ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

Lol. Idgaf who clob is. All I know is he's awesome! Don't believe me? Just ask him.

So uhhh, clobster, in case you ever f*ckin' decide to get around to it, I'd sure love to hear about my young Desert Swarm. Sterns, Foster, Cook, Green, Jamison.

Perhaps more importantly, my guy Davante Davis. I think if that guy lives up to his potential, he could be the best lockdown corner that's ever roamed the forty.

That would be great re: D. Davis! However, he has a LONG way to go to pass up guys like Ross, Vasher, Jammer, Aaron Williams etc... much less guys like Chykie Brown, Curtis Brown, Holton Hill

My bad, I misread the safety two deep.

I don't think Davis really has that far to go. He has all the tools, if the light goes on, he'll cast a shadow over everybody you mentioned.

Don't know why you'd mention those last three. Chykie was average, I f*cking hated Curtis Brown, and yeah Hill woke up last year, but he didn't even play the full season. I think Davis is already better than those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
2018 Captains
Dlds07PUYAAShJ6.jpg
Man, if Hager doesn't eventually make an nfl roster he'd have a damn good shot at a shampoo model gig. If you're gonna be a pretty football player, you'd better be tuff!

I don't think Davis really has that far to go. He has all the tools, if the light goes on, he'll cast a shadow over everybody you mentioned.

Don't know you'd mention those last three. Chykie was average, I f*cking hated Curtis Brown, and yeah Hill woke up last year, but he didn't even play the full season. I think Davis is already better than those guys.

All of my memories of Chykie Brown are angry ones.

Don't know why you'd mention those last three. Chykie was average, I f*cking hated Curtis Brown, and yeah Hill woke up last year, but he didn't even play the full season. I think Davis is already better than those guys.

I only mentioned them because they have accomplished more on the field than D. Davis has and they were the first to come to mind. There are a lot more too. I'm hoping Davis surpasses them.

It took me a couple minutes to figure out who Clob is. His handle gives it away and yes he was a d lineman.

Thanks for posting, man. A couple of things that stand out to me is 1) Our OL as a unit and sporadic other positions are not comprised of freshman and sophomore for the first time in a long time. 2) A true freshman will be starting in our secondary unit. Stearns must be practicing "lights out". So, out of our starting 22, we have 1 true freshman on D and 2 soph on the offense (Ehlinger/Kerstetter). This amount of upperclassmen is a great sign and probably why some analysts are high on the Longhorns.

Well, they do have Sterns and Foster at opposite safeties, as it should be People say Brandon Jones has finally got it. He better have, because he's gonna have to play his ass off to hold off Foster.

Thanks for posting, man. A couple of things that stand out to me is 1) Our OL as a unit and sporadic other positions are not comprised of freshman and sophomore for the first time in a long time. 2) A true freshman will be starting in our secondary unit. Stearns must be practicing "lights out". So, out of our starting 22, we have 1 true freshman on D and 2 soph on the offense (Ehlinger/Kerstetter). This amount of upperclassmen is a great sign and probably why some analysts are high on the Longhorns.

From everything I've heard, from spring to now, Sterns is a ball hawk like no other. Think a bigger Earl Thomas. Every time Herman has mentioned him the last six months, it's been about Caden picking off passes. He also had two picks in the Army game. You're gonna love this guy.

Reactions: oldhorn2 and westx
From everything I've heard, from spring to now, Sterns is a ball hawk like no other. Think a bigger Earl Thomas. Every time Herman has mentioned him the last six months, it's been about Caden picking off passes. He also had two picks in the Army game. You're gonna love this guy.
I didn't realize he was there in the spring as an early enrollee. Every little bit helps and being there as a true freshman through the spring and fall camp is a big maturity jump physically and mentally. I can't get over "Stearns and Foster", cracks me up. It makes me thing of the premium brand of mattresses "Stearns and Foster".

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I didn't realize he was there in the spring as an early enrollee. Every little bit helps and being there as a true freshman through the spring and fall camp is a big maturity jump physically and mentally. I can't get over "Stearns and Foster", cracks me up. It makes me thing of the premium brand of mattresses "Stearns and Foster".
Sterns & Foster, putting people to sleep for the next 4 years!

Yeah Sterns and Foster both were early enrollees, and these upperclassmen found out real quick they better not sleep on them. (Damn I'm good, lol)

I think Sterns wowed the coaches so much, they knew he was gonna start in the spring. Foster was equally impressive, which tells me Brandon Jones must've really stepped his game up. Foster is a beast. Hopefully these guys stick around at least three years, but I doubt it. Enjoy the Sterns and Foster puns while can.

First time in nearly a decade we aren't 'young' everywhere.

Only 7 freshmen in the two deep and 4 have RS. Starter-Sterns, and the 2 other true freshman are part of the stellar CB class.

EDIT- Ehlinger and Kerstetter are the only other underclassman starters besides Stern.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
Brandon Jones came here to much fan fare with his talent and speed. Before now, no one could make the lights come on for him....always out of position, playing slow etc....I read that that has completely changed. He not only is always in the right position, he is getting the other guys lined up right as well. They say he is playing like they always hoped he could. If so...we are gonna love him. If he slides even a little, well....we have a plan Foster that will pick things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT