My prediction on tomorrow’s mod predictions, and my prediction.

Humpy Go Lucky

I hoard toilet paper
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2017
Tomorrow when the staff predictions are posted most of the predictions will be in the same ballpark. Each mod will say that Texas will come out on top. The typical forecast will be in the 34-20 range. This is more of a psychological issue than based on beliefs. No one wants to be the outlier. The variability in the predictions will be around Texas’ offensive output. There will be a mod that will give Oklahoma more credit, predicting a 1 touchdown victory for Texas because oklahoma defense, rivalry game, throw the records out the window, yada yada yada. That prediction will be something like 27-20. There will be a mod that will forecast a 20-ish point victory in the 41-20 range. Everyone else will be in the 30’s for Texas to the 20’s for Oklahoma.

Many here have said this game will be similar to the Michigan game and I can see their point. Except we really took our foot off the gas’s in the 2nd half of that game because we didn’t want to embarrass our hosts. We’ll have no reservations in this game.

We’ll come out and establish the run. I think this is why we didn’t have a balanced attack against Miss St. That was a smokescreen intended to confuse Oklahoma. We have 3 good backs and the best offensive line in college football. We’ll come out early with intentions to use them. Their defensive line is supposed to be the strength of their team. We’ll want to immediately demoralize them. 21-3 at half. Then we open things up in the 2nd half and their heads will be spinning. They won’t know what to expect. Oklahoma may get a TD in garbage time when we start playing everyone who hasn’t had a chance to get in the game. Final score 56-13 Texas. Now 7pm on the East coast where I am. Try not to OD on bourbon so I can see the end of the OSU/Oregon game. Wake up happy.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.