OL guy that’s 4 stars or higher this year even though the rankings are early is Big Mike F.

5 guys in 23
3 guys in 24
5 guys in 25

4 blue chips out of 13 guys under 30% blue chip rate.

2022 had 6 OL guys in that recruiting class and all of them was ranked 4 stars or higher.

The OL from Melissa seems to project to be a very good player if he continues to get bigger, faster and stronger and learn the playbook while following Banks lead.

I think Texas needs to close out with Lamont Rogers also. Texas needs two elite tackles this class

Concern? Not really the word I would use, but the 2022 class set a standard that Texas hasn't been repeating,

I think the presence of Goosby and Baker might be hurting tackle recruiting a little, but that doesn't explain the inside areas.

I did as well as a kid.
Filmed in SA. A girl I graduated with from Churchill was in the Riverwalk boat scene for an extended bit. She was famous for a while at school.

Oh and when the old lady takes off her glove...we all yelled!!!

Last edited:
Tootsie is one of the best movies ever made. It was WAY ahead of its time. Dabney was good but not his best performance as he was a secondary character with no depth. 9-5 was all about DC.

... Time to put some respect on Oleksandr Usyk's name.
Our best boxer can beat up your club's best boxer.

FMd13tEXIAUlq_P

No problem with your love for Liverpool. As long as I am not required to read it. What sport is that, btw ? Cricket ?

• Haha
Reactions: horndr and Type O
I have a decade of history.

How much do I need to have before it counts?

I think I’ve shared this with you before. I fully admit that this is my opinion and I can’t read your mind and/or your true emotions but…I remember when you became a Liverpool “fan”. You wrote about it…it was when the EPL was beginning to take off in popularity in America, and you said you thought you should follow the league more closely so that you could better comment on it. You then outlined the methodical way that you “chose” Liverpool as your team.

As a comparison, I’ve been a “fan” of Chelsea since 2012 when I was somehow watching The Blues play a match on satellite and my 9-year-old daughter at the time (who played soccer) said she loved their jerseys and wanted to watch them play.🙂 We both became “fans”, buying replica jerseys, scarves, and watching the team whenever possible. I loved Jose Mourinho, Frank Lampard, and their Russian owner😳. I began following the league, the transfer window, and learning the ends and outs of English football - all tiers. I watched Chelsea win the Championship League that first year, and followed them as they’ve won 2 EPL championships since. I’ve been to 2 matches at Stamford Bridge, the last time with my then 20 year-old daughter having the time of her life. On the downside, the last few years have been a struggle with a revolving door of players and coaches. This year finally some optimism with a strong back half of the season to finish 6th and make the Conference League. Hopefully Pochettino is the answer to bring stability and talent back to the club.

All that said, I will always just be a fringe “fan”. Yeah, I am elated when they win and disappointed when they lose. I love reading the great humanitarian stories that the club promotes and their positive impact throughout London. But I will never have the emotional ties like I do to my lifelong hometown teams (the Cowboys, the Mavs, and the Rangers), or to the university (Texas) I grew up loving and then lettered and graduated from.

It’s just my opinion, but “picking” a team to cheer for can never give someone the emotional tie like growing up as a fan due to family being fans, or being from that city or country, or being an alumni does. I completely get your love of the Sixers and Phillies. I can understand becoming a fan of a team like you did with Liverpool, but the gushing of emotional commentary you give seems superficial and hard to fathom when your fandom was manufactured and not organic.🤷🏼‍♂️

But in the end, maybe everything I just said is hogwash and as a Chelsea “fan” I just can’t stand Liverpool.😏

Last edited:
Reactions: Saul Goodman87
... So, the Kyrie trade has worked out for the Mavs, huh?

My cousin Alex trains Kyrie. He has told family from day one that he's the most talented scorer that he's ever seen. He just raves about his ability to do just about anything on the court.

He's also trained Trae Young, Carmelo, and even KD on occasion. Luka is the sh*t but Kyrie is something different.

Reactions: Ketchum
Top 10 list is terrible without the cult classic “Hot to Trot” starring him and Bobcat Goldthwait. It’s still bullshit they were snubbed by the Oscar’s.

Texas softball: looking ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good right now. Texas baseball: guess losing to UTRGV shook em up. Dabney Coleman: excellent observation on Boardwalk Empire and I still watch Tootsie when it's on

Reactions: Ketchum
Filmed in SA. A girl I graduated with from Churchill was in the Riverwalk boat scene for an extended bit. She was famous for a while at school.

Oh and when the old lady takes off her glove...we all yelled!!!
I haven't seen it forever. Maybe 35 years.

Tootsie is one of the best movies ever made. It was WAY ahead of its time. Dabney was good but not his best performance as he was a secondary character with no depth. 9-5 was all about DC.
That's totally fair.

I think I’ve shared this with you before. I fully admit that this is my opinion and I can’t read your mind and/or your true emotions but…I remember when you became a Liverpool “fan”. You wrote about it…it was when the EPL was beginning to take off in popularity in America, and you said you thought you should follow the league more closely so that you could better comment on it. You then outlined the methodical way that you “chose” Liverpool as your team.

As a comparison, I’ve been a “fan” of Chelsea since 2012 when I was somehow watching The Blues play a match on satellite and my 9-year-old daughter at the time (who played soccer) said she loved their jerseys and wanted to watch them play.🙂 We both became “fans”, buying replica jerseys, scarves, and watching the team whenever possible. I loved Jose Mourinho, Frank Lampard, and their Russian owner😳. I began following the league, the transfer window, and learning the ends and outs of English football - all tiers. I watched Chelsea win the Championship League that first year, and followed them as they’ve won 2 EPL championships since. I’ve been to 2 matches at Stamford Bridge, the last time with my then 20 year-old daughter having the time of her life. On the downside, the last few years have been a struggle with a revolving door of players and coaches. This year finally some optimism with a strong back half of the season to finish 6th and make the Conference League. Hopefully Pochettino is the answer to bring stability and talent back to the club.

All that said, I will always just be a fringe “fan”. Yeah, I am elated when they win and disappointed when they lose. I love reading the great humanitarian stories that the club promotes and their positive impact throughout London. But I will never have the emotional ties like I do to my lifelong hometown teams (the Cowboys, the Mavs, and the Rangers), or to the university (Texas) I grew up loving and then lettered and graduated from.

It’s just my opinion, but “picking” a team to cheer for can never give someone the emotional tie like growing up as a fan due to family being fans, or being from that city or country, or being an alumni does. I completely get your love of the Sixers and Phillies. I can understand becoming a fan of a team like you did with Liverpool, but the gushing of emotional commentary you give seems superficial and hard to fathom when your fandom was manufactured and not organic.🤷🏼‍♂️

But in the end, maybe everything I just said is hogwash and as a Chelsea “fan” I just can’t stand Liverpool.😏
You finally got to the end of the riddle. ;)

Top 10 list is terrible without the cult classic “Hot to Trot” starring him and Bobcat Goldthwait. It’s still bullshit they were snubbed by the Oscar’s.
I'm embarrassed to say I have seen that movie... probably 5 times. ;)

Texas softball: looking ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good right now. Texas baseball: guess losing to UTRGV shook em up. Dabney Coleman: excellent observation on Boardwalk Empire and I still watch Tootsie when it's on
Might have been the BYU series. Or both.

Reactions: Dwilliamminear
In reading this I keep thinking speculation is so speculative, hard to forecast these kids future. I love your nod to Mack Brown (how soon we forget). The most surprising thing to me was your comment on Armstrong, you really believe he is a bigger talent, coming out of high school, than Sanders?

In reading this I keep thinking speculation is so speculative, hard to forecast these kids future. I love your nod to Mack Brown (how soon we forget). The most surprising thing to me was your comment on Armstrong, you really believe he is a bigger talent, coming out of high school, than Sanders?
I didn't view Sanders as a pure tight end. I viewed him as a multi-positional athlete.

Will be interesting to see if the new Liverpool coach can perform at the highest levels in a highly competitive league. I know he has everyone’s blessing but there’s a BIG difference Dutch soccer league and EPL, and one can’t discount that he never reached the top until Ten Hag departed.

I hope he’s good for the sake of Liverpool fans, but they could also end up being the next drop off the same way Man U and Arsenal fell apart after Fergie and Wenger.

Probably too early to evaluate the New Dline guy as a recruiter…….but Terry Joseph is a JAG, JAG, JAG and that spot needs a rainmaker.

They've recruited exceptionally well there in past classes.

Will be interesting to see if the new Liverpool coach can perform at the highest levels in a highly competitive league. I know he has everyone’s blessing but there’s a BIG difference Dutch soccer league and EPL, and one can’t discount that he never reached the top until Ten Hag departed.

I hope he’s good for the sake of Liverpool fans, but they could also end up being the next drop off the same way Man U and Arsenal fell apart after Fergie and Wenger.

Anything is possible, but the roster make-up of this team is quite different than those two teams when those managers left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT