ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn Football

Sanders should get some RZ looks on O IMO, but he is a full time DL if he has any desire to play beyond college.

The fact that there is a debate between whether or not he should play WR or DE tells me everything I need to know.

He's a DE.

Reactions: weevilcatch
The fact that there is a debate between whether or not he should play WR or DE tells me everything I need to know.

He's a DE.
Been some bad news of late on Sanders. News is that he thinks and acts like he is kelce or Gronkowski.

Word on the street is that the first NIL-allowed million dollar offer is out, and it's a high school kid from Texas.

Quinn Ewers, COME ON DOWN!

Word on the street is that the first NIL-allowed million dollar offer is out, and it's a high school kid from Texas.

No wonder he doesn't want to play for us. It's my understanding that tOSU has a similar arrangement with JT Tuimolau a hot shot from Seattle who just signed with them 2 weeks ago.

The QB from Bama Bryce Young has already signed almost 1 million in endorsement deals already.
I’m curious to see how this affects team chemistry when a couple of high profile teammates are raking in NIL money while most everyone else gets little to nothing. With these kids it could create some legitimate team distractions that coaches will have to manage. Some guys get to drive around in sports cars and wear the fancy jewelry. That could spark some envy and jealousy among teammates and maybe some coaches too.

This is not going even across the board. Some players on some teams will make lots of money. Others wont. That LSU gymnast with 4 million followers on TikTok could probably sign with one of the big firms for 5-6 million dollars. She will have teammates that wont see a dime. Every sport will have to deal with this. If I was a coach I would be reaching out to Minor League managers to see how they deal with the whole bonus baby situation.

Reactions: weevilcatch
This is not going even across the board. Some players on some teams will make lots of money. Others wont. That LSU gymnast with 4 million followers on TikTok could probably sign with one of the big firms for 5-6 million dollars. She will have teammates that wont see a dime. Every sport will have to deal with this. If I was a coach I would be reaching out to Minor League managers to see how they deal with the whole bonus baby situation.
Agree. Another issue, beside the team chemistry issue, is the time distraction to the newly minted 20 year old. 20 years old and now there are contractual commitments where there were none before. How will, for e.g., Bryce Young, handle potential demands for his time? Will the new demands distract him from football?

Is she the one with Joe Burrow?

So Charlie Strong had the pit, the five core values, took away the longhorn in the lockerroom, and didn't allow underclassmen to live off campus. Herman had the coaches were assholes, earn your stripe, go 1 -0, and runny eggs for the losers as motivational tactics. I haven't heard that Sark does any of these type of things. Seems like he treats them as adults which is refreshing to me. Has anyone heard what his coaching style is?

The more I think of Herman coming off the bus with a gold chain and a baseball bat, taking a sledge hammer to the locker room, and head butting someones helmet the more I'm glad he's gone. That guy had some issues.

Is she the one with Joe Burrow?
Not sure. I read an article around the time the whole NIL stuff went into effect. The premise of the article was about athletes with large social media followings being able to cash in like the twin basketballers at Fresno state and the gymnast at lsu. They are already making content. Now they can get paid as much as 40,000 for a single sponsored post.

We are still missing on big time OL recruits. If Kerstetter is in the starting line-up for game 1, that means that we missed on Tyler Johnson, Isaiah Hookfin, and ran off Javonne Shepard.
You should probably know Kersetter is our best returning OL.

to add to what I just said....Either our Oline was damned good last year with out the best 2 linemen.....or Bijan is completely other worldly and will damned near score at will with an even average Oline....9 yds per carry with a ragtag Oline?...My God!
Once Cosmi and Kersetter were lost the team was forced to give up Hermensa’s beloved inside zone and inside power and switch to outside zone based on what the remaining OL could actually do and we became a much better offense.

Kersetter is too long to play at center or guard and is a natural RT. When at RT in 2019 he had one of the highest pass protection ratings in the nation.

Last edited:

You can’t enter into any NIL deals until an enrolled student under Texas NIL laws.

Last edited:
Derek Kerstetter has bad hands and bad feet. He needs to add strength and loses his balance too frequently.

Looking back on Ricky's Heisman season if I remember correctly only 1 of his ol played in the NFL. But Mack came in and they formed an ol built to Ricky's talents. I guess they will build an ol to match Bijan's strengths.

Maybe true but 4 of the 5 were seniors and all had been together as a unit 2 years.

Experiance does matter.

Derek Kerstetter has bad hands and bad feet. He needs to add strength and loses his balance too frequently.
When Kerstetter had that injury against KSU they were talking about how he was playing with a fracture ankle and then it completely snapped. Gotta admire the kid for going all out but with a fractured ankle he just shouldn't see the field anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT