ADVERTISEMENT

MM what happened to my thread?

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
I started a thread about the college tuition scandal and somehow it was locked. What's up with that?

WTH is going on? $100K to the tennis coach? UT is a great school but ---- $100K compounded at 10%/year for 40 years = $5 million!!! The kid should've taken the money and gone to El Centro Community College!

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I started a thread about the college tuition scandal and somehow it was locked. What's up with that?

I have no idea. It looks like it was moved to the premium board for whatever reason. I didn't touch it. I guess one of the other mods moved it.

This is going to be an interesting test case for the NCAA. Rules are set up to keep schools from paying athletes not the other way around. It also appears as though these weren't even athletes. They were just using the lower standards for athletes to get their kids in school.

I bet my good buddy @Scholz is already organizing a protest to show this behavior will not be tolderated.......damnitt

It went to Bevoville stupid!

14weg3o.jpg

I always assumed that if you are rich enough you can get in to pretty much any college assuming you are a decent student. I never had a problem with it. If a donor gives a lot of money to a university for stadiums, business school or whatever, I don't think it is a big deal to allow a son/daughter to be accepted. I don't excuse the lengths this scandal went by faking test scores among other things.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Students. Its no secret that rich people buy their marginal student children spots into elite universities through either alumni or non-alumni donations. So they can put them in fancy prep schools, pay for coaches, tutors, SAT prep courses and for most that is enough to get into school. Some need that extra little push so they open up the check book and donate a few hundred thousand to the general development fund and that gets them in. So how bad do they have to be that you have to fake that they are a student athlete and bribe a coach so they can get into school.

Students. Its no secret that rich people buy their marginal student children spots into elite universities through either alumni or non-alumni donations. So they can put them in fancy prep schools, pay for coaches, tutors, SAT prep courses and for most that is enough to get into school. Some need that extra little push so they open up the check book and donate a few hundred thousand to the general development fund and that gets them in. So how bad do they have to be that you have to fake that they are a student athlete and bribe a coach so they can get into school.
The answer is--- very, very bad. Did you not see the comments made by that one actresses twunt kid?

"Oh I don't really want to be in college. I just want to be here for the experience-- tailgating, football games, parties. You know how I am" .

thats fvcking gross to me.

I have no idea. It looks like it was moved to the premium board for whatever reason. I didn't touch it. I guess one of the other mods moved it.
Does that mean I should start charging premium for idea theft?

WTH is going on? $100K to the tennis coach? UT is a great school but ---- $100K compounded at 10%/year for 40 years = $5 million!!! The kid should've taken the money and gone to El Centro Community College!
u

The help with the scandal ....get to the part where I can get 10% compound interest at all.....I will call em today!

Reactions: diadevic
Does that mean I should start charging premium for idea theft?

Well, I sure do like to read Clob's posts. Since I pay ZERO dollars for that privilege normally ( now there's a bargain) I am thinking of suing the Pay Board and all moderators other than LonghornMM for 100,000 ZERO dollars apiece just to make sure the right one gets it for stealing a Clob Comment and thus hiding it from my view. I am a poor old retired man with not many real dollars trying to avoid having to use the skills once learned to become a hit man to read Clob.

Seriously, when I got home from the USMC Training, I was having trouble finding a job I wanted. The lady asked what I could do. I said, "Ma'am, my finest accomplishment in my life, to date, was firing a 48 out of a possible 50 from the 500 yd line on the Rifle Range at Parris Island while my 225# Senior DI was sitting on my back pounding on me. When he got off, he said the only nice quiet thing he ever uttered in my direction...Nobody else heard it. "Private, I think we have found something you do well..." I have fired an awful lot of weapons, from the M1 Garand on up through the M-14, the m1911, the M60 Machine Gun, one of the last Bazookas in existence, a Flame Thrower, a 50 cal Spotting Rifle hooked to an 80mm Recoiless Rifle ( cost too much to let me fire the big round) and an 81 mm Mortar. One glorious day, I got to throw many many Frag Grenades as not enough people showed up to throw. The reason I got to throw so many pineapples was "the Supply Sergeant does not like returned Ordinance." I got pretty good at throwing Frag Grenades."

She did not bat an eye and said, "Sir, there are no openings that I am aware of in the Mafia."

Now MM, do I have to get a job in the Mafia to read Clob? I look pretty Scotch-Irish to be taken on by a Sicilian outfit. I want the Moderator that stole the Clob Comment on the street - in his underwear.

Yes I am...a gas operated...hopper fed...full automatic...Amphibious Texas Cowboy. Know how to tell an Amphibious Texas Cowboy from a Texas Cowboy? Easy. All his boots are spit-shined.

Last edited:
Allegedly, the women's tennis coach took a bribe. This is possible because of Title IX. During Bill Clinton's term, Hillary wanted to reinforce Title IX. The test case was Brown. Brown had a policy of helping any students who wanted to organize a team. When you let boys and girls decide to play sports, more boys participate. Brown was informed that unless they achieved numerical equality, all federal funding would end. This eliminated all men's non revenue sports and created new women's teams in soccer, rowing, rugby, lacrosse, etc. No one actually watches women's sports, so I think it's easy for a coach to take a bribe, then quietly let the "athlete" leave the team. Who's gonna notice?

Allegedly, the women's tennis coach took a bribe. This is possible because of Title IX. During Bill Clinton's term, Hillary wanted to reinforce Title IX. The test case was Brown. Brown had a policy of helping any students who wanted to organize a team. When you let boys and girls decide to play sports, more boys participate. Brown was informed that unless they achieved numerical equality, all federal funding would end. This eliminated all men's non revenue sports and created new women's teams in soccer, rowing, rugby, lacrosse, etc. No one actually watches women's sports, so I think it's easy for a coach to take a bribe, then quietly let the "athlete" leave the team. Who's gonna notice?

I teach an education policy class. We cover this case. I'm sorry but what you stated just factually incorrect on so many levels. Brown is in the Ivy leagues. They are non scholarship and there are no revenue sports. They all lose money and are supported through donations and student fees. In 91 Brown tried to eliminate volleyball and gymnastics. A lawsuit was filed almost a year and a half before Clinton took office. It worked its way through the federal courts and the supreme court refused to hear the case in 1997. Brown restored funding to volleyball and gymnastics, and elevated water polo and crew to varsity level. That resulted in 0 additional scholarships because all sports are non scholarship. They didn't cut any men's sports. In 2011 the proposed cutting a 2 men's sports and 2 women's sports but those.

I teach an education policy class. We cover this case. I'm sorry but what you stated just factually incorrect on so many levels. Brown is in the Ivy leagues. They are non scholarship and there are no revenue sports. They all lose money and are supported through donations and student fees. In 91 Brown tried to eliminate volleyball and gymnastics. A lawsuit was filed almost a year and a half before Clinton took office. It worked its way through the federal courts and the supreme court refused to hear the case in 1997. Brown restored funding to volleyball and gymnastics, and elevated water polo and crew to varsity level. That resulted in 0 additional scholarships because all sports are non scholarship. They didn't cut any men's sports. In 2011 the proposed cutting a 2 men's sports and 2 women's sports but those.

Hold up---- so Title IX does not apply to any private entity (Brown) that does not take government money in any form?

Hold up---- so Title IX does not apply to any private entity (Brown) that does not take government money in any form?

Brown receives federal funds so title IX applies to them. That case wasn't about funding it was about proportionality. Women made up 52% of the student body but only 38% of the athletes. The settlement was that they had to try and get slots for women to 48.5% without cutting mens teams

Brown receives federal funds so title IX applies to them. That case wasn't about funding it was about proportionality. Women made up 52% of the student body but only 38% of the athletes. The settlement was that they had to try and get slots for women to 48.5% without cutting mens teams
Gotcha.

I'm interested to see that once the FBI gets done poking around, how long it takes the IRS to get involved. I can almost guarantee that the people accepting these bribes aren't reporting that income. I would be interested to see how the IRS feels about not getting their portion of this 25MM pie.

Yes. Brown's policy of allowing students to choose to participate or not on their own produced "disproportionate" results because men are more interested in sports than women. We all know that men's minor sports were destroyed.

This stuff is rampant in our society. The politicians are probably the worst with the bankers being the biggest buyers. Think the lobbying money only goes to campaign coffers? =)roll Why doesn't the FBI go to those places that wield the MOST power?

Reactions: Drtxhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT