ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Now what?)

UT just finished the Bev Kearney litigation not so long ago.

Given the circumstances, and what may be happening behind the scenes, CDC may have received some legal advice that voicing approval of any football success could add quantitative value to buy-out negotiations.
Absolutely. That evidence looks awful at trial.

LOL at the thought of winning out. This team is coached by a mental midget HC when it comes to leadership, development, and game/roster management and these players for the vast majority are mentally weak and not focused on playing a winning brand of football.

Soon we will drop a game that we should win on paper. This is my shocked face.

Reactions: curveball1
@Ketchum Random and totally irrelevant point here...

I think Sean Connery in that photo is posed like Michelangelo's David (which references the Doryphoros statue itself) and has a sword referencing Donatello's David. All three personified the ideal male body which fits with Mr. Universe.

You're assuming that he would be on the field AND they would try to find a way to get him the ball. The way this coaching staff consistently and completely ignores their playmakers makes me seriously doubt he would have this level of impact on this team and it's season.
You're right, I am assuming.

All the games save KU (maybe) are all going to be coin flip 4 quarter games. That's what mensaball is all about. Texas winning them all with the way they've been playing would be one of the bigger surprises of my life.
1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8

RIP Sean Connery - coolest man of the 20th century. He was so cool he actually made turning old cool.
We should all be so lucky as to make it to 90 and then passing in our sleep in paradise.

There is a certain intensity missing from UT football. Ossai plays like a guy who wants to make money playing on Sunday. The others are "close" to making plays and are going to "clean it up" Every year, Alabama has 5 players who play like Ossai. Something is missing.
I don't find effort to be as much of a problem as discipline, focus and quality execution.

The buyout still looms large.... old Dallas BMDs ( yes even the ones with names on buildings) currently dont have the cache they once had and cant ( or won’t) raise their “fair share”. While Houston BMD had it raised two weeks ago, ultimately they cannot do it on their own. Ft Worth and Austin/ San Antonio are a non factor. Also, this will only be sured up if someone can lock down a successor before any trigger is pulled

Also, @Ketchum I hear there is one coach that claims the EoT is hurting recruiting. I don’t buy it , I still say winning takes care of a lot ...what say you?
a. I haven't been told that there's a hangup with money.

b. There's no way TEOT situation doesn't hurt recruiting at least a smidge.

So you would make the argument that Texas is a really good WR away from being undefeated (and thus a top 10 team?)

I feel like it's other positions holding us back.
I'm saying Garrett Wilson would probably have made a difference in the two games that were lost. He's that good.

In the 24-24 tie with Oklahoma in 1995, Tony Brackens had two sacks, three pass breakups, three quarterback hits, three tackles for loss (minus-19 yards) and blocked a field goal attempt.
And still not better than what we saw on Saturday. I was on the field for that that gamer in 1995. Brackens didn't quite dominate like THAT!

Thought you said Sam was borderline great and was best QB in UT history ? In Buy or Sell: " Sell) I think the fan base has him rated properly. He's possibly the best "very good but not quite great" quarterback in school history. "
no one, especially me, has ever called him the best quarterback in school history.

He's not even on the Mount Rushmore of Texas quarterbacks.

The game that immediately jumped to my mind after seeing Ossai’s performance was Alex Okafor in the 2012 Alamo Bowl. He was unblockable. I just looked it up, and his 4.5 sacks were the 3rd most in bowl history.

Tony Brackens also had some monster games back in the day.
The fact that Ossai's game came with a walk off game-winning play makes his performance even more special.

Okafor didn't have a hand in creating a turnover that day, either.

But, good call.

UT just finished the Bev Kearney litigation not so long ago.

Given the circumstances, and what may be happening behind the scenes, CDC may have received some legal advice that voicing approval of any football success could add quantitative value to buy-out negotiations.
all the back to September....?

tenor.gif

@Ketchum
We suck.

Now that I'm on a roll, have the big money guys, OB staff, etc. given Herman a real chance this year? I have seen the poor execution, penalties, OL issues and it doesn't look so good. But how long does a reset of coaches take to get traction? Especially without an offseason? I can be convinced it's time for a change but what if TH wins a few more games?
While 7 coaches are new, Herm is in year 4 at Texas. There is no period of traction for the new coaches nor should there be one. And nobody else had an off-season either.

Texas needs to win the conference this year or the entire staff could get fired.

We needed overtime to win a game where we won the turnover battle 5-0. The fact we needed OT is almost incomprehensible. Like tech, Ok St. gifted us that game. I doubt we will play another game this year with that type of TO margin.
Texas has played in a bunch of overtime games. Playing in 50-50 games is what this team does really well.

Reactions: SVR45 and azhorns
Absolutely. That evidence looks awful at trial.
It's a pretty shitty look with regards to messaging.

On one hand, he demands that the players stand for the fans. On the other hand, he doesn't give them any public support... or the fans that showed up for that matter,

@Ketchum Random and totally irrelevant point here...

I think Sean Connery in that photo is posed like Michelangelo's David (which references the Doryphoros statue itself) and has a sword referencing Donatello's David. All three personified the ideal male body which fits with Mr. Universe.
Or he just thought it was cool!

Reactions: hutchenc
Ketchum, I don't understand Jay Hartzell first tweet about needing before and after pics. Can you or anyone else explain what that tweet meant?
He's saying Texas football is making him gray and get old over night.

@Ketchum the answer you are looking for to compare Ossai's game is Bryant Westbrook against aggy in '95.

ADVERTISEMENT