ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

I just talked to Rod Babers after his show today (Friday), and he said he was called into Mack's office on the Tuesday after the BYU game, following some critical comments Babers made about the defense on the Monday show that week.

Babers said he even reported on his afternoon radio show on KVET-AM that he had gotten called into Mack's office.

But Babers said even though he and Mack disagreed during the meeting about how much Babers should speak his mind, his radio job as the team's sideline reporter was never threatened by Mack.

Babers said the meeting ended in a congenial way and there's been no problem since.

Originally posted by ChipBrown:

But Babers said even though he and Mack disagreed during the meeting about how much Babers should speak his mind,
Seriously? That is an embarrassment of epic proportions. Sadly, not surprising.

869375.jpg

Originally posted by ChipBrown:

I just talked to Rod Babers after his show today (Friday), and he said he was called into Mack's office on the Tuesday after the BYU game, following some critical comments Babers made about the defense on the Monday show that week.

Babers said he even reported on his afternoon radio show on KVET-AM that he had gotten called into Mack's office.

But Babers said even though he and Mack disagreed during the meeting about how much Babers should speak his mind, his radio job as the team's sideline reporter was never threatened by Mack.

Babers said the meeting ended in a congenial way and there's been no problem since.

Targets often leave meetings with a congenial farewell or sentiment from the man behind the desk. A kiss on each cheek, even.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Gaylord Focker has multiple personality disorder and they're all posting today lol.

Originally posted by Gaylord_Focker:

Originally posted by moondog4:
Originally posted by 1JTB6806:

Originally posted by lilMAC:

You don't "fire someone on the spot" then allow them to get back on the radio and talk about the game and your coaching.
Exactly. It would be counterproductive to the initial plan to tell someone not to speak negatively of you and the program and then when they tell you they will not comply, continue to give them the opportunity and platform to do so. Oh, btw, now you've given them more ammo.

This place is full of school girls rumor mongering, just love the drama.
It's called character assassination
Yep. These losers don't deserve Mack. I wish he would find another coaching job and do well just to prove us wrong.
I think the board is in agreement. Texas fans do not deserve Mack, and we all wish he would find another coaching job.

Incredibly disappointing that Mack actually did that.

Guy needs to spend more time coaching than worrying about what people think.

So Mack got concerned about Rod's comments on a local radio show that maybe 50k(?) people heard? Why is Mack wasting his time with that? Who cares.

Originally posted by Ignatius J Reilly:
Incredibly disappointing that Mack actually did that.

Guy needs to spend more time coaching than worrying about what people think.
That's just it, Iggy.

He can't, so that is why he is concerned with what people think.

Originally posted by jaguar02:
I find this very common of micro managers. Instead of taking a fair assessment of themselves, fixing glaring weaknesses, and actually prospering they attack things ouf of their control, like the message. Mack is a grade A jerk and classeless if this is all true.
Totally agree. I'd also like to add that egomaniacs, like Mack, will not stand for any amount of criticism whether justified or not. They are the only ones "capable" of judging their performance.

the fact Mack called him into his offense is bullshit and sickening really. A guy I used to respect and even enjoyed meeting a few times has revealed himself to be quite someone else than I once thought
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What is Bellmont Traitor's real motivation in posting this? This is just one more example of MBTF doing something we know he's already done before. Is MBTF really fighting that hard to come back next year?

I hate that MBTF has done this (and come to this). Sorry Mack, but, you need to understand Texas fans DO NOT want you around any longer. You have frustrated your own purpose at this point. As much grace as is left for you, please use it all to admit your failures.

some of you dont get it...it has nothing to do whether babers was fired or even had his job on the line...the fact that mack took time from a weekend after a LOSS, 1 week into having a new DC, and not being able to identify what the F*ck is going on with his football team, to talk a radio/tv personality about his word choice or remarks about HIS team...seriously?????

Originally posted by cujo0622:
some of you dont get it...it has nothing to do whether babers was fired or even had his job on the line...the fact that mack took time from a weekend after a LOSS, 1 week into having a new DC, and not being able to identify what the F*ck is going on with his football team, to talk a radio/tv personality about his word choice or remarks about HIS team...seriously?????
When he recognizes something is broken, he fixes it.

I think MBTF has really got it in his head that he's coming back next year.....he probably thinks he'll win the off season, he'll be talking about getting ready to be good again, we'll all think we're in a bad episode of Groundhog Day.

Oh dear, please say it isn't so......

Originally posted by ChipBrown

Chip why don't you ask Mack why he thinks this is important. To take time out of his day to "persuade" talking heads to not say bad things about the program. Petty doesn't even begin to describe it.

Franco Bevo-You are closer to the truth than you know-Save this post if you know how(I don't) and we will discuss this again after the season,when he is still here.--utx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT