ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (What's happened, what's happening and what might happen...)

That Tweet was probably an indictor. They knew what they were doing.
The pants pissers hated that article. I am going to save the quote about agenda driven morons for frequent use.

The tweet was awesome. Sometimes you gotta get in a fight so you can make up. If the other party doesn’t want to make up, at least you know where you stand. Maybe DG goes down for a game or 2 and we can all see what kind of QB they have waiting in the wings.

Bowfinger is in the top 10, though it’s probably more of a Steve Martin movie. It is incredible and Eddie is fantastic in it

But man, he has a tough list to break into.

Also, Axel F was lots of fun.

I thought BHC Axel F was a waste of time. It felt like they dusted off BHC 3 and super imposed 3 much older versions of the cast for it.

The songs, plot, filming, unnecessary wreckage, everything looked exactly as it did in the early 90s.

Except it wasn’t a stroll down memory lane. It was just old.

Reactions: KoolMoD
Eddie Murphy has a tie for #1: Beverly Hills Cop and 48 Hours. Although he played similar characters, but one on one side of the law and other on the opposite side, he played with totally different co-stars and matched up well as a star with them all. Some actors can't do that.

He should have had Jonathan Banks in a small role in all of his movies.

Reactions: Ketchum
Great job. All valid points and can't wait for the season to roll in🤘🏻. If we can flip a guy before December, great. If not, let's support and coach up the ones we DO have.

Last edited:
OBs that don’t dive into the numbers should learn this…NO class is ever gonna have 25 super blue chips in it. Hell, the two best supposed classes ever (aggy and Georgia I think) only had 10 or so. To me 5-6 is acceptable, but 7-8 is ideal. That’s normally about 1/3 of the class. Stack 3-4 of those type of classes in a row and that’s how you have 15-20 super blues on the roster like Ketch has graphed.

We are still very much in the hunt to do that. It just may not be the ones we thought it would be.
Bingo, bingo, bingo.

I thought it was predictable and not that funny.
College Basketball Ncaa GIF by Basketball Madness

Level one from an Aggie BMD. The baseball hire lit a bonfire under their ass. This donor doubled down and I can assure you it was a large commitment before. And, they’re not big baseball people. We will see more and more of that in head to head recruitment.

Texas fans need to step up.

The pants pissers hated that article. I am going to save the quote about agenda driven morons for frequent use.

The tweet was awesome. Sometimes you gotta get in a fight so you can make up. If the other party doesn’t want to make up, at least you know where you stand. Maybe DG goes down for a game or 2 and we can all see what kind of QB they have waiting in the wings.

Bowfinger is in the top 10, though it’s probably more of a Steve Martin movie. It is incredible and Eddie is fantastic in it

But man, he has a tough list to break into.

Also, Axel F was lots of fun.

The Tweet simply wasn't needed.

I thought BHC Axel F was a waste of time. It felt like they dusted off BHC 3 and super imposed 3 much older versions of the cast for it.

The songs, plot, filming, unnecessary wreckage, everything looked exactly as it did in the early 90s.

Except it wasn’t a stroll down memory lane. It was just old.
Agree to strongly disagree. Much, Much better than III.

Reactions: KoolMoD
I think the weirdest thing on the whole Moore recruitment is his mom implying that Oregon showed more love. I just picture the whole family down here, and Sark talking to grandma and wonder what (if anything) they could've done better. Combine that with a competitive NIL offer and no state taxes and it just makes me think he was never going to come here. Which, considering our success and the QB room, just bottles the mind.

Dogs and cats, living together. Mass hysteria.

I think the weirdest thing on the whole Moore recruitment is his mom implying that Oregon showed more love. I just picture the whole family down here, and Sark talking to grandma and wonder what (if anything) they could've done better. Combine that with a competitive NIL offer and no state taxes and it just makes me think he was never going to come here. Which, considering our success and the QB room, just bottles the mind.

Hard not to agree.

Glad you enjoyed it. I wanted like it. Maybe it was better than 3 but that isn’t saying much. It wasn’t as good as 1 or 2 and there was absolutely nothing new about it.
His daughter was new. III is an abomination. This was a very solid wayb to end the series.

agree…he spurned us twice. seems pretty evident.

We (the Texas fanbase) don't suffer from major sports failure fatigue like the Aggies do.

Simply put, the Aggies lost the NC series and then lost their coach less than 24 hours later. Consequently, they went from being hurt, to being shocked, to being enraged, and with Texas joining “their conference” they are now panicked.

So color me unsurprised they are more galvanized, desperate, and douchey than ever.

Besides the official visit weekend how many other times did Moore visit Oregon?
Moore visited Texas on an official and 5-6 other visits.
Moore's family said Oregon showed so much more love. How could they when all he visited was on the official visit???
After 5-6 Texas visits there was not enough love?
Yeah, that’s what I’m sure got to Sark. I don’t know how much more love they could’ve shown Moore and then to have those quotes about how Oregon really cared ……brutal

His daughter was new. III is an abomination. This was a very solid wayb to end the series.
I wish I'd have enjoyed it like you did.

SPOLIER ALERT (although if you don't see these things coming miles away thats on you)

I hated it based on the sheer super-cliched nature of it.
  1. Rogue cop does a stupid amount of damage to catch bad guy
  2. Rogue cop has an estranged daughter he needs to help
  3. Their relationship was strained because he worked too much
  4. Best friend gets captured and tied to a chair for days on end for no particular reason
  5. Swarmy bad cop is the evil genius behind it all
  6. Rogue cop loses his badge and must solve crime, help daughter, save friend and regain trust of boss
  7. Queue chase scene where automatic weapons are always fired 3 foot too low so they hit the front of a bulldozer and not the cabin
  8. Queue Nuetron Dance
  9. Insert Eddie Murphy fast talking his way past elite Beverly Hills rubes
  10. Roll Credits
It was campy, but not campy on purpose like the Fall Guy. If they wanted to reinvent Axel Foley and kept the wit and charm I'd have welcomed it. But they just crammed as many 80's movies cliches as possible into 90 minutes.

I don't know why I took the time to write all that except maybe that I really, really wanted to like it and didn't.

All of that analysis of Moore's recruitment and no mention of the Samples Effect? I'm going to sleep at night telling myself that that's just something Texas couldn't overcome. Assuming everything is even with what Texas and Oregon have to offer, playing for Reginald Samples now and then going to play for his hotshot of a recruiter son, Ra'Shaad, cannot be overstated.

Reactions: Weejun
I think you are more than correct sir. I got the feeling that their phone is ringing constantly with peers talking about retribution everywhere they can deliver it. Cost of poker just went up. Particularly in state.

Reactions: Ketchum
Ketch, you need to convert your super-blue chip formula into a bit of software that keeps an automatically updating list on OB. Surely there is a computer need on the board that could make this happen. It’d be a better version of the other sites’ composite rankings because it would show only the recruits that really matter.

Also, would you mind reposting that formula?

Last edited:
Bingo, bingo, bingo.
This is quite helpful to properly set the bar. In terms of roster construction, then, an annual formula for a perennial playoff team would be something like: 5 blue-chip recruits, 10 plus-players out of the portal, and 5-7 eval recruits. If something like that is right, then the way the industry is doing class rankings is close to worthless

@Ketchum the tweet was not a good look but I get it. These kids and their support team could be in their feelings too so best not to say anything and keep recruiting. We have some nice players, both young and older. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the butt🤷🏻🤘🏻💯

I totally get Sark's tweet & good for him some of these kids act like they are gods gift to football F--k him enjoy Oregon enjoy Nov games in Michigan & Ohio.
Murphy list was great but Golden Child has to be in top 10.

We (the Texas fanbase) don't suffer from major sports failure fatigue like the Aggies do.

Simply put, the Aggies lost the NC series and then lost their coach less than 24 hours later. Consequently, they went from being hurt, to being shocked, to being enraged, and with Texas joining “their conference” they are now panicked.

So color me unsurprised they are more galvanized, desperate, and douchey than ever.
The bottom line is the bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT