ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

Never should have stepped foot on campus...but I'll go with terrible out of respect to the kid. :)

I get where you're coming from...but at the same time I guess I expect a little more foresight from some of you guys knee deep and up close to not only the program but the recruiting process. Guys bust all the time, but Heard was essentially declared as much around here before taking a single game snap. And maybe he will bust....it was Rice for god's sake. But the narrative around here for months was it was Swoopes or disaster with nothing to base it on other than practice snaps.

People are wrong all the time....hell I was dead wrong on Garrett Gilbert. I just prefer seeing before believing.
a. Foresight? I dare say I'm one of the only people online that has been writing about all of the risks that have been taken, while constantly writing big picture articles on the subject with such depth. I've outlined the quarterback high-wire gambles every step of the way.

b. My position on Heard has constantly been that he's a redshirt freshman that is being asked to be great before he's probably ready. It's a trend that Texas has been running through for more than a decade. Like Swoopes, Heard needed more time than he received before being asked to carry a heavy torch. I've also been one of the only people weighing the consequences of what he has potentially battled off the field.

It still might be a disaster. Let's not take that Rice performance and pretend it carries much true value. I don't know that the Longhorns are close to having a plus-player at quarterback.

Reactions: wfoot
a. Foresight? I dare say I'm one of the only people online that has been writing about all of the risks that have been taken, while constantly writing big picture articles on the subject with such depth. I've outlined the quarterback high-wire gambles every step of the way.

b. My position on Heard has constantly been that he's a redshirt freshman that is being asked to be great before he's probably ready. It's a trend that Texas has been I've also been one of the only people weighing the consequences of what he has potentially battled off the field.

It still might be a disaster. Let's not take that Rice performance and pretend it carries much true value. I don't know that the Longhorns are close to having a plus-player at quarterback.

By off field do you mean the sleep issues?

And I clearly stated it was just Rice and he could very well bust. I'm not annointing the kid as an AA...but he's certainly on the field/starting a lot sooner than you were projecting. My point was your theme through it all has been Heard is way behind the curve while Swoopes has been way out in front...even after the shit bombs the kid dropped last season and before Heard took a single game snap.

I guess I don't view the info is being on clamp down.
Well then we will agree to disagree about how much intetnal disagreements by subordinates in coaching personnel meetings about the most sensitive topic amongst our fan base you/your staff are privy too.

We will also agree to disagree about whether an OL/RB/WR/TE coach is telling their offensive boss and QB coach that he is starting the wrong guy at QB - and if they actually did do that, that it would be public info.

Strong mistakenly trusted Watson...so why wouldn't the other coaches?

By off field do you mean the sleep issues?

And I clearly stated it was just Rice and he could very well bust. I'm not annointing the kid as an AA...but he's certainly on the field/starting a lot sooner than you were projecting. My point was your theme through it all has been Heard is way behind the curve while Swoopes has been way out in front...even after the shit bombs the kid dropped last season and before Heard took a single game snap.
I wouldn't say that. I've said all year that the plan could blow up in the first two quarters on South Bend, which would make their decisions prior to South Bend very curious.

I wrote that Heard was way behind Swoopes based on the decisions made the coaches. I never lifted Swoopes above a possible 5 on the 1-10 scale.

Well then we will agree to disagree about how much intetnal disagreements by subordinates in coaching personnel meetings about the most sensitive topic amongst our fan base you/your staff are privy too.

We will also agree to disagree about whether an OL/RB/WR/TE coach is telling their offensive boss and QB coach that he is starting the wrong guy at QB - and if they actually did do that, that it would be public info.

Strong mistakenly trusted Watson...so why wouldn't the other coaches?
I'm afraid some of this stuff is best discussed in PMs. Hit me up if you want.

Dont be afraid my son.
i-m-not-afraid-o.gif

The offense has to score points. It'll take 30+ IMO

That's for sure! Big plays like last week is mandatory, but they are going to have to put together a couple of sustained drives too. The pups are going to have to grow up in a hurry! Meantime, I love their fight & swagger. Bodes well for the future. Hook 'em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT