Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
I expect to see Texas work the big guys today. KU is going to have trouble with Kai Jones, Simms, and brown. Hamm and heppa are out due to Covid protocols. Hamm will be a loss. He’s brings some toughness off the bench.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Kansas doesn’t have a true point guard. With a defensive team like Texas that is getting exposed. 4 quick points off of two turnovers

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Texas takes - 37-28 lead to the half. Should be more honestly. Too many unnecessary mistakes. Kinda what I thought would happen though Simms and Jones are causing trouble for KU

Reactions: Oldmanastro

Drtxhorn

Feb 13, 2016
San Antonio
This team has all the talent to be the top defensive team in the country. The only thing that keeps me from feeling 100% confident in them is with Shaka's decisions with matchups and play calling in big game situations. At some point, we're going to be in a tight game and he's going to have make decisions and call plays out of timeouts that actually work. Right now, we can beat KU by 25 but turn around and lose to OU or WV by 20 a week later. Not enough consistency in big games yet. If we win the next 3-4 conference games then I'll start to believe. It all starts on the defensive end. They establish consistency and toughness on that end they will give themselves a chance to go deep in the tournament.

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
New AP rankings moved the boys up to #4.
Let’s hope they can hang on. They are looking good.
Also saw a report they will be holding the whole tourney in Indianapolis.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
New AP rankings moved the boys up to #4.
Let’s hope they can hang on. They are looking good.
Also saw a report they will be holding the whole tourney in Indianapolis.
Yeah they have an interesting set up in Indy. Should be fun and different right now Texas is in the running for a #1 seed. Just win the games your supposed to win and pick up another quality win or two and probably looking at no worse than a 3 seed

Drtxhorn

Feb 13, 2016
San Antonio
Kai Jones needs to play more minutes. This kid is an absolute stud and is getting better each time he steps out on the court. He needs to be our go to guy when we need a basket. He’s 6’11” and can defend, shoot and pass at a high level. He can handle the ball well enough to run the offense through him. He needs to touch the ball on every possession. Nobody can guard him due to his size and length. He’s definitely a lottery pick next nba draft. Maybe even top 5.

Reactions: westx

horn wild

Dec 4, 2001
Not sure about the top 5.......but yes it’s a crime that he’s not starting.

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Texas is not protecting the ball and taking bad/forced shots. I hate when they get lazy. They should still win, but they are giving up the big lead

RoboCocks21

Sep 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Texas wins not the prettiest but Andrew just had the best game of his career. This team can be dangerous if it goes on all cylinders.

bschroed21

Sep 6, 2006
In games where Texas shoots well, they are going to be really hard to beat this year. So long and athletic on defense and dominant on the boards. Perimeter shooting has improved and Febres hasn’t even played yet. But, they still waste possessions, sometimes in key moments. I’d like to see Shaka, just once, rip into somebody for jacking up a three early in the shot clock with a 9 pt lead and under three minutes to play. Every coach needs to have a little Knight in them.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
At this point if Texas can just avoid losses like this and pick up another quality win or two they are probably looking at a number 1 or two seed in the NCAA tournament.

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Today at noon on ESPN versus WV, there. Mountaineers have given Smart 2 of his worse losses the last few years. By 35 in 2018 and 38 last year.
I believe this year will be different. I say we win by 8-10.

Reactions: westx

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Today at noon on ESPN versus WV, there. Mountaineers have given Smart 2 of his worse losses the last few years. By 35 in 2018 and 38 last year.
I believe this year will be different. I say we win by 8-10.
Yeah this is not the WVU team of past years, and it’s a different Texas team as well. I think Horns get a little revenge. Bit of a tough spot of the schedule playing Kansas, WVU and Tech 3 out of 4, 2 on the road. If they can go 2-1 in this stretch they’ll be looking good.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
The fact that Simms has been a non factor today and the outside shot isn’t falling at all and they are still within a couple buckets. Should serve as notice to the rest of the country.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Good move by Shaka not to use the timeout. They’ve been killing WVU in transition all day long

bschroed21

Sep 6, 2006
That’s an encouraging win on the road. Shot poorly from 3-pt land and Sims didn’t contribute on offense (had his hands full on defense) and we still get a win against a really good team. Jones with the STONES. So happy for him.

Drtxhorn

Feb 13, 2016
San Antonio
Great win. We’ll definitely take it but we were bailed out by a boneheaded move from the WV forward who inexplicably put up a shot after an offensive rebound with no shot clock. All he needed to do was pass it out to a better free throw shooter and run the clock out.

Love what I’m seeing from Andrew Jones. His shot has been falling more consistently and his decision making has been great. I don’t think he turned the ball over once today.

Kai Jones still needs to get more minutes and have plays run through him. He’s out there basically taking the game as it comes to him and he still makes impactful plays. He’s just messing around playing pick up ball. He needs to get more opportunities to handle the ball and make plays for his teammates. He made the play of the game late in the 2nd half when he blocked Culver on one end and then outran everyone down the court for the fast break layup. That’s an elite basketball play. That’s an NBA All Star caliber play.